signs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i've told you about the pennies from heaven i have found and my pile is up to 14 now. and i'm sure i've told you how the wind chimes at gary's grave sing to me even when there is not even the slightest breeze. but, i've had a couple more very obvious signs from gary recently.

monday will be 7 months since gary's death. when these "anniversaries" are looming, i get depressed. no two ways about it, i just get a real bad case of the blahs for a few days. yesterday, i had the blahs and figured a few m & m's would help me out so i ducked out of the office and walked a couple doors down to the little store. when i walked in the door, i was greeted by roy rogers and dale evans on the radio singing "happy trails to you". that is one of the songs i had selected for gary's services and he sung it to me often. i think he knows i am blue and that was his way of sending me a pick-me-up.

last week, i found some purple petunias (gary's favorite) growing in a clump out in the middle of the front yard where i have never EVER planted them...

GARYSpetunias.jpg

i just had to laugh because last summer gary asked me if i was gonna plant purple petunias. i remember telling him i was kind of tired of petunias and would probably plant something different and that's what i did. he wasn't so sure he liked that idea but as always, he told me to do whatever my heart desired. well, i have purple petunias this year and *I* did NOT plant them. hmmmm.....

and this morning, since i am not at work today and the rain stopped, i went outside to look at my flowers and see if anything needed any attention. imagine my surprise when i checked my window box and i find...

GARYSpetunias3.jpg

default_new_shocked.gif

this window box had petunias in it a couple of years ago, striped ones, not purple ones. but this year when i decided to plant rose moss seeds, i dumped all of the old dirt and started with fresh potting soil.

gary's at it again!!! he's bound and determined that this place will have purple petunias come heck or high water!
default_wink.png

Those are wonderful signs of love! I hope you are journaling them.
default_yes.gif

Oh Charlene that is AWESOME!!!!!! He must really love purple petunias!!!! Glad you didn't plant them, so that you got his little gift to you. That is pretty special.

Oh How neat!! I can picture him sitting out in your little swing,gazing into the little bunny gazing ball and just thinking...umm I think we need some petunias!!

Wow! I love reading and hearing stories like this!
default_biggrin.png

I had my kids come in and look at the flowers and explained how you had lost

Gary and he was sending you signs. You affirmed what I've been telling them.

Their "Bompa" died last Wednesday and my kids have been so upset, physically sick and

emotionally distraught. I told them that he might send them signs that he's okay and since

then we've been seeing birds everywhere. Charlene, thank you so much for sharing this it

brought us much needed comfort.

Debbie
default_wink.png

aww debbie, i'm so sorry for the loss of Bompa. absolutely, he will send signs, as you are already seeing. sometimes the signs will be oh so subtle and you might not even realize till later that it was, indeed, a sign. but then other times...my purple petunias and pennies from heaven and singing wind chimes in the still air...they will be so obvious and those are the ones that will make you smile, sometimes even laugh out loud.
default_smile.png

yes miniv, i do keep a journal. i jot down each time gary visits me and i often look through the pages and there are times when i will remember a sign from months ago. they are all special but there are some that are extra special because they are things only i would understand and those always make me smile.

LOL ribbie, you have gary pegged! when he thought we needed something, it wasn't long before we had whatever it was. some days, i find myself wondering what the heck will show up next! i wonder if gary ever thought i "needed" a great dane??
default_new_shocked.gif

i have to share this with you...gary's brother, the one he was closest to and lives just a few hundred yards down the lane from our house, was here today. before i had a chance to show him the petunias in the window box i found this morning, he told me he had found a little patch of purple petunias out in the middle of their garden. we had a good laugh and a little cry! i wonder how long it will be before gary's mom finds some in HER garden!

Oh my.......Gary's brother's petunias just ADDS to it.........Keep us posted on his mother's garden.
default_smile.png

BTW, we just planted that exact same color petunia yesterday. (Hi Gary!
default_saludando.gif
)

Oh, I LOVE that!!!
default_wub.png
All of those wonderful signs from Gary that he is still with you! I had a few signs from my Mom after she died, (we lost her last July) one was new hummingbirds at my feeder; I always had had just three (it's fairly new) and right after Mom's funeral, for one day only, there were FIVE. Mom loved hummingbirds, in fact we had an embroidered hummingbird backdrop in her casket. *sniff*

And the other day, my beloved Step Dad was here for a visit, and my Great Dane, Hayley, who loved Mom and used to pretend to bite Mom's feet as she was walking -- she was the ONLY person she ever did that to--- pretended to bite Pa's feet as he was walking one day, and then later, mine. Only that one day did she do this, and it was the day before the 11 month anniversary of Mom's death. I feel comfort in these little signs....

Here's to purple petunias!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Oh my.......Gary's brother's petunias just ADDS to it.........Keep us posted on his mother's garden.
default_smile.png

BTW, we just planted that exact same color petunia yesterday. (Hi Gary!
default_saludando.gif
)
are you sure YOU planted them???
default_new_shocked.gif
*wink wink*

magic, i'm so sorry for your loss. what a wonderful story!! i have a very similar one. my dad died 12 years ago. mom always tried to attract hummies to her yard but in the middle of minneapolis, it was futile. on the day of my dad's funeral, that morning, i found mom's hummie feeder in the basement, mixed some nectar and hung it just outside the kitchen window. it had not been hung for years. while we were waiting to leave for dad's funeral, i looked out and what do i see...a male hummie in all his glory! i screamed at my mom and almost fell off my chair. she ran into the kitchen and stood as still as a statue and watched that little bird as he hovered in front of the window. he was only there for seconds but we all knew exactly WHO it was.
default_wink.png

Charlene all those wonderful signs you keep finding are just proof that the people we love are really never gone. Love the petunia thing and can't wait to hear that Gary's mom found hers.

Charlene, If I told you and everyone some of the stuff that has gone on around here

I would be locked up and they'd take Jerry and Dan too.

Marty,

After the week I've had, I would really love to hear any of your signs Michael has sent.
default_please.gif

This is so awesome. I just lost my grandmother, and my girls lost their Great - Grandma, and now today was told my favorite uncle (and godfather) has lost his battle with Alzheimers. My mom sent me signs (once she came to me in a dream to get after me for not dressing my oldest warmly enough in the winter - I went shopping.
default_smile.png
) when she passed and I am waiting to hear from Grandma and Uncle Allan. So sweet of your Gary to stop in and say hi.

PS - My Sophie loves to tell everyone that Grandma has wings now and gets to play in the clouds. She thinks it is something everyone wants to hear.
default_smile.png

Pure love..gotta be..it transcends the beyond...you touched my heart greatly..to have such love..you are so very lucky.

Ahhh.....this is so heart-warming....... I have been missing my Mom a lot lately, not picking up any "signs" .....so hopefully something will happen......

That is so sweet how Gary lets you know he is there for you and I happen to love his choice of flower....I planted a bunch of those in my front flower bed this year....maybe we are on a cosmic link.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back