Skylar's Horse Savannah Foaled this morning.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_488.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_drool5.gif
Skylar horse Savannah the horse Skylar won from the Essay from Lyn foaled this morning at 10:58am. Savannah had very small udder, we had been up all night with two other mares.

Savannah decide she would go first.

We are so excited about this FILLY!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

This filly is out of our buckskin stud Little Kings Hallmarks Buckshot(that we sold, we hate we sold him now)

The filly dam is Savannah a chestnut mare(savannah as a roan parent as well)

Here is She.

We haven't decide on a name yet.

Prefix is Paint By Numbers or PBN

What color do you think she is?We are thinking silver bay.

DSC06175.jpg
She how light she is in color. I know they have frosting, but she is very light.

DSC06263.jpg

DSC06237.jpg

DSC06193.jpg

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06226.jpg
Ashley

DSC06148.jpg
Skylar is beside herself

Skylar is in LOVE

filly sire
buckshotDSC_2706.jpg
I hate I sold him.

thanks

Here is a link of more photos of Savannah filly

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/MBh...ly08/?start=all

DSC06275.jpg

she is so sweet.

We were feeding the horses late this morning,because we were up all night. WOW Savannah decide to foal what a great day to foal.This filly is a doll. She miss my grandmother birthday by one day(grandmother b-day was april 18- my grandmother has pass away)

Very cute. I vote BAY for color.

[My bay stallion was so red when he was little, he was registered as red dun.]

I would say she is a bay. No silver.

What a cute filly. Skylar must be very proud of her. Congratulations!

Big Congratulations! So happy for Skylar!!! This is the prettiest baby Savanah has ever had! So glad all went well. She is bay, not silver.... there is no silver in Savanahs backround.

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
We were worring if the buckskin stud could have silver hidden.
default_laugh.png
we have had alot of bay foal none this light.We didn't have buckshot tested for silver or anything, who knows. We had our cremello pinto tested come to found out he was silver perlino pinto not cremello(I just decide to test for silver just to see, the perlino was no silver listed in background either, but someone had to have silver somewhere)

Skylar is over joy with excited
default_wub.png
.Savannah foaled at a great time, so skylar was there the whole time.
default_biggrin.png

Savannah is a great horse to own.

thanks again.

here is our bay colt born in march, see how dark he is to her

DSC05138-1.jpg
few hours old.
DSC06251-1.jpg
savannah filly has no black points like our first bay this year above.

this past week photo of the colt

DSC05865.jpg

Buckshot sire is Little kings Buckwheat( i think he is a white stallion)

here is buckshot pedigree

http://www.horsestudbook.com/WebPages/Pedi...OT&Levels=5

Little Kings Buckwheat is a perlino stallion, not a white stallion. I have a son and daughter of his; Little Kings Junior Jinx and Little Kings Heir to Glory. And hopefully next year I'll have a double bred grandget of Buckwheats.
default_yes.gif

Little Kings Buckwheat is a perlino stallion, not a white stallion. I have a son and daughter of his; Little Kings Junior Jinx and Little Kings Heir to Glory. And hopefully next year I'll have a double bred grandget of Buckwheats.
default_yes.gif
stud book online has him listed at white. what if he could be like our perlino pinto stud, who was tested that carries the silver gene.
default_wink.png
our silver perlino pinto studs sire is palomino pinto and dam is listed cremello,but we think she is perlino as well.

Regardless if the sire does or doesn't carry silver--and I doubt that he does, as he doesn't look like a silver buckskin--your new filly is bay with no silver, I'm positive of that.

Bay foals come in many different shades and yes, some of them do come with those "silvery" legs & muzzle. As your baby sheds you will surely see that her legs become black.

Buckwheat is 20 some years old. I'm sure that 20 some years ago the option to correctly register him as perlino wasn't there so they went with white.

And there are different shades to colors too. That's why we have people say dark/black bay, blood bay, red bay, etc, etc.

Very pretty filly. Congratulations. I agree that she is bay.

Here are a few bay we have had here at our farm.See why I think she might be Silver Bay our new filly. Are am I just hoping she is.
default_biggrin.png

our amha 2006 bay filly Raven who greyed out, she had a grey sire.

DSCN8059.jpg
raven

our 2007 AMHA bay pinto filly Star

she her dark points

DSC01202-1.jpg

our 2008 Bay colt

DSC05138-1.jpg
sniper

This year 2008 AMHA pending Filly by savannah, she has no dark black points, could someone tell to us why she don't if she is a bay.

DSC06251-1.jpg
need help naming her as well.

Sire is Little Kings hallmarks Buckshot

dam is savannah

You are just hoping, and I'm afraid that wishing won't make it so for you!
default_biggrin.png
As I said earlier, bays do come in many different shades, and some do have the very light colored legs like your new filly. That "silver" hair on her legs will shed out to show the black. Your filly does actually have black points--look at her mane and her ear tips.

Silver bays also come in many different shades/colors, but I've yet to see one that was colored like your filly.

we can hope she would be silver bay.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
how long would it take to know for sure she is just a bay and not silver bay.we sure was so excited when we were thinking she was silver bay.
default_yes.gif

here is our friends silver bay filly from this year,.

GetAttachment3-1.jpg

below is ours see how close in color they are.
default_biggrin.png

DSC06251-1.jpg

Congratulations! What a sweet little filly! We had a bay colt that was born as light as your little filly and he ended up a nice bay. I love your pictures with your daughter, sooooo sweet!
default_wub.png

Congratulations! What a sweet little filly! We had a bay colt that was born as light as your little filly and he ended up a nice bay. I love your pictures with your daughter, sooooo sweet!
default_wub.png
love to see photos.
default_wub.png

Here are some pictures of my bay stallion; DNA color tested Ee, AA and no cream (silver wasn't available at the time, but his points are black). [both his dam and sire are buckskin.]

This collage is a couple years old.

dakotacollage.jpg

And, here is a picture from last summer.

Dakota%20-%20June%205,%202007%20-%20pretty%20boy%20-%20webpic.jpg

Thanks everyone.

We are going to feed now. My mare Ruby the black mare is waxing up, she was due first.

So it looks like another sleeply night.

Pray all goes well with Ruby, she is bred to our friends Palomino stud who was four at worlds in 2006 in driving.

Latest posts

Back