*sigh* One of the hardest parts of raising babies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Sold our little Phoenix today
default_sad.png
He's going to a fantastic home, gal is a college student but is working on building a western program at a hunter/jumper farm, she had had a mini before but with going to school was unable to keep him, so now that she's to a point where she can have a mini again and a place to keep him, she found our little guy and fell in love with him (who could blame her
default_wink.png
) Sucks to see him go after all we went through with his momma, and hard because he was the only foal we got from her before she passed
default_sad.png
But I know he'll be happy and spoiled at this farm with all the students and others who are there
default_yes.gif
Plus she promised to send lots of pictures and invited us to visit whenever we liked..

Here's some "goodbye" pics, sorry they're not the best color wise but as you can see it's VERY hot and dry here (the girl is my sister, Lexi was her mare so Phoenix is/was her baby)

Phoenix1.png

Phoenix3.png

Phoenix4.png

DSCF1139.png

Phoenix2.png

My new favorite:

DSCF1146.png

[SIZE=12pt]Oh Christina,[/SIZE]

Phoenix looks amazing!
default_wub.png

& you are a great horse mommy to share him with someone who will give him a loving home.
default_wink.png

It's great she'll keep you updated on him,
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=18pt]and!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]you can visit!.
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

Congratulations on selling him, he's a handsome boy.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Thanks Ashley! It's bittersweet, always hard to see the babies go, especially one like him where we got really attached to him after losing his momma, but she's got some big plans for him, so I'm super excited for them, he's a special little guy and can't wait to see what they do as a team in the future!
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on finding a good home for him!

One of the fringe benefits of "sharing" a horse is the friendships you make along the way...

Yesterday I got word about a filly that went from me to someone in Maine (a fellow forum member -- normajeanbaker) and that filly had a really good first show and made me feel so proud and happy. She and I actually traded horses and I just like my Maddie so much and Treasure is working out so well for her -- it just makes me feel so good inside.

Over the years, I've only sold 10 or so horses (of course this number will rise) but I've been able to keep tabs on them all and am so happy for the horses and the new owners. It is a good thing to have something to do with putting a source of joy into someone else's life.

I hope it will be the same for you and that you'll get updates about him that will do you proud and happy!

Congratulations!!!

happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Latest posts

Back