Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke S.

Reaction score
So I have had this little mare for almost 2 months now, and she has always had clear, runny eyes the whole time. Wiped them away, they just come back. I didn't think much of it, since it was in both eyes, and her eyes looked clear and otherwise healthy. But this morning when I went out to feed her one of her nostrils had thick, white mucus in it. The other one was just kind of runny with a clear liquid. Here are some pictures of her from about 30 minutes ago:

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

Do you think she might be getting sick? She has a normal appetite, is acting normal, playful, energetic and happy. She is totally normal except for her nose. Did she just get something in it maybe?

Thanks guys!

If it's been chronic, I'd have a vet out. Could be allergies or something.

If it's clear, it's nothing to worry about. However, I'd keep an eye on the white stuff. I agree with disneyhorse.

The mucus cleared away by the evening, but this morning it came back in the other nostril! It's gone now, but I'm guessing she just got dust in it or something. I was cleaning out all the stalls, so maybe that is what it is.

Latest posts

Back