Sixth foal for High Meadow Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Meadow Miniatures

Reaction score
HMM BTU GS Dun Deluxe

Foaled 4/23 at roughly 4 A.M and measuring approx 20".

It's yet another colt! The fifth colt in a row...Really need that filly fairy back folks
default_wink.png

But we are thrilled with him regardless, it was a textbook delivery, he is healthy and quite a surprise when it comes to his coloring.

The sire is our BTU son, Boones Buckeroo Too Grand Slam, a solid bay dun. The dam is a smokey grulla Wittmaaks Mickey Mouse grandaughter with only a tiny star for markings.

He looks to be buckskin dun, and carrying either Frame or Splash overo. He has a huge blaze, two high stockings, dark eyes (possibly dark blue), eyeliner and the blaze doesn't cover his eyes...He is certainly one of the neatest marked/colored foals born here
default_biggrin.png

Sorry for the bad photos...He is far nicer in person, and these were taken at just a few hours old to show his coloring. We could use some input on his coloring...Opinions appreciated.

Though you can't tell from the photos, he has a very nice head, long legs, strong hip and short back, I am really looking forward to seeing him unfolded.

Sorry for the long novel and photo overload...Here he is
default_wub.png

deluxe1.jpg

deluxe2.jpg

deluxe4.jpg

deluxe6.jpg

deluxe7.jpg

deluxe8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is stunning! I would be thrilled
aktion033.gif
Buckskin Dun. I would say frame especially since his eyes are darker blue but you won't know for sure until you test!

Congrats! What a cutie. Based on the pics, I'll say buckskin dun, but once outside in sunlight, he could be bay dun.

default_aktion033.gif
Very flashy. Love his coloration whatever it is. I tend to agree with buckskin dun. Love that white face.

I love seeing all the new foals but I have a thing for bald faces... Send him out to Az please! I say buckskin dun too.

Congratulations! He's a very lovely foal and his color is just icing on the Pretty Foal cake!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your adorable PINTO colt. Very neat color and pinto pattern, but you would need to test to see if it's frame or not (no test for splash). He has enough white on his face to be registered with the Pinto Association. Very cool!

Thank you everyone for your comments, and input on his color. I am hopeful that the weather will soon clear up so I can get him clipped and take some better photographs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back