Showing questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKG miniatures

Reaction score
2 quick questions:

1. If my sister shows one of my horses (AMHR) does she need to have an amateur card?

2. Am I right in thinking a buckskin would be considered a solid color class?

Thanks for your help.

Sue

If your sister is going to show your horse in ammy classes, then yes she needs an ammy card. AND if it were me, I would have the horse in both mine and my sisters name to CYA, as the ammy has to own the horse. I believe immediate family is allowed to show without being on the horses papers but I think that is restricted some how........

Color classes --- Solid is for a solid color horse, no pinto no appy characteristics. I'm sure someone will come on and say a solid horse can have 4 white legs...........

Solid is for a solid color horse, no pinto no appy characteristics.
I would add to Sheryl's comments that "characteristics" may not put a horse in Multi Color class. Those are sclera, mottling, and striped hooves. Any white spots on the body or above knees or hocks that are larger than a quarter would require that horse to show in multi color class. I believe that if the white on the face goes past the eye on the sides of the face, or over the bottom lip the horse would be considered multi colored.

Yes, a solid buckskin, although in large horses can be registered in a "color" breed like palomino, dominate gray, or pinto, would go in the "solid color" class.

How old is your sister? You've got to be 18 to have an Ammy card. Before then, you are a youth
default_yes.gif

No Ammy or Youth card is required to show a horse in Open (but there are limitations regarding youth showing stallions).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back