Skyler's website is finially FINISHED!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LisaF.

First, I want to tell everyone the WONDERFUL news on Skyler. I posted this in the other thread, but thought for those that have not read it yet I would post it here also.

Skyler's MRI results came back today. The Tumor has not shrunk in size. The good news is the Core of the Tumor has dead cancer cells in it. I thank GOD for that!

Please keep Skyler and his family in your prayer's.

I have also finially completed Skyler's website. PLEASE take the time to read through it. Also, if anyone spots any broken links, or if anything needs to be changed ( grammer, spelling errors, etc.) PLEASE e-mail me. I will not take it as an insult...I will take it as helping me out. I am NOT a web designer so it is nothing fancy. It is more for Skyler and his family.

If you get a moment I have linked to Skyler's main website. You can read about Skyler's progress, leave him a message in his guest book, etc. So, right now Skyler has two websites..one I made and one his grandmother on his dad's side keeps up to date.

I put a map on the website I made for Skyler. I think you will be amazed at how many people are praying for this little boy. I know I was and I am so thankful!

My daughter and son in law are going to go to Memphis to see Skyler Sunday and Monday. I am going to print all the prayer's off from the forum and send them to the family with them. I hope it is ok with everyone. If not please e-mail me and let me know. I already have most of them printed off, but thanks to this wonderful forum I have more to print off.

Please let me know what you think of the website and if you think I need to make any changes. Marty already pointed out one thing to me. ( Where he goes to school) so I took that off. It is sad we live in such a sick world...but, we do.

I just went to Skyler's main website that has the updates and the guest book. It looks like they are working on it. Please don't give up...keep checking I am sure it will be back up soon. It is only showing his updates right now. I would love for all of you to see the pictures. I would also love it if some of you could take the time to post him a little message when the guest book and everything is back up.

Gosh...I can't write when I am awake, and I am really tired tonight I left off the web address.

http://www.skylersanders.homestead.com/

You can go through my website and I have a link to his main website.

Last edited:
LisaF,

I will check out the latest updates on Skyler's website soon, but from what I've seen so far it's a really nice site, you should be proud of your efforts.

I just wanted to let you know that we're still keeping Skyler in our thoughts and prayers here, and I'm really glad to hear the latest good news! Hoping for more of the same, soon!

Lots of hugs from Vermont.

Lori

Lisa, very nice website.
default_yes.gif

Still sending prayers for Skyler and family!

Beautiful website Lisa.

Keeping Skyler in my prayers.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the website. We tried to let people know about his illness, but also when Skyler looks at it ...it will be fun instead of sad. His mom or dad will read to him the parts they want Skyler to hear. I think he will be so excited with all the states.

Most of all thank everyone for keeping Skyler in your prayers!

Lisa

I am still praying for Skyler to be healed all the way. I think its great you made him

a web site, and will keep us posted on how he is doing. The news is good that the tumor

has dead cell's in it. Maybe its the first step in getting the rest of the tumor to do the same.

I will continue my prayers for him. God can do amazing things, and he can help little Skyler.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky

Continued prayers....I read a little bit, but this is a topic that hits so close to home....with my own daughter being a cancer survivor, I know what his mom and dad are going through. I will have to read more later, It was hard to see through my tears reading. Skyler is a tough little guy, and I pray that he responds to all the treatments. I thank god for the doctors, and all the medicines they have available today for our kids....they have come along way in treatments, and we are so lucky that people donate and let their children be tested on to make new treatments! We were in clinical trials, and I always feel that it is good to try what is offered, even if it doesn't help, it may go on to help someone in the future.
default_pray.gif
Thank you for keeping us updated.

Looks really nice! I love how you added all the personal touches and gifts from the lilbeginnings family.
default_wub.png

Vicky, yes God can do amazing things. I also feel like God hears all of our prayers. Like I said before standing in line in a grocery store sometimes I will just say a little silient prayer for Skyler, my family, or others on this forum. I don't think God cares where you are at. Of course, this is be belief..other's may feel different and that is ok.

RJR- Thank God your daughter is a cancer survivor. Please don't worry if you can't read the site. Skyler's website almost took me a month, because most of it was done through tear's running down my face. So, please if it is too hard don't worry about it. Just knowing you tried and God knows you tried that is what matters. I pray that God continues to look over your daughter.

I also , know about it hiting close to home. My dad lost one of his brother's at an early age I think 32 to Cancer and they were so close. The sad part for me is I still remember what my dad went through and still does. Also, my uncle and I had the exact same birthday. Even over the years and I am 43 now, my dad has always tried to make my birthday special. I also, know that he alway's thinks of his brother. So, my birthday has never been the best for me, no matter how hard my dad tries.

Keri, I am not good at wording things, but as you seen on my website. I just do not feel I could have made it through the last few weeks without everyone on this forum. I can't explain how much everyone has helped me. I appreciate it more than anyone could ever know.

As, most of you probably have figured out. Not, everything is posted on the website I made or Skyler's main website. It is just too sad! I will post an example below.

They take blood several times a day from Skyler at St. Jude's to help in the research for other's. This is such a giving family. They had an EXTREMELY hard decission to make. St. Louis Children't Hospital or St. Jude's. Neither one gave them alot of hope, but St. Jude's they felt like was Skyler's best chance and they also knew in the process they could help other cancer patience with the research.

My son-in-law's ( Matt) mother has even bought t-shirts, etc. for all the grandkids from St. Judes Hospital ( and maybe other people I am not sure) that all proceeds go towards the St. Jude's Hospital research. So, she is not only helping Skyler she is helping other cancer patients also.

Oh, I have to stop now ...I have wrote a book again..LOL. My husband of 26 years said he has never seen me cry so much. ( we kinda of joke I have turned into a cry baby).

Children have alway's been my soft spot so this has been extremely hard on me. Skyler is not my blood relative, but he has been a part of my family since he was a little over a year old so he feels like it. ( He does to my husband also ( my husband is very strong, but this has even hit him pretty hard)

Also, the outpouring of LOVE on this forum for a little boy noone has ever met AMAZES me everyday. So, not all tears are bad tears!

Ok..I am stopping now..LOL

Bonnie......I just got chills and tears .....THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of your day to post on Skyler's Guestbook.

My daughter and son-in-law will be leaving Sunday for a couple of days to see Skyler.

I just got off the phone from my daughter and she said when Skyler found out Amber was coming on Sunday he started crying asking her to come right now. It just broke her heart because Matt has to work tomorrow and she is busy trying to get ready for the trip. My grandbaby's will be staying with us and they have never spent a night away from their mommy and daddy. One is a year old, the other is 3, but, we just don't feel like they need to go at this time.

The whole family will be going down around mid to late July.

I thank God for the progress Skyler has made. He even has his feeding tube out...so wonderful what prayer's and God can do.

Lisa,

I've been so consumed with matters here at home that I haven't been able to spend much time online for a couple weeks now. I'm just now with opportunity to read a little more here on the forum, and saw your post of Skyler's new website you made for him. It's a beautiful tribute to his prayerful needs. God bless you in all you are trying to do for him. Holding you all in continued love and fervent prayers.

In His Hands,

Tanya

Oh, Tanya ..Please don't worry we all get busy sometimes.

Thank you so much for the compliments on Skyler's website.

But, most of all thank you for keeping him in your prayers.

Everytime I visit Skylers website, I am humbled, and reminded how precious the little children our in His eyes.

Prayers to Skyler and his family.

Thank Bonnie and everyone.

Matt and Amber are leaving for Memphis around 5:00 in the morning and coming home late Monday night.

The grandbabies are staying with us...oh lord..will my husband and I be busy..LOL.

Anyway, I printed off all the messages of thoughts and prayers from the Lil'Beginnings Forum and private e-mais, PM, etc. and sending the packet with them in the morning ( I know it will mean the world to the family to know how many people are praying for Skyler). I also am in the middle of packing a goodie basket to send.

Those grandbabies will keep me busy, so I may not be on the computer much the next couple of days. So, please keep Skyler and the family in your thoughts and prayers. Please pray that my son-in-law Matt and daughter Amber have a safe trip. Please pray for the little baby my daughter is carrying. Not, because she is my daughter, but she has a heart of Gold. When they went to St. Louis last time she spotted ( and sometimes more than that) for several days. The doctor told her to take it easy and it was probably just emotional stress. I am hoping she is ok this time, so again please keep her and the baby in your prayers.

Sorry to ask so much ...I am just a little emotional tonight.

I will try to peak in when I can, but if I dont' get too I will for sure be back on Tuesday. Hopefully with more good news.

I appreciate everyone SO MUCH!

Just a fast peak at the forum while hubby has the babies a minute.

Thanks so much Mona..it isn't fancy...but, at least Skyler can see fun things..and the family can read what they want to him. He is a precious little boy!

Latest posts

Back