Simonds Rasps- Farriers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barefoot

Reaction score
HI my farrier friends. My rasps went up in price again, Ugh

So I am looking at a place that has some Simonds with free shipping. They have the Heller Legend and the Black Master. Which do you like better? I am hoping that one of these will work for me.

Emma

Hi Emma,

I emailed my trimmer (farrier) and sent her your question...this is her email answer back...hope this helps. Siggie is my little stallion that they are doing the therapy on..
default_wub.png

Hey Judy,

In terms of the rasps, The Simonds Company that manufactures those rasps now has them made overseas. The quality is now terrible. I use a Sav-Edge Rasp and am happy with the quality. I have heard if you go to Jamie Jackson's website, he imports a rasp from Germany that is VERY high quality. Expensive though.

Yes, I'm hearing snow tonight!

We took Siggie to Nicole's Basketball game at school today. ( good excuse for me not to go in and watch!) He was a Super Star! We would mingle with the children, then take him on his scheduled walk-trot exercise program. Danielle commented on how good he looks! I'm very pleased with his progress. I hope you are.

I will bring him back Tuesday when I come to trim.

See you Tues!

Lauren

Nexus Center for the Horse

Greeneville, TN

Barefoot Rehabilitation - Barefoot Hoof Care - Nutritional Counseling - Natural Positive Horsemanship

[email protected]

www.nexuscenterforthehorse.net

Thank you so much. I would never have known until I ordered and tried. I just remember years ago one of my mentors raving about the Heller Legend. It's ashame they changed.

THank you for your doing that for me.
default_wub.png

Emma

The bellota I tried didnt agree with me, but I think I will try it again. I hate when you are used to something and have to go different. Thanks so much, Emma

With the shipping to Ohio Alvin's wasn't cheaper for me. But thank you. I will try another Bellota. The one I tried was Top Sharp?

Emma

The Heller Legend is in my farrier kit and also the Black and Decker mouse sander, which I seem to use more and more.

There are various grades of sanding paper for every hoof job.

Latest posts

Back