Slow Cooker Recipes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! I hope you like it as much as we do
default_yes.gif

The pot roast recipe sounds really good, too...actually, they ALL sound great!!!!! Getting some really good ideas here!

Liz N.

Went out today to purchase the ingredients for the broccoli and cheese soup and will be having it some time this weekend. I also plan to stop buy Panera Bread and buy some bread bowls to go with it. I did buy some extra shredded cheddar cheese to melt on top of the soup too!

Also plan to make turkey chili in the slow cooker.

Two of my favorites - Pot Roast

Put in crockpot

2-3 lb beef or pork roast

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can (12 oz) coke or diet coke

1 package onion soup mix

Cook on low 8-10 hours (10-12 if roast is frozen when you put it in)

Can also throw in some potatoes

Use cornstarch to thicken the juices for gravy. Yummy!
I just put this in my crock pot this morning!! Fingers crossed Mr. Picky likes it!!! LOL!!

I'm making homade bread and mash potatos to go with it! YUMMMM! I can't wait!! LOL!

I havent read them all but, does anybody have a good chicken chili one?

Just letting you all know that pot roast was killer good!!!!! Mr picky had no idea what was in it untill it was all gone and then I told him! He shook his head and said it was wonderful!!
default_thumbup.gif
Another one for my recipe box!!!!

This is another one that is so easy. I cannot cook anything that isn't easy... It's kind of embarrassing, actually, but it's one of the things I make that H and I eat until it's gone and love it.

"Beanie Weanies" (I told you it's kind of embarrassing!):

• 1 package of hot dogs (I use "Great Dogs" chicken hot dogs, but whatever you like including half smokes works really good)
  • 1 large or 2 medium cans of baked beans (we like some flavors of Bush's Baked Beans)
  • 1 package of Onion Soup
  • 1/2 (or plus) your choice of BBQ sauce
  • Prepared mustard (to taste)
  • Brown Sugar / Brown Sugar Splenda (to taste)
  • Garlic Powder (to taste)
  • 12oz package of frozen diced onions

For this one, I use one of our smaller crock pots.

• Slice up your hot dogs like pennies, then grill them to desired level using either Pam or a little vegatable oil
  • Using the same pan, also grill your package of frozen onions using either Pam or some vegatable oil
  • Put your beans in the crock pot
  • Using a microwavable container, on "medium" do your onion soup package w/ 1.25 cups of water for about 8 minutes (to soften the onions), then put it in the crock pot
  • Add what you want of BBQ, Mustard, Garlic Powder and Brown Sugar
  • When the hot dogs are done, put them in
  • When the onions are in, put them in
  • Mix and "cook" on low for 6-8 hours (or high for less... I use the crock pots so it's ready when we are done with the day, you can do it on the stove quicker)

We like it with tossed salad and corn bread
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Since y'alls recipies sound sooo good, I'll add my 2 cents worth, especially since it's almost Thanksgiving.

For 2 people roasting a whole turkey is not worth the hassle, but I've found that if you do it in the crock pot it's easy and yummy!

We use a small turkey(10#or less) or one of those without the legs and wings.

Use a BIG crock pot 6 qts at least.

Just prep the turkey like you would when roasting it, (I brush with melted butter, dust with garlic powder and poultry spice) and throw it in the crockpot with a little water. It cooks in about 4-5 hours I think??!! Not too long anyway.

It will come out so tender and juicy!! All you have to do is pick out the bones after you get the breast meat off. The skin is not crisp and yummy like a roasted turkey, but in these health conscious times, who eats the skin anyway!

Oh, I'm very excited! I just found 105 Cooking Light slow cooker recipes - I am big of flavor and also want healthy/low calorie choices. The Thai Red Curry Beef looks awesome!

http://www.cookingli...88/page108.html

Liz N.
Thank you, Liz! Those look delicious AND healthy...

(Everyone's recipes look great, but as a diabetic, I have to limit fat...MOST of the time...hehe)

All the recipes sound great. I'm going to have to try them. Here's one that we enjoy a lot.

BBQ RIBS

Cut up a slab of pork ribs (cut into 2 ribs per piece) and place in slow cooker with about 1/3 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. cook for about 8 hours. Remove ribs from cooker and drain off liquid. Coat ribs with BBQ sauce and place ribs back in cooker and cook for another hour. Enjoy.

One of my favorites in Calico Beans. I make them thick rather than like a soup. i either take dry beans and soak awile ahead of time or cook them extra, or, i take about 10 cans of different type of beans, rinse, and throw in crockpot. add 1 lb browned ground beef with onions along side, 1 lb cut up and fried crisp bacon, ketchup, brown sugar. dried musdtard, and a tad of vineagar. i fill a 6 quart crockpot and cook all day. Really good served with cornbread or cornmeal muffins. Great to come in from night chores to a hot meal.

love all the other recipes here!

We do our baby back ribs in the crockpot too, except we put them on the grill first for about 15 mins a side (we use butt rub for the seasoning)...then we put about an inch of beer in the bottom of the crock and cook on low all day. Coat with sauce (we like famous daves devils spit sauce) and put back in crock for about a half hour.....yummy, best ribs ever!

Speaking of ribs, I don't like them usually, too much fat for me. I do cook them in hte oven after boiling out most of the fat, but I do use them the next night, left overs that is, in the crock pot.

BBQ sandwiches

PLace left over ribs in one cup water into crock pot and cook on low for four hours.

Once meat starts to fall off of the bone, remove the bones and add more bbq sauce of you liking

Continue to cook on low until just before you are ready to serve,

Toast hamburger rolls in the over butter side down till brown

serve with or without slaw on top.

This recipe can also be made with left over pork roast.

We do our baby back ribs in the crockpot too, except we put them on the grill first for about 15 mins a side (we use butt rub for the seasoning)...then we put about an inch of beer in the bottom of the crock and cook on low all day. Coat with sauce (we like famous daves devils spit sauce) and put back in crock for about a half hour.....yummy, best ribs ever!
Now THAT sounds incredible! How do you wait through the slow cooking?

I've not read this whole thread yet. But just wanted to say, Liz, you are going to enjoy the freedom of cooking on your crock pot! One thing I don't do tho, just my personal choice is leave it on while I'm not home. But I know others who do and by the time they get home from work dinner is ready.

Latest posts

Back