signs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Charlene that brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy Gary is still sending his love to you. He wants you to know he is with you always.

Charlene, If I told you and everyone some of the stuff that has gone on around here

I would be locked up and they'd take Jerry and Dan too.

Marty........Are you brave? Charlene sure is.......
default_smile.png
And you know I've had signs too...... Would love it if you shared -- even one.

Charlene.....Here's an example of what I brought home a couple of days ago. (Larry planted them.) Trust me, they were not my first choice, but for some reason that's what we have.

DSC_0520.jpg

valerie, i will happily share gary's cosmic links with my LB family.
default_wink.png

miniv...YAYYY for purple petunias!!! yours are lovely!
default_aktion033.gif

there was never any doubt in my mind that gary loved me passionately and still does. being "alone" and scared though, when i get signs from him that are so tangible, it just reaffirms it for me and makes me think i'll be ok.
default_smile.png

Charlene,

This is so touching to read. I'm so happy that Gary is finding a way to still let you know how much he loves you and petunias are my favorite summertime flower!
default_biggrin.png

we used to plant petunias absolutely everywhere. we had planters lined up on every retaining wall, every nook and cranny had petunias. i got tired of them especially after gary got sick and watering twice a day, every day, was up to me. i kept them going as long as i could but they eventually got to looking straggly. but now, they are MY favorite flowers, too, and i didn't even have to plant them!
default_aktion033.gif

Charlene, I love reading these!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Brings a tear to my eye everytime....
default_wub.png

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

Charlene, you are so lucky to have signs all around you from Gary. It will be 2 months tomorrow, that I have lost my brother. We have a unusual red bird, not even sure what kind of bird it is, that seems to hang out in a lilac tree, which is right next to our bedroom window, every morning at 5 am, the time Lance would always get up, it is out there singing, and very loud, it only appeared after Lance passed away. I keep telling my hubby its Lance just letting me know he is still around. After I am awake..the bird is out there for a short time and disappears till the following morning. I wish he would leave me some other signs as well. My daughter did have a "visit" one night from Lance also..about midnight, my 4 yr old grandson woke up screaming"dont tickel me" over and over (Lance always would ticke him) and the same night my 6 yr old grandson, woke up and called for my daughter..my SIL went into his bedroom instead and my grandson, kept pointing at the door asking "who is that man" .. The following morning my daughter called me and told me Lance came to visit the boys.My daughter said she asked Lance not to come at night anymore, it scares the boys, and he was welcome anytime during the day. He was close to both the boys, and never missed a day without going over to say hi to them. Corinne

Charlene, you are so lucky to have signs all around you from Gary. It will be 2 months tomorrow, that I have lost my brother. We have a unusual red bird, not even sure what kind of bird it is, that seems to hang out in a lilac tree, which is right next to our bedroom window, every morning at 5 am, the time Lance would always get up, it is out there singing, and very loud, it only appeared after Lance passed away. I keep telling my hubby its Lance just letting me know he is still around. After I am awake..the bird is out there for a short time and disappears till the following morning. I wish he would leave me some other signs as well. My daughter did have a "visit" one night from Lance also..about midnight, my 4 yr old grandson woke up screaming"dont tickel me" over and over (Lance always would ticke him) and the same night my 6 yr old grandson, woke up and called for my daughter..my SIL went into his bedroom instead and my grandson, kept pointing at the door asking "who is that man" .. The following morning my daughter called me and told me Lance came to visit the boys.My daughter said she asked Lance not to come at night anymore, it scares the boys, and he was welcome anytime during the day. He was close to both the boys, and never missed a day without going over to say hi to them. Corinne

That is all so wonderful! It's interesting how children can "see" so much more than we adults. It's too bad you can't reassure the boys that if it's Lance he's never going to hurt them.......only love them. At some point he won't come at all.....

Please check out the book "Hello From Heaven" when you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
corinne, now I'M the one with goosebumps! the red bird surely is lance singing you awake in the mornings. you will get more signs, sometimes when you least expect them. i had a few shortly after gary's death and i think that was because i needed them SO much. now, they are fewer and farther between but they come at times when i am either frustrated or especially sad, as i have been the past few days. i think gary, as well as all of our loved ones who have gone before us, reach a point when they are letting us sort of test our wings, see how far we can fly before we crash and burn. i am flying a little further each time i venture out but i will never stop talking to gary and i will forever look for signs from him.

miniv, i was talking just yesterday to a friend i met at a grief support website. she lost the love of her life just 2 weeks before gary died. her little 4 year old grandson "sees" pawpaw" a lot and laurie tells me she even finds the little guy talking to him. when she asks him who he is talking to, his answer is always "pawpaw. can't you see him nana?" oh, to have the eyes of a child!
default_wub.png

EDIT: marty sent me the book and i have been reading a little here and there over the months. it's wonderful!

What a totally AWESOME story and no Marty, nobody would haul you guys away. Have had my own experiences here after Dad died, but especially Mom!! And yep, one would probably have me locked up too, well actually a couple..... ok, maybe a few!! I should write mine down too.

I still share things with them too, knowing they appreciate a good joke, new foal or something amusing in the day- or even just the beauty of the purple flowers!!

Ok folks, has anyone started another thread to all share some cool stories of loved ones 'visiting'??

Magic, my Mom loved hummingbirds too. She fed birds every day, including the hummers- we so enjoyed watching them out the window. (I used to tease her about eating all the fat quail and doves for lunch). Both my parents loved animals, and Mom loved seeing the Minis and used to introduce my old stallion to everyone as her grandson, LOL

Ok, well, I am going to put myself in tears here thinking of them and missing them, but I know they will leave me something once in a while! <sigh>
default_wub.png

Thanks for sharing and the pics, it was wonderful to hear it.

Charlene, I just got done buying the book Pennies from Heaven off of ebay. If anyone else is looking int purchasing one..they had a few listed, and very reasonable. I am looking forward to reading it.

Miniv, My daughter did try to reassue the boys that Lance was only there to watch over them, and protect them. I know it is hard for young kids to understand. Lance was a very special "uncle" to the boys.

Charlene, the book is HELLO FROM HEAVEN...sorry, I must of been thinking about all your pennies from Gary.

found another purple petunia yesterday, way out in the back yard, growing right at the bottom of the door to a little rubbermaid shed...

GARYSpetuniasrubbermainshed.jpg

today is gary's mom's birthday. i got her one of those little bunny gazing ball holders and a pretty gazing ball, like the one i have in gary's park where his tree is planted. from gary, i dug up some of his petunias and potted them for her. this will be her first birthday since his death so i thought it would be nice to do something a little extra special...

GARYSpetuniasnanabday.jpg

default_aktion033.gif

meadow, i don't think i have heard of that book, i'll have to check it out!

Latest posts

Back