Slow Cooker Recipes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
So I finally decided to get a slow cooker (crock pot) and tried it last night - I made Teriyaki Pork Tenderloins, which turned out pretty good. Would love to hear some of your recipes, too!

Liz N.

This is another pork recipe..... BBQ Pulled Pork

1 boneless pork roast or tenderloin. If using a small roast, cut off any outside excess fat.

1 small bottle or 2 cans of root beer (I buy the cheapest)

Put both the meat and root beer in Crock Pot. Cook on Low for at least 8 hours. If you can

"pull" the meat with just a fork, it's ready.

Drain off the root beer. Place the meat in a large bowl and shred the meat with a pair of forks.

Add your favorite BBQ sauce......amount is up to you. I use a fork to mix it in.

Toast and butter hamburger buns. Spread a thick layer of the pulled pork on the buns.

Serve with a salad, if desired.

I do so many things in the slow cooker. One of my favorite is slow cooker lasagna. I'll find the recipe and share. You're going to love cooking with it!

Pinterest has so many crockpot recipes...and regular recipes...I joined just for that and I've made quite a few off there....it's nice because you can keep all your recipes in one spot.

MA - I saw several pulled pork recipes that asked for root beer and I was a little skeptical, but I trust your judgement as I've made several of your recipes and they've always been good. So thank you! Look forward to the lasagna recipe and Sonya, Pinterest is a great idea- thanks!

Liz N.

I made chicken vegatable soup today, and it turned out really good. It was really easy (you can put in whatever types of veggies you like):

• 3 chicken breasts cut into chunks
  • 1 large bag frozen mixed veggies
  • 1/2 bag of frozen corn
  • 3 cartons of chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup of sherry
  • onion powder
  • Parsley flakes

Just throw it all in there on low and it is ready when you come home from work
default_eat.gif

I have a crockpot cookbook somewhere but no cooking going on here. Due to the hot water heater leaking we are in remodel stage...the cabinets, floor, sink, and stove are moved out. The refrigerator is plugged in temporarily on a different wall...no water, so no ice maker. We microwave or pick up carry out..eat on paper plates. I throw salad together without chopping. I have my floor and counter top picked out and I met with the cabinet makers today to pick out style, stain, and hardware.

I am so looking forward to having a kitchen once again and sharing recipes with you guys!

Vickie, you have perfect crockpot circumstances. You could easily make a crockpot stew right now; pre-cut stew meat from the store (might be a bit better browned first, but you can throw it in right out of the package), baby carrots, baby potatoes, stew seasoning (I like McCormicks stew seasoning in the little packets), add a few other veggies you like (if you want), add some water; simmer 6 hours and voila stew.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great ... we should really have an LB recipe book!! Thank you!!!

Liz N.

This year at Nationals we had a crockpot. Was perfect for thr days we were showing. We actually took a whole chicken, threw in some chopped onion and sprinkled some spices on. Let it cook. Then near the end we upped the temperature to high and threw in some dumplings made from bisquick. Yummy!! My husband too his to the arena to watch and people were asking him where he bought it and how much was it. LOL

I threw this in the crock last night for this am

Egg brunch casserole:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8yQBCaAfcn0/TMrC3lmQr9I/AAAAAAAABJA/_bR5rxFLq_4/s1600/untitled.bmp

I put more cheese than it calls for, also more bacon. I use the microwave bacon and micro it first and pat all the greese off. I use the frozen hashbrowns that are chunks and have the green pepper and onion already in it...those two steps make this breakfast a breeze. I make this alot, I hate to cook breakfast...it makes alot so we refrig the leftovers and eat it for 3 days. I also don't put in the dill but I do add garlic, salt and pepper. It takes about 10 mins to prep and in the am walla breakfast is done. I have made it with breakfast sausage too, crumbling and cooking the sausage first, the micro bacon is much easier.

Tomorrow I am going to try this one for dinner:

Crockpot swiss chicken casserole:

http://www.thesefour.com/2011/01/crockpot-swiss-chicken-casserole.html?m=1

One more and I'll stop posting...as you can tell I use my crockpot alot, especially in the winter, I have 4 crocks all different sizes and it's not unusual for me to have two going at once (one for a soup, and one for a main course)...tip: buy the liners, makes clean up a breeze!

This recipe I actually got from here a couple years ago...it's so simple you would think it would be mediocre, but it's the best Broccoli Cheese Soup ever! I double it and freeze the leftovers for our lunches.

Broccoli cheese soup:

8 oz jar of cheez whiz

1 can of cream of celery soup (10 3/4 oz)

Bag of frozen broccoli (16 oz)

2 cups half and half

Mix up in crock, cook on low for at least 4 hours (I always do alot longer) I add pepper but do NOT add salt, the celery soup has enough.

I threw this in the crock last night for this am

Egg brunch casserole:

http://4.bp.blogspot...00/untitled.bmp

I put more cheese than it calls for, also more bacon. I use the microwave bacon and micro it first and pat all the greese off. I use the frozen hashbrowns that are chunks and have the green pepper and onion already in it...those two steps make this breakfast a breeze. I make this alot, I hate to cook breakfast...it makes alot so we refrig the leftovers and eat it for 3 days. I also don't put in the dill but I do add garlic, salt and pepper. It takes about 10 mins to prep and in the am walla breakfast is done. I have made it with breakfast sausage too, crumbling and cooking the sausage first, the micro bacon is much easier.

Tomorrow I am going to try this one for dinner:

Crockpot swiss chicken casserole:

http://www.thesefour...serole.html?m=1
THIS will be on the menu for H and I either Saturday or Sunday morning
default_eat.gif

My favorite is made from leftovers. On day one I roast a beef roast in the reg. oven with veggies, any will do.

The second day is when I use my crockpot. I chop the leftover beef and pour in the liquid after I skim off the fat.

Add chopped leftover veggies

Start slow cooker, in my food processor I puree one can of tomatoes, add to cooker. (I can my own tomatoes and use a quart jar, but store bought works too)

Cook it all day and add salt and pepper,

Just before I go out to feed horses dinner I add one can or frozen bag of mixed vegtables.

You just made the best vegtable beef soup ever, serve with rolls, buiscuts or corn bread, will warm you up on a cold night!

By the way ladies, I'm loving these, and will try the breakfast one real soon, never cooked breakfast in my cooker before.

Vickie, you have perfect crockpot circumstances. You could easily make a crockpot stew right now; pre-cut stew meat from the store (might be a bit better browned first, but you can throw it in right out of the package), baby carrots, baby potatoes, stew seasoning (I like McCormicks stew seasoning in the little packets), add a few other veggies you like (if you want), add some water; simmer 6 hours and voila stew.
Right now I know where the baby carrots and potatoes are (the fridge) but I honestly don't know which box the crockpot is in. Or if the box is in the house or out in the 2500 sq ft shp bldg that I toted many boxes to. Also I would have to wash the crock pot in the bath tub or outside
default_crybaby.gif

I love Thai and Indian Food. Here's a great Butter Chicken recipe
default_smile.png
. Made it the other night!

Spinach Butter Chicken

"This recipe is creamy and delicious. You can cook it on LOW for 8-10 hours, or HIGH for 4-6 hours"

1 large onion, finely chopped

5 cloves garlic, minced

1 can (28oz.) tomatoes with juice

1 can (14oz.) tomato paste

2 Tbsp. butter, melted

2 tsp. each ground ginger, curry powder

1 tsp. each ground cumin, cinnamon, coriander

1/2 tsp. ground cardamom

1 lb. skinless chicken thighs (with or without bone) about 6-8 pieces

4 cups fresh spinach

1 Tbsp. lime juice

1 cup plain yoghurt

Toasted cashews, cilantro, to garnish. Cooked jasmin or basmati rice.

Place onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, butter, ginger, curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, and chicken into Crock Pot. Cook at desired time listed above. Chicken will shred when cooked.

Mix in spinach, lime juice, and yoghurt. Garnish with cashews and cilantro. Serve over rice.

Matt's tip! Enjoy with a cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay! Mmmmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back