Silly me...why oh why didn't I do this before now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm convinced my silver bay and I did so well at Sunday's show is because I finally got her standing well in the ring. I finally pushed myself to really spend time focused on this part of training. And it paid off. I couldn't be more pleased with both us.

Today, I needed to put some fly spray on everyone. I'm using an ointment for their faces, especially around their eyes. I haltered each of them to do this. When I got to my silver bay, I decided to put her in a stand position and tell her to stay there. I keep forgetting that I should be taking *every* opportunity to work on things this way. Guess what? She stood perfectly after just a couple of adjustments. I'm even getting response to "put it down" (meaning her foot)!

Now to incorporate backing in every day activities!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great l believe in short spurts of training as long as it takes and having the horse really understand what your asking is key...after that most everything else falls into place without as much stress on both parties..

Latest posts

Back