Smallest Breeding Stallion?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe what was stated was that tiny tim was the smallest breeding stud ever at 19". So, since he was bred (and I would not breed him but someone did) then that makes him a breeding stallion. Yes I would have to count him.

Mine is my Pure Falabella stud named Paradise Chupa Chup. 28 1/2"
chuppy032.jpg

I believe what was stated was that tiny Tim was the smallest breeding stud ever at 19". So, since he was bred (and I would not breed him but someone did) then that makes him a breeding stallion. Yes I would have to count him.
Even though Bob, who started the thread, has decided not to???

Hey Ho
default_wink.png

The breeder told me my Buckeroo grandson would mature to 32 or 33", well there must be something in the air here, because he is 36" tall. [No problem, I have primarily B-size mares, all AMHR.]

This fall I did acquire another stallion, he's mature and only 31"; so I don't think he'll go over.
default_wacko.png
Hopefully, he will cross well with my two smaller mares (small for me at 34").

Hey DRK, what ever happened to your stallion Imperial Storms sire his name was Tinker toys Fiesta? IS he still alive and producing or is he now gone?

ALways loved his photos, was just curious. Your boy is sure nice hope he produces you some good ones

My smallest breeding stallion was my 27.75" HHH Cream of the Crop who passed away several years ago. But I still have three who are right around 29.75" (though one of them.... Calypso, I expect to mature around 31 to 32") and one who is 30" and one at 30.5". I love them all!

But I'm hoping to eventually produce another teeny tiny one from one of my smaller mares.

Susan O.

okay guys lets not be mean to one another please. lets be less mean and nasty andlearn something on this post. Sorry to butt in but i dont like all his fighting and mean stuff. we dont need another person to leave this place.

Can I chime in?
default_biggrin.png
We are back among the land of the living! aka on line and with electricity which means HEAT, WATER, LIGHT !
default_yes.gif

Our smallest breeding stallion is Lucky 17 Cowboy. 25 1/2" He just fell into our lives and we feel like the luckiest people on earth to have him with us. He is 10 years old this year and has a very high percentage of foals who have been World or National Top Ten so we think he is unique among miniature stallions.....from very small foal crops his foals have been awesome!
default_biggrin.png

Cowboy came to us at 4 months old through a sale. Becky, Redrock, called me one night and said "You have to come out to the sale and see this little colt". I did and was astounded at the quality and size of him. The next day Becky bid for us and won the bid. Unfortunately someone else wanted him too and the bidding went way over what I expected. Then I had to figure out how to tell Frank, who was still in Chicago, what I'd done!
default_rolleyes.gif

These pix of Cowboy were taken when he was 6 or 7. Straight out of the pasture in full coat with just a bath and trim job.

12-07cowboy3web.jpg

cowboyliz250X.jpg

Cowboy has bred mares pushing 36" with the help of our breeding deck and could actually go a lot higher.

And our big boy is Star Skipper, 29 1/2". He has been among the top 3 in AMHA, AMHR & PtHA (3 different sets of judges, 3 different sets of competition and he has been World Reserve Champion and Top Ten in all 3!) and now his foals are following in his foot steps. We spent 5 years trying to buy Skipper after he came to us to be shown when he was 6 months old. Finally, SUCCESS!
default_aktion033.gif

skipperfunkybordersmall.jpg

This is Skipper straight out of the pasture too.

I sure would like to see pictures of some of the other little ones mentioned on here that didn't have pictures posted. I think the very small miniatures have had tremendous advancement in conformation in just a few short years.

Go Little!
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

Diane......

I am in
default_wub.png
with your Storm. He is amazing!!!!! For me, he would be my perfect breeding stallion.

Thank You
default_saludando.gif
Storm is a real Sweetheart and he is one of my Favorites.

Here is a casual pic of him that reminds me of a miniature Gypsy Vanner. He has a very thick of mane now...lol

stormjune4b.jpg

default_saludando.gif
Hi!

Charlotte your boys are just WOW!! And glad to hear you got heat & electricity again! Yuck! I hope my little guy will do well in the show pen next year as a 2yr.old. He's SO little, just 27" now and "refined" His sire's get are doing REALLY well in the show pen! My boy I got from Abby Conder and this guy's sire's First Knights Breakin All The Rules. For being little he's really put together well. And for being "so" little he has such a NEAT personality!! And I like the way he's marked!

ShrimpWorldShowPict.jpg

ShrimpCologe800px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My lil guy is 27.5" @ 3 yrs old. Zephyr Woods Sporty Buckeroo. I will have 2 (hopefully) foals from him in 08.

Sporty_State_Fair_07039-327x228.jpg

I also have an upcoming lil stallion purchased from Reflections in OKC....he is out of Star Skipper shown earlier on this post. He is currently 27" @ 9 mo.

Gotta love those lil studs.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Talker-233x240.jpg

This is really good to get to see where many of the very nice, very small stallions are at. I have been on a seemingly endless venture all over the sale boards and websites ALL Day long looking for a specific type horse for my friend and I just can't find anything along the lines of what he wants.

Who has the tiny appaloosas? Someone must be hiding them all.
default_yes.gif

And Lucky 17 Cowboy...my oh my
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
he took my breath away the moment I first seen his photos on here and I have been totally in love with him every since.
default_yes.gif
He doesn't accidently have any 28" or under 2 year old (or older) sons that are homozygous out there for sale does he ?
default_wink.png
If he does...can you PM me?
default_biggrin.png

Boy I'll tell ya.. I have looked at some small horses today all over the internet and you are absolutely right...the small miniature horse has really really come a very long way in advancing it's appearance in just a matter of a few short years.

Hey DRK, what ever happened to your stallion Imperial Storms sire his name was Tinker toys Fiesta? IS he still alive and producing or is he now gone?

ALways loved his photos, was just curious. Your boy is sure nice hope he produces you some good ones
Hi, Tinker Toys Fiesta was owned by Beth Freeland at Freeland Miniature Horses but she sold him to

Willow-Roc Miniature Horses in Kansas.

Willow-Roc Miniature Horses

He is 17 years old but is still a Stunning stallion and is still producing beautiful foals.

We have one at littlefoot hes owned by Sandy Caja. We're trying to sell this correct little guy looks like tinies arent as popular around here
default_rolleyes.gif
He has a HUGE heart and tries anything ; his father the same size and you can drive him; And hes awesome with kids . Can't belive he hasnt found a family tiny breeding home
default_wub.png
hehe!

Lakota King *27.5" ;

This 27" Boy will Try SO hard for you ; that jump was SO wide Wee Man(33") had to stretch over it :DOH! ;

kingdom.jpg

aweaking.jpg

Poor Halter Photo But if he wasn't standing under himself I LOVE this stallion
default_wub.png
;

kingads.jpg

This Little Guy is for sale
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back