Singletree help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smitherinez

Reaction score
We are fixing up an old cart that didn't come with a singletree. We aren't really sure the best way to go about attaching it or if we even have the right size singletree. Anyone have thoughts?

Attachments

• 02160828-C8C6-473D-A5DA-705FCDB5BBB9.jpeg
    02160828-C8C6-473D-A5DA-705FCDB5BBB9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I have an Aerocrown Bell crown cart. I would be happy to give you any measurement or pics from my cart if you need them. I think you will totally be able to fix your cart up and attach a singletree. Why not, the sky is the limit 😍
Thanks! Can you see how the single tree should attach on our cart from the picture? Could you share a picture of your single tree on your cart?

I don't know the brand. It came with our pony when we purchased him. I'm still confused about where the singletree goes. Does it go down inside the bended bar? Or does it perch on top of the bars?

In your picture there is a piece welded to the cart that looks to have a removable pin through a hole. That looks like the attachment point for a singletree to me, similar to the one on Kelly's Aerocrown. If it's just one piece of metal it won't work with the style of singletree you have, unless you replace the pin with a shackle.

In your picture there is a piece welded to the cart that looks to have a removable pin through a hole. That looks like the attachment point for a singletree to me, similar to the one on Kelly's Aerocrown. If it's just one piece of metal it won't work with the style of singletree you have, unless you replace the pin with a shackle.
Ok, thank you! That gives me some good clues. Yes that welded on piece has a removable pin through a hole. So if I put a shackle in and the single tree fits down inside the curved bar is that an acceptable placement?

It should as long as there is no interference(hitting parts). Unfortunately, the type of singletree you have there is just going to dangle until you hook up your traces and you won't know until your pony is in draft whether there will be any interference. You can hook up and pretend you're the pony to see if there is anything obvious, but you won't really know for sure until you actually do it with your pony.

The type of single tree in your photo is more of a "draft" type, but there's no reason it wouldn't work with your setup. The hitchpin that is existing, would also be sufficient to hold the single tree in place.

You can check for possible interference by attaching the single tree then tying a hay twine to each side for "traces". Have someone hold the end of the shaft to support the cart, then pull back and forth on the traces. It will show any places of concern. Just remember that usually, for normal pleasure driving, there isn't too much back and forth movement and the only side to side would be a little swing with the horse's movement.

I hope this makes sense

Latest posts

Back