Skin infection?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
Ok, about 6 weeks ago, I started getting these itchy pussy bumps, mainly on my face. They would erupt into deep red HOLES in my skin, that dont heal. The first ones I got 6 weeks ago are still with me. Now I have them on my arms and down one leg. They itch and ooze clear fluid. If a scab forms, its wet and pussy looking. Most nights they itch I guess in my sleep and I know I scratch them. They itch all of the time. One day I noticed 4 new blisters form. Some days I dont get new ones.

I have not changed soaps, detergents, I dont regularly use perfume, make up... Nothing has changed in my lifestyle at all. I have never had this kind of problem. The only difference I have noted is I sweat more, but it just could be from the severe heat. I did move to the coast 4 months ago, and was thinking maybe it has to do with the salt in the air? But this only came up 6 weeks ago. I know staph is BAD down here, I did get a small staph sore a couple months ago, but bleach and neo. cleared it up. I have seen staph and this isnt it. Not hives, I am a clean person, so no bugs big or small. I have also been itching on my scalp past few days. These sores are infected, I know this, by the redness, and neo., caladryl, benadryl dont help the sores or itch. I clean them in the AM with soap and water, keep neo. on them, keep them open to the air. I look like I have some FREAK disease, its embarrising to even go out in public. I shower at night. Sometimes my skin just feels strange, all of my body. Not crawling, just hyperaware of my skin. SOmetimes I just feel dirty, or greasy (gross) and even a shower or wipedown with wet rag wont help that feeling.

My immune system is fine. I am on Cumadin, but have been for 2 years. I have never had a healing problem before. The sores never bled, or bleed now.

I am going to the Dr as soon as they can get me in. But for now I am asking if anyone has any idea of what this could be?

HELP PLEASE I FEEL LIKE A LEPER!!!!!!!

Wow, that sounds horrible! I hope you can get some answers and get it cleared up. Have you tried putting your symptoms in on WebMD to see if anything comes up?

I have webmd'd, googled, tried wrong diagnosis.com, and what is scaring me is there are so many things that kind of look like what I have, how will a dr. know what it is? Scabies
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
default_sad.png
is a strong contender... YUCK DOUBLE YUCK!!!!!! Kill me now!!!!

It seems the odd thing is they wont HEAL!!!!! Just weep clear fluid, stay red around the edges, itch... And it seems I am in for a skin biopsy, or some such to confirm and rule out things....

Well, off to the dr I will go!!! If I even mention I might have staph, I will get in same day. They really do not mess around with that down here. And if I do have staph, well its worse than if I were a leper... NO ONE will come near me if they know. But the number if sores, about 25 in all, well it could be MSRA, the antibiotic resistant staph infection. Will keep you posted!

Please go directly to the doctor. It sounds like Staph to me.......I lost my 4 year old Niece in October, due to MRSA. If you had staph infection before, chances are it never really cleared up. please don't wait.........

Please go see a Dr., it could be MRSA and if so it could kill you and others you give it too. Not trying to scare you but it could be something very serious.

edited to add: I hadn't read your last post when I wrote this, glad you are going to the Dr.s, keep us posted, hopefully it's just something simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just taking a wild guess here...but since you say you've just moved to the coast...could you be coming in contact with a different type of plant that is around you that may be sporous, airborn or something to that effect? Just throwing some ideas out there. I agree with everyone that says go see your doc. At least if it's something simple or environmental you can rest at ease...if it's something more than that you can have it taken care of.

Saw your other post on the lupus antibody results. Are they SURE you dont have lupus e and not just anticoagulants? The antibodies dont usually cause skin problems. It is my understanding that just having the anticoagulants does not cause problems with the skin like this!

Latest posts

Back