Sleep-talking

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Last night Keith dozed off while we were watching the 11 o'clock news. After a bit, he said very clearly, and with a seriousness that made me think he was awake:

"Lays really does make the best potato chip."

Not all that strange for some, except that we almost never eat chips, and if we do, it would never be Lays.

A bit puzzled, I turned and asked "What was that?"

He answered "Lays does the best Bush impression."

hmmm...I'm still trying to figure out where that came from!

My family has always been known for "creative" sleep talking. Back when we were teenagers, my brother Bill was reading late at night when he heard our brother Larry say:

"Save him! Save him! ...oh, forget it."

We've all puzzled for years about what he was dreaming.

So...heard any great sleep talk lately?

That’s cute. Sounds like your husband is a closet Lays Potato Chip Fan.

Mostly, my wife just kicks me all night long. However, she does occasionally mutter something like, “Oh Eduardo” or “Eduardo, you are too good to me.” She swears that there is no Eduardo and that I’m dreaming this up on my own.

So, I named one of her horses Eduardo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10pt]My friend once had a converstation with her sister while here sister was sleeping.[/SIZE]

"Hey Alli, what is your favorite animal?"

"A fox"

"Why?"

"Because it's red"

Yep...I was there...I had to bite my tongue from laughing and waking her sister up.

Not quite as funny as what you posted though!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm the sleep talker in our marriage. When we first got married, it was bad. Hubby thought it was funny to keep talking to me until I woke up. I'd get so mad becuase when I did wake up I was still talking about something. I do remember one time talking about a guy in the corner of our bedroom. No one there, but he sure was in my dream. Hubby thought it was funny to ask me if I wanted him to shoot him (he's a cop). I told him no and started arguing with him. That was about when I woke up. He busted up laughing!
default_biggrin.png

My partner talks a lot in her sleep. I've heard everything from "I'm going to kill you" to "save the fishes"..

I love telling her about in the next morning and how I awoke only to ask more questions and to make her say more things.
default_laugh.png

She is also a sleep walker.

Once.. she was standing up on our bed and she was petting me and then snuggled into me. I went back to sleep.. She told me the next morning I was a palomino horse and the horse (and her) was trapped in an underground barn.. she sought comfort in petting the 'horse' because she knew if someone came to rescue the horse then she would be rescued too.
default_rolleyes.gif
:DOH!

Well my two favourites that I have been told about that I have said are...

The first I had a giant smile on my face and said "Mmmmmm bread". haha.

The second I was talking about bugs bunny and how I was going to get him! I then said (while lightly punching the wall) "Take that mother f*******"". My friend said "WHAT?!" and I responded with "YEAH" hahahaha. I'm not normally one who swears or gets angry like that!

Generally speaking I will have conversations with people in the mornings or when I'm going to bed but I won't remember them at all. I am just still asleep, it's really quite funny.

Mike, you're killing me! Eduardo...

...and everyone wonders why I named our gelding "Mingus!"

I myself tend to be "creative" at the crossroads of sleep and wakefulness.

One of my best was when I was in college, cramming for finals. I had been up all night studying, and after my test I took a nap.

All of a sudden I was standing up, hitting the buttons on the phone...in between hits, I heard a friend say "Ow! You're hurting my ears!"

I must have heard the phone ring and thought it was the alarm, and I was trying to turn it off!

I only talk in my sleep when I take Benadryl. And then, it's screaming, not talking. Only happened twice that we know of

1st time: I screamed:"Justin knock it off! Ashley, hes burning down the house!" in reference to one time when I was babysitting 5 kids and one threatened me with a knife before striking a match and nearly burning the house down
default_unsure.png

2nd: "MOM, HUNTERS THREATNING ME!" In ref. to my sister threatning to push me down a flight of stairs

Oh my gosh, these are hysterical......... lucky for me I am not the one that talks in my sleep....but then

maybe I am not so lucky.

My husband talks, walks, etc...in his sleep. He is a Sgt with the local Sheriff Dept and I have been "arrested",

yes you read that correctly, "arrested" in my sleep......while he is sleeping. He pulled my arm back around my back & was going to arrest me.....oh man, talk about something that will wake you from a deep sleep. I was less than pleased. He also speaks another language in his sleep when he is really, really tired.....he doesn't "know" any other languages, atleast that he is willing to admit to, I told him it sounds like Chinese or something....very odd.

He has tried to get up & get dressed saying, I have to go....uhm, no, you are sleeping....and he has repeatedly woke me up telling me "someone" is there....don't you see them?

Again, these episodes are all after he has worked tremendously long hours, or he is just plain exhausted, but I have to say the arrest was by far the most odd.

Valerie

My husband talks in his sleep all the time. The other night I was in the living room on the computer and he was in the bedroom talking up a storm. All of a sudden he came running down the hall yelling I'll get you, you SOB and right out the backdoor on to the deck in his underwear. I jumped up and said what are you doing?

He said someone just run through the house.

These are hilarious! I have a couple...

My dad fell asleep in his lazyboy after dinner, we were all sitting around watching t.v. then all of a sudden he says"Kim, how many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that!" No one was doing anything at the time..we all looked at each other and started cracking up!

Not long after my husband and I started living together he started to talk in his sleep. He used to supervise a fleet of garbage trucks and the mode of communication was a two way radio so he would sleep with one arm in the air from the elbow up with his hand pretending to hold the mike. Then he would give instructions to the guys and his thumb would actually mive like he was depressing the button to talk....weird

Last one...one night in our first apartment (a bachelor) I was watching tv and he was asleep on the bed. He told me he wanted potatoes for supper. He couldn't understand why i had bought such a large bag of them and we wern't eating them. He was getting quite annoyed that we were wasting food. That he failed to see the point and he was getting sick and tired of wasting money on food that goes bad. Not sure what he was talking about since we only buy a few at a time to last the week.
default_biggrin.png
I was laughing and the more I laughed the more angry he got, which made made it funnier to me.

I'm not sure what this is but it was funny...

My friend called me to ask if I would go to her house to wake her teenaged daughter to let her know about a family emergency. So I got to the house and found her sleeping on the couch. I shook her and said, Ashley, you need to call your mom. She said, OK, but I could tell she wouldn't so I repeated it. That is when she began dialing the remote!
default_smile.png
I finally had to make her sit up, dial the phone, and listen to her call mom to know she would get the job done.

Oh, my goodness! These are just so funny! Great topic!

I have been told that I mumble in my sleep all the time, but my husband says he normally can't understand what I say. (Which may be a good thing!
default_wink.png
)

The only things he says he has understood me to say were "don't be afraid to wear your neighbors outfit" and "watch out, there is a light under your pillow". I have no idea what either of them meant either!
default_new_shocked.gif

Please, keep the stories coming, I just love reading these!

I'm the talker. I've actually woken myself up laughing hysterically! I've also woken myself up crying like a baby. When I was a kid I'd sometimes walk into my parents room and have full conversations with them while asleep
default_wacko.png

I only talk in my sleep when I take Benadryl. And then, it's screaming, not talking. Only happened twice that we know of

1st time: I screamed:"Justin knock it off! Ashley, hes burning down the house!" in reference to one time when I was babysitting 5 kids and one threatened me with a knife before striking a match and nearly burning the house down
default_unsure.png

2nd: "MOM, HUNTERS THREATNING ME!" In ref. to my sister threatning to push me down a flight of stairs
What kind people you know
default_biggrin.png

My best friend and I used to sleep over at each other's house, often.

One morning, she said I sat upright in the bed and sang, "If you feel like givin' me, a lifetime of devotion...I second that emotion..." and so on. Ugh..that must have been horrible to hear!!!

And late in my first pregnancy, I was tossing and turning with heartburn. Martin was asleep and I guess I sort of disturbed him with my restlessness.

He said to me, "Quick, grab a basket!"

I asked him why.

"To catch the apples that are bouncing off the walls!!!"

I laughed.

He was dead asleep!

The next one was just last year.

He was asleep on our bed and I walked past him on my way around to my side of the bed. He reached out, smacked me on the rear and said, "take that!"

I looked at him, but his eyes were closed and his face was completely expressionless.

I said, "what!??"

He said, "Because I'm a big fat....uhhhhhhh...."

I said again, "what!??"

"I'm a big fat...uhhhhhh...."

He repeated that about four times, but I never got to know what kind of "big fat" he was!

He was completely asleep which freaks me out, because how did he manage to smack me as I walked by?

Very strange!

The little boys sometimes talk in their sleep, too. One night, Colton was whispering things that sounded like a latin chant under his breath. Could not understand what he said.

Eduardo!!! haha, that's funny.

Liz

What a great topic my Husband sleep talks one night I woke up to him sitting up in bed making lawn mower noises with his arms out like he was pushing the mower I asked him what he was doing and he was like " I gota get these lawns done mum is coming to stay and she wont be impressed with how long they are" I cracked up laughing and he said dont laugh its hard all the bunny rabbits keep jumping in my way I layed down and left him to his mowing and fell asleep again listenig to his mowing sounds it was so funny, Oh and his mum and dad were coming to stay and the lawns did need mowing and he mowed them for real the next day.
default_biggrin.png

My husband has woken me up several times in the past few years with: "Shut the f**k up!" And I'll say, "Um, excuse me?" Of course, he's totally zonked out asleep.

I am a talker in my sleep :DOH! I have said many of good ones, but the only one I can remember right now is, one time my son "woke" me up telling me he was itchy.. I do not remember a thing-- like always
default_rolleyes.gif
I told him to go get the Bronco fly spray and put it on..
default_wacko.png
I'll have to ask my son and hubby for some others, as I know there are alot of them. And they are good ones, as they were dying laughing at me..But the scarey thing is I do not remember a thing.. Oh, I just remembered another one, I feel asleep on the sofa, with my daughter.. A lazy day. My son said he asked if he could go to the boat marnia with his friend.(On bikes, less than 1/4 of a mile away) I told him just have my Bronco home before his dad got home.. He said he asked if he really could take it and I told him not to get caught driving under age.. Another, hubby woke me up to tell me he got called into work, I told him dam*% it, you can't go until you make me a begal.. But I know there are others that were more funnier..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back