Small Horse, Mini Mule, And & ducks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini_Luver92

Reaction score
Will 5 ducks, 1 small horse (13-15h), 1 mini mule be safe together on a quarter acre lot, And do mules brey, and do they t=do better in cold weather better then mini donks.

Thanks
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We will build two stalls in our shelter, the mule is gelded and we don't have the horse is yet, the mule is about 36". In the post i ment 3 quarters of an acre but thinking about it we would do two acres.

PS I am almost 13 and about 4ft 6in and 98#s could i ride him, because i heard of a adult riding a 39in mule.

Thanks

I think I want a gelding for a horse,would that be fine, how would a mare be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Mini mules don't bray. They kind of do a half bray/neigh. They can't seem to decide which to do. I have 3 and they all sound very different. Maestro kind of "sings", Sunny squaks and Jester screams.

My mules run with the horses. Maestro, the 2 yr old gelding, loves to play with the stallions. Of course, all but 1 of my horses is a mini. He doesn't get to play with the minis.
sad.gif
He is a 16hh QH.

The old timers believed that a mare is good for a gelded john. They use to run a span (driving team) of a mare and gelded john. They believed it kept the mule more calm. My friends have a Haflinger mare and a gelded mule and they are best buddies.

Mules don't seem to mind the cold weather as bad as the donkeys do. My jack hates the cold/wet weather. His hair doesn't seem to get as thick as the horses and mules.

As far as the ducks....not sure. My mini mules love to chase things.

Then the riding thing, I can't answer that either. I know mules are stout little guys. There is an adult in our Mule/Donkey club that rides about a 13hh mule. The guy is about 5'6" and probably weighs 150#s. The mule does fine with him on long trail rides.

Thanks, I am still worried about having a mini mule in with the ducks, does anybody have any ideas.

Thanks;

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, I would have to agree with what Shawna (minimule) said. I have a hinny and he dont quit know what sound to make either, but when it does come out it really does sound more like a horse, trying to whinny...but not quit succeeding. My mini donkeys all go in the barn when the weather gets cold, not even the run in ...in the barn in a warm stall! They dont seem to have the winter coats like the horses get. Besides that ..we wouldnt want them to get cold ears!!..lol...as for ducks, mine would probably chase and stomp them, they dont like anything that dont belong in there pasture, even a barn cat just crossing thru, they will chase right out. I would put the ducks in there own penned area. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Corinne

We biult our ducks a pen with T-posts and small wire mesh fencing including the top of it so hawks or prey bird and cats can't get in. Then we put a dogcrate in there and a dipping pany for playing in.

My donkey brays all the time day and night. If he see us and or anybody else. My husband says he would make a good rooster, he wakes us up everytime we sleep longer than his breakfast time!

Latest posts

Back