Slow Cooker Recipes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt - that sounds wonderful! I also love Thai and Indian food and scary as it sounds, I actually do have all the spice ingredients you have listed above! I'm sold and can't wait to try it!

Liz N.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_smile.png
. Let me know what you think. I make it about once a month.

We're going to be bad for dinner tonight. It will involve our two smaller crock pots.

BBQ Chicken Legs:

• Just rub them w/ a little garlic powder
  • put them in the crock pot (I take the skin off before putting them in the pot) on low
  • Cook for about 6-8 hours (varies depending on how many in the pot)
  • About 1.5 hours before they're done, drain any fat out and coat legs in your choice of BBQ sauce

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese:

• 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • Onion powder (optional)

1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray
  2. Beat eggs and then mix in evaporated and fresh milk
  3. Mix in the uncooked macaroni
  4. Mix in 3 of the cups of cheese
  5. Pour into crock pot
  6. Top with remaining cheese
  7. Cook on low for 5-6 hours

I wish it was already time for dinner LOL!!!

So Matt - I have a question! You add the spinach at the end, so it's not cooked. Does it become wilted from the heat of the ingredients or does it stay uncooked? Just curious!

Liz N.

Yep, just put it in when it's done cooking. Stir it around. It cooks in that heat. I've also just put raw spinach over rice and piled it on top that. Yummers either way
default_smile.png

Bought all the ingredients for Sonya crock pot broccoli cheese soup today. Also going to make Jills crock pot macaroni and cheese. (not on the same day) Boy I'm going to eat good. I also have some chicken legs so maybe will make bbq chicken legs (Jills crockpot method) I live alone so should last a while. I don't like cooking for just one anymore. It is not fun like it used to be when I cooked for husband and 2 boys.. Thanks for the yummy sounding recipes.

They all sound wonderful and I can't wait to try them!
default_yes.gif

Liz N.

The soup is awesome Bassett...I am going to do Jill's mac n cheese recipe here soon....it's the only recipe I've seen where you don't have to cook the macaroni before putting it in the crock.

I don't usually go for cheesy or cream soups, but I'm going to try the cheesy broccoli soup soon. [need to get the ingredients first.]

Sonya, when I do the mac & cheese, I use one of the smaller crock pots, not a big oval one. If you do it in a large crock pot, I would just keep an eye on the time. With more heated surface area, it might cook faster. It's easy and it's good
default_eat.gif

Yep, just put it in when it's done cooking. Stir it around. It cooks in that heat. I've also just put raw spinach over rice and piled it on top that. Yummers either way
default_smile.png
This sounds yummy. I am putting it on my "to make list" but I will use only a little curry powder since I am not a big fan of it. Otherwise, just reading about it makes my mouth water!

Here is an easy one:

1-2 lbs boneless chicken breast(amount depends on how many and how hungry...lol)

Cover chicken breast with pineapple juice-1-2 cups

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 lite soy sauce

cook on low 6-8 hours

Serve over rice-I like to add a bag or two of Birdseye Steamfresh Asian Medley veggies.

Here is an easy one:

1-2 lbs boneless chicken breast(amount depends on how many and how hungry...lol)

Cover chicken breast with pineapple juice-1-2 cups

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 lite soy sauce

cook on low 6-8 hours

Serve over rice-I like to add a bag or two of Birdseye Steamfresh Asian Medley veggies.
That sounds wonderful, but unfortunately, I don't think my hubby would eat it, he's too meat and potatoes. But, I'm saving that recipe for me.

I made Sonya's broccoli cheese soup. Hey, if you like broccoli cheese soup, this is absolutely the one. It is simple, delicious and so easy to make. I only made one change to it: I took a tweezer and picked out the calories. LOL Thanks so muchn Sonya for sharing.
default_wub.png

Glad you liked it...it is super fattening! But it's healthy...broccoli is a veggie! Lol

Matt, I love Asian cuisine, but I'm allergic to one of the curry spices (not entirely sure which, but curry causes steam to come out of my ears, lol).

Any more vegetable-centric, low-fat slow cooker recipes? I'll be using a month's worth of fat exchanges when I eat that slow cooker breakfast...

Black beans a la gringa

1 cup black beans, rinsed and cleaned

6 cups water

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Simmer on high 5-6 hours then add:

More water if needed

1small tomato finely chopped

1/2 small onion finely chopped

1/8 cup red wine vinegar

Taste and add salt if needed

Continue to simmer on high until beans are done to desired tenderness, then serve with a bit of chopped cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon dollop of sour cream.

Que bueno para cena hoy!! Delicious, and it's for dinner tonight! Can't wait to try the mac & cheese and the curry chicken, then the others!!

yum yum...I can't get enough fresh cilantro. It is my secret ingredient in my chicken salad. Yikes! It is not a secret anymore. Here's another secret about cilantro...wet it before you chop it for recipes. The dampness makes the flavor pop! My hubby says I make the best chicken salad on the planet.
default_eat.gif

Latest posts

Back