Showing weanlings at Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty

Reaction score
OK our first year showing weanlings at Nationals
default_rolleyes.gif

Those of you that show weanlings, where did you get your show halters and what works best??? Can you show pictures. None of our foals are long headed so don't need a wider band.

We are showing 3 of the little angels
default_wacko.png
-cremello, silver dapple and buckskin. Would like to get 2 halters. And actually I need a pretty one as we are showing a yearling that probably could fit into one also her head is so tiny and dainty.

Or if you know of anyone selling theirs please PM me. Thanks in advance.
default_aktion033.gif

There will likely be several vendors at Nationals selling halters, as usual, so I would recommend that you plan on buying halters there. You can try them on your foals and see how they fit and look.
default_yes.gif

Actually I will be showing them before Nationals for the experience so I need to find some in the next couple of weeks.
default_biggrin.png

Star Lake has halters in baby and weanling sizes. I'm sure Cathy can give you the exact measurements so that you can be sure they fit.

Look under designer series show halters.

Oh Goody...something I can comment on. Ha!

I bought mine from Double Diamond the small one for my girls with the gold and silver band with stone. One is sorrel and one is black and it looked good on both.

One problem is the chain that came with it was way to bulky for my girls head so I bought a smaller chain to add. The keeper that came with the larger chain I used on the smaller. Ignorance on my part for it slid around and I had to watch that the chain didn't flip over their noses.

The other thing I learned is it's not good to have a patent lead. My hands were slipping all over the place from the baby gel. My husband ran over to a vender, between classes and bought a regular leather one. Much nicer.

Hope I've helped in some way.

Sorry here ya go:

www.starlakefarm.com

www.doublediamond.org

I recommend the halters from Star Lake - I've been really happy with all the halters I have bought from Cathy, regardless what size.

Barbie

Check www.supremeequinedesign.com as well, she has some beautiful halters.

Jan

I would point out that the designer halters sold by Star Lake are the same designer halters as sold by Supreme Equine Design. Chimacum tack (www.horsedriver.com) also sells the same halters. All are Showtime (Jerwen) halters, and they are lovely. A little while back Chimacum had show halters on sale ($100) so you might want to check there & find out if she has any foal sized ones in stock.

Latest posts

Back