Skylight's first Foal... pics now posted

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylight_minis

Reaction score
Ended up having to work late today. While i was at work Sugar decided to have her baby. Funny thing is i tested her last night and only showed 40% chance of foaling i guess your suppose to check mulitple times a day or something, never had any luck with predicta a foal kits anyhow. I was running late this morning so didnt get to check her. Worked out okay mom and baby are fine. Its a chestnut pinto filly. Name and pics to come. Is dark out cant get pics till daylight. She's about 11 days early but within okay foaling time. Everything went great both mom and baby are doing good.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Well i cant decide so taking a vote on the name Shalako "Shall-la-ko" is how is pronounced it means bringer of rain. Which she has a few small random spots that could be rain drops. She's curious, laid back, and friendly. The other name is Spice, because her mom is named Sugar.

newbaby061.jpg

newbaby044.jpg

newbaby048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one at day 331 days today that is testing at 40% also. I'm watching her closely as I had one last year foal at that reading. All I know is she has to foal eventually and it's the weekend so I can sleep during the day while my family babysits her. Nice.

Congratulations on your new arrival and I'm very glad that she delivered it fine on her own.

amanda

Congrats!!!! Oh, dont you hate those sneaky ones?!! Glad things went ok- I've had a couple show up that way too!

[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations....[/SIZE]

I pull all my bred mares into the barn prior to them reaching 300 day gestation and begin watching them daily along with checking them throughout the day/evening SEVERAL times. They can change that quickly....

Better to be safe than sorry....

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
on your new little girl!!! Glad everyone is doing great!!!!
default_biggrin.png
Can't wait to see picture's.

Checking once a day really isn't enough. I have plenty of mares that make huge changes in a matter of hours. I have also had a mare foal with only a three square on the milk strips. Obviously she didn't read the instructions.

Thanks for the congrats. Looking forward to the votes for which name. So far i have 2 for 2.

Love her markings! What a beautiful little girl!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back