Silver lovers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silver is my absolute favorite color! I can't wait to see my baby girls color this spring when I get to clip her. She is getting darker by the day. I LOVE silver!!!!!

I absolutely love silvers! Especially those with chrome. Here are a few of mine.

East Acres Stary Night. One of the most beautiful mares I have ever seen!

2-07StaryNight1.jpg

Stary Nights daughter, Redrock Neon Starlight. World Top 10 and producer of World Champions and Top 10's.

8-09Starlight6.jpg

Adventure IIs Belle Of The Ball. Registered as palomino
default_wacko.png
, but she is a silver bay.

2-07Belle.jpg

I added this cute, cute, little 29" silver pinto mare this past spring, Big Countrys GG Gal. Though covered with ink spots, she tested heterozygous for tobiano.

5-09GGgal.jpg

I'm with the others, Connie. Izon sure doesn't look silver to me. He looks black affected by a sabino gene to 'roan' out his coat. Sure doesn't look silver, but...... I'd test again.

Has Izon had any silver foals out of non-silver mares? I knew that my boy was silver even though he hardly looked it, but his having had two silver foals clinched it even without being tested. I would tend to trust the test results, and also pictures sometimes just don't show what you can see much more clearly in person.
default_smile.png

Oh, and yes my horses do carry Sabino, so it's possible that Sabino affects silver in some odd way.
default_smile.png

Nice horses you all.
default_smile.png

Here is my 2009 silver dapple filly Pink Rodeo Magic (muddy!)

She is constantly changing colors

Her Dam (the silver carrier) is bred back to my bay pinto stallion.

Oh, I am hoping for a Silver Bay!!!!

DSC_5065web.jpg

DSC_2550web.jpg

DSC_16381monthweb.jpg

Ok - I have been SO incredibly busy, but I did finally take the time to pull Izon's mane this morning and have sent it off for a second test to see if he is "truly" silver.........................will let you know when the test comes back......
default_smile.png
and even if it comes back not I still love him anyway LOL............ but then I will have the dilemma of one test says yes and one test says no.............hmmmmm.....................well maybe it will just come back yes a second time and I won't have to think about it anymore.
default_biggrin.png

majour fan of silvers here!!
default_aktion033.gif
hehe here are two of mine, all i have uploaded at mo i own 10 all up
default_smile.png
(beautiful horses everyone!!!)

Miaedit.jpg

maxforwardtrot.jpg

Izon's test came back that he is NOT silver. I guess these tests can be inaccurate as his first test said positive. Oh well - no biggie. I love him very much and will take him as a black pinto and be VERY happy with that. He is LWO positive which I already knew!

I started a silver post without even owning any silver horses. LOL. I have enjoyed looking at all of your silvers though!
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

This test was done at Animal Genetics in Florida. I will have to dig through his paperwork to see where the first test was done as it was several years ago. I am not near my desk at this moment though.....................
default_smile.png

I HAVE A CREMELLO STALLION AND HE HAS BEEN LAB TESTED TO CARRY A SILVER GENE. HE PRODUCED A SILVER BUCKSKIN FILLY THIS YEAR. I DO NOT REALLY CARE FOR SILVER, BUT THIS FILLY WAS VERY NICE AND AFTER HAVING HIM TESTED I FOUND OUT HE CAN ONLY PRODUCE PALOMINO, BUCKSKIN, SILVER BUCKSKIN OR DOUBLE DILUTE FOALS(DEPENDING ON THE COLOR OF THE MARE). HE HAS NONE OF THE PINTO GENES THEY CURRENTLY HAVE TESTS FOR. HIS MOTHER HAS BEEN DESCRIBED AS A SPLASH OVERO. ALL OF HIS LAB RESULTS ARE LISTED ON MY WEBSITE IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THEM. LOTS OF INTERESTING COLOR INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN FIND OUT FROM TESTING...
default_biggrin.png

Izon's test came back that he is NOT silver. I guess these tests can be inaccurate as his first test said positive. Oh well - no biggie. I love him very much and will take him as a black pinto and be VERY happy with that. He is LWO positive which I already knew!I started a silver post without even owning any silver horses. LOL. I have enjoyed looking at all of your silvers though!
default_smile.png
default_wub.png
AHA!
default_wink.png
I suspected as much. Like I said before.....I have never seen a Silver with black mane and/or tail. Dark gray maybe....but never black. IZON is gorgeous.....whatever color/pattern he displays!
default_wub.png

Thanks for the nudge Dona for a second test - now I can advertise correctly.
default_wink.png
I also think that his two foals that you posted photos of are displaying "Sabino"....I see no Silver on them either. Sabino can cause lots of roaning & white hairs mixed into the manes & tails....giving them the illusion of possible being Silver sometimes.
default_wink.png

IZON is much prettier without the Silver gene, IMHO. His jet black mane & tail are very striking!
default_yes.gif

Back