sick mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
My mare Bliss is not feeling well. Yesterday evening I noticed she had gas, diarrhea, and a decreased appetite. I gave her some probios and electrolytes. Today she seemed a bit better until this evening. So, I put in a call to the vet. She wants me to give her some asprin for pain and continue with electrolytes. She also suggested Pydialite and some pysillium syringed into her. I hope my little Bliss feels better soon, poor girl.
default_sad.png

Im so sorry!! did you take her temp to be sure theres no fever?? Sending good thoughts for her!

I did take her temp yesterday and it wasn't even 100. I need to go take it tonight still as the vet said to take it each day and let her know if it goes over 102. Bliss did not appreciate my care when it came to that!

I took her temperature and it is 99.6 so well within normal.
default_smile.png
She is eating a little better now. I think she expects a needle to be involved when I go to take her temperature and does not want to hold still. It is hard to stick and hold a thermometer in a moving target!

By the way that is her nose in my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on her attitude AND her appetite..............

Her appetite was better this morning but she still doesn't seem quite herself. Also, when I gave them all an almond hull (one of their favorite treats) she didn't eat hers. So, there is still something going on. I noticed yesterday a noise when she was chewing so I'm wondering if she has a tooth issue going on. I don't know how that would cause gas and diarrhea though. I did mention the chewing noise to my vet.

Well, in the early afternoon she was almost herself but now she is back to being depressed.
default_sad.png
I have a call in to the vet and am waiting for her to call back so I can give her the update. Also, Bliss now has some hives scattered around mostly on her barrel. Poor baby.

Thanks for asking. She seems pretty much herself today.
default_aktion033.gif
I haven't given her a thing either since she seems so well. I'm definitely hugely relieved. It's so scary when they are sick because you never know when it might be really bad. Praise the Lord, it looks like this time she will be fine!

It might be time for a sand treatment. They can start to get uncomfortable when they get sand.

I'm glad she's feeling better now. I hope she stays ok. It's a big worry when one of your lovies is sick.

Latest posts

Back