skunk smell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
Any good ideas for helping to remove the smell of skunk from a dog?? My husband left the gate open and he has been out having fun!!

A bath in tomato juice... Had to bathe my dog in tomato juice three times in one month before she learned to stay away from skunks. She still liked rolling on dead animals, though.
default_wacko.png

Thanks...I found a perixoide mix online and tried that. He is white due to he is 1/2 dalmation so I was not sure what the tomato juice would do to him. He is not a happy camper tonight...has to go in his crate tonight downstairs. My husband feels bad because he is the one that left the pen open. Oh well, nothing we can do now other then deal with it.

Skunk off

Although it says it's been discontinued, my vet still carries it....could just be left over bottles though. I had to use it a couple months ago on my mix and it worked great. It is also good for when that pesky anal gland decides to let loose.

thanks, I will check with my vet to see if they have anything. Might go try the pet store too. Kids say he smells really bad today. I said leave him outside in his pen with lots of fresh water.

Latest posts

Back