Silver Mist (Misty) - 4/25/84 - 7/29/05

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry! You have me crying now.. My prayers are with you and Misty's colt. She is running and playing on the otherside, disease free. You gave her a great life.
bye-sad.gif

Liz,

I am so very sorry! I know how much you loved Misty, and she knew it also. You were right that she waited to be with you and you did everything for her and let her pass gracefully in your loving arms.

((((Hugs))))

Oh Liz, I am so sorry and I know how it hurts so much now but time will help and you will always have the memories of your beloved mare. I am glad you have 2 of her babies as that will be daily reminder of what a special mare she was.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs to you}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so very sorry. You have written a wonderful tribute to her life and the love you shared. How wonderful that you were together in life as well as in her death. I pray you find peace in knowing how much you gave her. I admire you greatly.

I am so sorry, how hard it is to say goodbye, you have my sympathies.

Oh! Dear Liz, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Misty. Words cannot express my sympathy. I have always admired your dedication to your animals, Misty was no exception.... ((((hugs)))) Please accept my deepest heartfelt condolences.

Liz,

I am so VERY sorry that you lost your beautiful sweet girl, but she was SOO lucky to have you taking care of her for so long, especially these last years when she needed such good care. It Does sound like she waited for you!

I also love that song the Dance. It is my son's very favorite and one of my all time favorites too....... And it sure fits so many things about life.........like taking the chance to love SOOO much that it REALLY hurts when you lose the one you love.

Try to remember the good times, and enjoy her son and daughter that I am so glad you still have!

You have been a wonderful friend to me too. Thanks.

Love,

Susan O.

I am so sorry for your loss. Cushings is so hard to beat, but you sure gave it a good try. I'm glad you were there for her.

I am sooo sad for you, what beautiful pics in your post. I know better than to ready these posts at work, and here I am fighting back tears.

When my sister had to put her best little fuzzy friend Chopper to sleep, I gave her that exact song to listen to. Garth Brooks' "The Dance." It is so appropriate.

(((((HUGS!!!)))))

no.gif
Oh no, I am just in tears and covered in goosebumps reading this. I am sooooo very sorry for your loss. I know how special Misty was to you, and I too think she waited for you. (((((HUGS)))))

Sorry to hear. Maybe she is up there playing with my cousins gelding Illusion. We put him down this spring after a long year and a half battle with cushings as well. He was only 13.

She maybe shes up running with this boy, here is Illusion

illusionjump.jpg

Liz, my heart is breaking for you and for Cody! I'm so sorry, more than I can say. {{{HUGS}}}

I am so sorry for your loss and I pray that the words of this forum, which have done so much to comfort me, will in turn provide some comfort to you.

God Bless your Misty...hopefully she and Lati are running free together.

Thank you everyone, for your support and kind words. I cannot tell you how much it helps knowing that people are there who understand, who care, and know what it is like to lose an equine friend...

I saved some of Misty's mane and tail, and put it in a silver lace sachet bag. And, as a tribute to her, I recently registered my farm name with AMHA - Silver Mist Ranch.

Her daughter Gracie came down this afternoon, and is now here with me to live with her brother Cody. Cody actually did a double take when he first saw Gracie; she is a splitting image of Misty, and I think Cody thought his ma had returned...

He loves Gracie, is so intrigued by her. I'm keeping them separated for now, and they may be ready to be together by tomorrow.

Thank you again, everyone...my forum family...

Liz R.

Liz...thats wonderful news about Gracie.....I hope tomorrow goes smoothly for you and the "kids". That tugged at my heartstrings what you mentioned about when Cody did a double take to Gracie. Glad you got her home without a hitch. Take care and take it easy.
smile.gif

I'm soooo very sorry for your loss... She was a beautiful girl. Keep her memories and her children close and a part of her will always be with you...

Chris

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your soulmate..

Rest well Misty and dance with the ANgels.

Maxine

Latest posts

Back