Silver Buckskin or Silver??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla221444

Reaction score
Can someone look up my moms mare L&DS Sweet Creme Puff on AMHR. thanks

Also does anyone have pictures of their silver buckskins as foals , and then some of their silver foals maybe before and after clipping, when my guy was first born he looked silver buckskin but now that I have clipped him he is DARK, like dark chocolate/grey, with a tan mane and tail. I have pictures on my website of him before being clipped and he looked silver/light buckskin but to me he almost looks silver now but odd because of the tan mane and tail. What do you's all think? I dont have any pictures of him being clipped yet. website is http://quartershue.tripod.com
default_wacko.png

If you look on my website under foals the first filly I had born this year is a silver buckskin for positive as her sire is a perlino and dam is sorrel who carries the silver gene. She isnt clipped either and looks kinda ratty as she needs a haircut but maybe it will help...

After looking at your pics of him he really does look silver buckskin so I am sure that is what he is. The silver gene expresses itself in interesting ways on color especially those carrying the creme gene.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would call him silver buckskin as well. Would love to see him currently though. He may just be shedding off a darker shade of buckskin too.

Latest posts

Back