Showmenship 12 and under

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
We are headed to a show this weekend comming up and we have a showmenship question that has just come up tonight. We were talking today to someone about showmenship they said that when the showmenship classes are combinded as 12 and under they can use what ever paterns the judges want! Well in the past when we have showed the 7 and under kids they have only used the one patteren and if it was combined as 12 and under they still only could use the easy pattern. I have checked the rule book and it does not say anything about the patterns and ages which in the past it did! I hope i am not confusing anyone but this is a concern since we have a 4 and 6 year old showing in there second show and they have only learned that one pattern.

Thanks

RNR

Is this amha or amhr?? In amhr the pattern is posted a few hrs before the class. I have found though when they combine ages its usually pattern 1 or 2

I am not for sure but I would say that it will be pattern #1 being that there will be such young kids in the class. When I was showing Showmanship I never showed 7 an under but I am thinking that if it was combined then we did # 1.

Don't trust this I might not be right.

I would call the show people and ask???

Hmmm....that's dissappointing! I would never think them to combine a class with that huge of an age difference. I don't think its fair to a 5 year old to compete against a 12 year old. More years, more experience. Guess you should hope for an exceptional horse and your child to remember everything! Good luck!
default_wink.png

Thanks everyone!!

When we use to show with kids the rule book said if the age groups were combined that they would use thepattern #1 now the rule book dose not metion it at all!

I took one year off from showing and they changed it on me!

Thanks again

RNR

Latest posts

Back