Sketchers Shape Ups

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I just bought the Sketchers Shape Ups and am excited to see if they actually do what they are supposed to do....
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
This is my 1st day wearing them and they are so "springy"...and yes, very comfortable!

Anybody here have them and if so, what do you think so far?

I can't wait to see the replies to your question.

A lot of times when i'm shopping for an item i'll go online and google it looking for reviews, that has helped me in deciding if i'm going to buy it or not.

I have been wanting a pair of the ones that Nike (I think) makes. I heard about them first, then the Sketchers started popping up everywhere, but I like the look of the Nike's better. I too would be interested to hear what you think. When I went to buy them the store was sold out, and I haven't gotten around to it again.

ETA: I looked up the ones I want, they are the Reebok Easy Tone, not Nike. I just think they look more like normal shoes, I don't like the soles on the Sketchers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've wanted some too. I read that they are heavy and bulky is that true? Thats why I have put it off but I sure like the looks of them.

I have a pair and so far I love them! I can feel it when I have walked a long way. Whats funny is the pamphlet that comes with the shoes says to start out only wearing them 40 mins or so!! They come in many styles not just sneakers, even work shoes. I got a mary jane style in black.

I have a brand new pair and I LOVE THEM! Very comfortable and I feel as though they give a good work out.
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

I wore my new shoes all day at work and I can feel it! lol I was gonna go walking after work because it is sunny today, but I just couldnt do it....
default_rolleyes.gif
They are really comfortable, tho, so I think I will wear them for work most of the time.

default_biggrin.png

have been thinking of buying a pair...but after watching that one video have one question...

doo you have to wiggle like that when I wear them........????? when I walk to barn, taking horses from barn to pasture, cleaning stalls?

I bought a pair last year but with my fused rt foot and double knee replacements I wore them a few times and stopped. My knees tend to bend in odd directions because I got the newer knee that can rotate in all directions. The shoe does take some balance and I found my knees bending to the side and to far back. BUT you all have given me new incentive to get them back out of the closet and give it another go. I am a bit stronger now so I am going to take them to work and put them on a couple times a day and walk the corridors. Thanks folks.

I have 17 pairs of Z-Coil's, the shoe with the spring heel. If you've seen me at a show, you see me flying around like an Energizer bunny constantly. I can do miles on concrete and never think about it. I have been in Z-Coils for about 10 yrs now. Open heel, enclosed heels, tennis shoes, sandals, clogs, mary janes, hiking boots, work boots, dress shoes- about 4 styles, and now the cowboy boot. If you peak in Hunter, I wear my black tennis shoes. Even Mary and Bob Sansevere saw me in them and went and got some, they'll never go back. yes, if you go to a store and buy them they are VERY expensive. But go anyway, get fitted to the correct size, find out the way your heel needs to be placed. Then when you're done, shop on *Bay and Craig*list, they are all over the place, the 300-400 shoes are around 200 or way under. I have bought most of mine under $75.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a pair of MBT's a couple of years ago, much the same thing as the shape ups I think. They were great, I could sure feel the workout and the difference in my legs...but I began to have more pain in my knee and hip so I quit wearing them.

Jan

Latest posts

Back