SMACK Between the eyes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
I fed the horses late this morning, since I was up late and then up and down a couple of times during the night watching the mares on camera... when I checked to see if the mini mares in the arena still had hay from last night, there was an EXTRA horse in there! Not only a pretty little foal standing there, but a LOUD APPY one at that!
default_new_shocked.gif

abbie1.jpg

I ran in, thinking that it was so loud it would have to be a boy - but nope, it's a FILLY! Her mom is a mare I've been leasing with an option to buy (and we're gonna take that option!) and her sire is our marvelous little man "Appy". We didn't think Nikkie was due until May 24... and she wasn't looking imminent (but again, we weren't watching that closely) but this filly doesn't look like too much of a preemie!

abbie3.jpg

She's on the barncam now in a corral, KpM Barncam 1

abbie-butt1.jpg

Her legs are a little wonky, the vet thinks she probably had to walk too much at first, so Mom and baby are closed into a 12x 12 area for the next few days, but everything should be fine.

OhMyGoodness1.jpg

She's silver dapple (black based) since Appy is homozygous for silver, but at first I thought she was black since she's so dark! Her name is "Abbie" - registered name will be "APPSOLUTELY FABULOUS"!

abbie7.jpg

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Appy's next baby is out of our maiden mare Ginny who is (supposedly) due April 29... of course HER we've been watching for 2 months!

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful surprise!!!!! So glad she is healthy!!!!
default_wub.png

default_wub.png
So cute, congrats!

Wow!
default_wub.png
What a cutie and such a loud color!
default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations!

~Rebecca

default_aktion033.gif

She does look a little but "early" but not bad, and the legs and such will sort themselves out. Beautiful, congratulations!

Liz

Oh WOW!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
What a beautiful girl!!!!!! shhh, what's that?? OOOOH She says she wants to come live in Ohio!!
default_biggrin.png

Awwww, Abbie is absolutely beautiful
default_wub.png

Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurry up & buy that mare!!
default_yes.gif

OMG she's GORGEOUS!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!!

Whoooo!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Wow look at that color!
default_new_shocked.gif
Congratulations on a beautiful filly.

Stephanie

What a wonderful surprise!!! I'd take surprises like that any day!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back