sleighs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuziB

Reaction score
I'm appealing to those who should KNOW! Is there ANY source out there where I can purchase plans to build a miniature-horse sleigh?

A young friend is wanting to make one for me as her class project at school. I am sure she would earn an "A" IF we can come up with plans to go by.

Please advise as soon as possible. She needs the plans NOW!

Thank you all for ANY help.

SuziB

If you do a google search you could probably find some that could be used or adapted to what you want.

If you do a google search you could probably find some that could be used or adapted to what you want.
Thanks, CyndiM. I have come to the conclusion that some enterprising soul is missing the boat here. Should he/she offer reasonably-priced, GOOD working plans for sleighs, buckboards, etc. (complete right down to the specs and materials lists) for minis, ponies, standard-sized driving horses and even draft horses, he/she could make a FORTUNE! Just making plans available for both A and B-sized minis would bring in a good income!

I am sure there are a lot of us out here who have more building expertise than available cash with which to purchase these vehicles, and we would willingly pay well for decent plans.

SuziB

Thanks, CyndiM. I have come to the conclusion that some enterprising soul is missing the boat here. Should he/she offer reasonably-priced, GOOD working plans for sleighs, buckboards, etc. (complete right down to the specs and materials lists) for minis, ponies, standard-sized driving horses and even draft horses, he/she could make a FORTUNE! Just making plans available for both A and B-sized minis would bring in a good income!

I am sure there are a lot of us out here who have more building expertise than available cash with which to purchase these vehicles, and we would willingly pay well for decent plans.

SuziB
Can anyone tell me what SIZE such a sleigh should be? Height, width, length, ground clearance?

Anyone already owning a mini-horse sleigh--would you mind MEASURING yours and then adding those measurements on here?

SuziB

I was searching for plans for various mini-sized vehicles, and realized quite quickly that there was a complete dearth of information on that subject around.

I know there is a fellow in our area that rebuilds big wagons for light and heavy teams -- gets all kinds of old wagons, buckboards, etc., and rehabs them -- but nothing for the mini!

If someone locates plans, can they share the link?!

I was searching for plans for various mini-sized vehicles, and realized quite quickly that there was a complete dearth of information on that subject around.
I know there is a fellow in our area that rebuilds big wagons for light and heavy teams -- gets all kinds of old wagons, buckboards, etc., and rehabs them -- but nothing for the mini!

If someone locates plans, can they share the link?!
If I EVER find any plans, I will be more than glad to share the link! In the meantime, I do wish someone would share the previously requested measurements for A-sized mini vehicles, especially sleighs. To anyone willing to take the time to measure and post here, thank you in advance with extreme gratitude.

SuziB

I don't have plans to build one, but you can always purchase a sleigh and then copy it... Here's the one we have. Good luck!

sleigh-351x243.jpg

I don't have plans to build one, but you can always purchase a sleigh and then copy it... Here's the one we have. Good luck!
sleigh-351x243.jpg
That sleigh is a beauty! Is it made for minis? It is just gorgeous!

If it is a miniature-horse sleigh, would you mind terribly taking the relevant measurements and posting them on here for me and anyone else trying to construct their own? Thanks.

SuziB

Oh that sleigh is pretty. We picked up one at an auction a few years. It is basic and simple but thought i would share a picture with you anyway. If you could find or buy the runners and you were handy with tools you could build the seat part.

santa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that sleigh is pretty. We picked up one at an auction a few years. It is basic and simple but thought i would share a picture with you anyway. If you could find or buy the runners and you were handy with tools you could build the seat part.
santa.jpg
What a nifty little sleigh! You are right! We could certainly build a simple sleigh box! So, anyone have any sleigh runners for sale out there? Sleigh runners for a sleigh to fit a 32" mini?

SuziB

I had a link to a Co that builds them and sells parts, But CAN I FIND IT NOW! I did find this Co that sells them. the over all demintions are listed on there site, with a price that looks suspiciously low. they look very nice but at under $500 what kind of quality can they be . sugarloaf mountian sleighs. they are in Sugarloaf PA. they have a website. good luck. DR. They also sell them at Justin Carriage Works. good pics on there site[ with mesurements] and the price is more in line with a quality sleigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a link to a Co that builds them and sells parts, But CAN I FIND IT NOW! I did find this Co that sells them. the over all demintions are listed on there site, with a price that looks suspiciously low. they look very nice but at under $500 what kind of quality can they be . sugarloaf mountian sleighs. they are in Sugarloaf PA. they have a website. good luck. DR. They also sell them at Justin Carriage Works. good pics on there site[ with mesurements] and the price is more in line with a quality sleigh.
Thank you. I already have both websites bookmarked, but I didn't realize that they sold runners, only.

SuziB

Latest posts

Back