Smallest Breeding Stallion?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtman

Reaction score
Just wondering what size your smallest breeding stallion is. Currently our smallest is Winners Circle Cupid, a black and white pinto @ 26.5 inches. His sire is Multiple National Champion Winners Circle Adonis. I believe that Bond Tiny Tim was the smallest @19".
default_rolleyes.gif

Tiny Tim was a dwarf- do you wish to count dwarfs in breeding stallions-- obviously a lot of people on here have strong feelings about this- or do you wish to go for only proven non dwarf stallions??

I have had only a few stallions. My smallest to date is Cross Country New Kid In Town at 30". My other stallion is 33.5". Then I had one at 32.5" who is now deceased and one at 33.25" that has been sold.

I'm not going to break any smallest records ever (NO desire to breed for tinies).

My smallest stallion would be Ericas Gone and DunIT. DunIT is AMHR National Top 10 / AMHA Halter Honor Roll / Multi Champion. He's a grandson of BTU and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and a great grandson of Egyptian King. DunIT stands 31" tall.

My smallest breeding animal would be one of my perlino mares, Ericas Sweet as Sugar. Sweetie has many National Champion siblings and is a granddaughter of BTU. She stands 30.5" tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of my current breeding stallions, Encore Dublin Mudslide (my new boy!) is the smallest at approximately 28". I've been looking for a small black based pinto stallion with the quality and conformation I breed. I think I've found him!

MudSlide1.jpg

7-07MagicMaker.jpg

Redrock Magic Maker is 30" and returned home to Redrock this spring after being sold as a weanling. Most of my mares are in foal to him for 2008. I can't wait for those foals!
default_aktion033.gif

9-04FlashLiz.jpg

And of course, Harts Tip Top Flash is 31.75" and the mainstay of my breeding program for the past 7 years or so.

9-04IncignitoLiz.jpg

Redrock Incognito, that I co-own with Stephanie White of Three C Farm is 30". I just happened to 'find' him a few years back and hardshipped him into AMHA. What a find he was! AMHA World Champion and multi Top 10 siring World Champions, Reserve World Champions and Top 10's in just a few small foal crops!

I dont think I'll break any records too, but my stallion suits me just fine with my taller mares.

He stand around 30-31" and does a great job downsizing.

Our breeding stallions are OMP Bantam Buckeroo 27, we were thrilled with his 2007 foals so we repeat breeding. First time this year we bred my Little Americas Silver Charmer 25 in moment he is only three so give him an inch more til 5 years old. His is out of Little Americas Silver Tornado is 26 and his dam 27 my favorite mare at Tonys.

A

My smallest breeding stallion is Wittmaacks Little Skipper at 28.5". Dandy (Mickey Mouse son) and Casper (Buckeroo son) are both 30.25 & 30.5 respectively.

I have recently acquired two new stallions, in partnership with my friend, both Buckeroo sons. One measures 28.5" and the other 32.5".

Our breeding stallion is 32 inches.
default_yes.gif

Tiny Tim was a dwarf- do you wish to count dwarfs in breeding stallions-- obviously a lot of people on here have strong feelings about this- or do you wish to go for only proven non dwarf stallions??
You are of course correct about Tiny Tim. I was using him as a reference. I am talking about correct breeding stallions. I always enjoy your input. Bob

Our smallest is Myster Spectacular. He's a solid bay coming 3 yo in 2008 line bred Orion stallion/colt. It looks like he'll probably top out at 27.5". He'll probably get a mare in 2008.

Out of my current stallions the smallest is 32" but I have a colt that I am hoping will grow into a nice stallion (time will tell on him) but he should mature in the 28" range.

our main herd sire is

Triple Ks Boogies Bowtie a 28" smutty Buckskin we had his first 3 foals this year and couldn't be happier with his foals for 07' (2 fillies and 1 colt)

no professional pics but hopefully better ones next spring

HPIM0299.jpg

bowandlace7-31-05.jpg

Well.... I wanted a little guy that was going to be tuff in the 28" and under stallions class and wanted one that wasn't going to end up a chunky monkey! lol! My little guy is just coming 2 and is 27" and pretty sure he's done growing... But he's pretty put together for being such a little guy.... i'm ansious to see how he does next year! But I also have a 31.5" boy and one that will mature around 31".

My smallest (I only have two studs) is Vintage Farms O Dynamite. He is 27 3/4 black & white. and is adorable in my not so impartial view
default_biggrin.png

Our HOF stallion Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer is 29" tall.

Our smallest stallion was Murrays' Little Red Baron at 28" -- he has gone to live in Quebec now.

Our smallest mare is Boones Buckskin Princess also 29"

I have three small stallions and a colt.
default_biggrin.png

29" Freelands Fiestas Imperial Storm

s4.jpg

27.5" LTD's Magic Mans Top Ticket

tickie.jpg

30.5" Toyland Tino Trix

head.jpg

Plus I had to have this cutie who is expected to mature about 28" Dent Sidney Gold Oreo

Stalli1.jpg

Tiny Tim was a dwarf- do you wish to count dwarfs in breeding stallions-- ?

Like it or not Tiny Tim was used as a breeding stallion...So, I would have to count him as a breeding stallion.

DRK, I love all your boys.

So you would be happy to have a Dwarf counted as a breeding stallion, against correct, non-dwarf stallions????

No, sorry, not for me, and Bob seems to have understood the point perfectly and did state he meant correct stallions, not dwarfs.

My smallest is my Alvadars DD grandson, who is 27", and then of course, Mr Rabbit, who is still 28" (both to the withers)

Latest posts

Back