Showing geldings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallylou96

Reaction score
Hiya
Does anyone show mini geldings? I've seen so many lovely young colts recently but to come to our yard would have to be gelded...
I'm really hoping to get into the mini world in the next couple of years and have no intention on breeding just to have fun and show so wondering if a little gelding would be a good option 😊

Hiya
Does anyone show mini geldings? I've seen so many lovely young colts recently but to come to our yard would have to be gelded...
I'm really hoping to get into the mini world in the next couple of years and have no intention on breeding just to have fun and show so wondering if a little gelding would be a good option 😊
Geldings are THE Best!! I love my geldings!! I have way too many, lol. They are just too much fun and wonderful to train and work with!!
Here are some of mine.
PSX_20210919_162546.jpg
Screenshot 2021-11-19 10.07.29.png
Annotation 2021-11-13 133421.png
And I just got a new one who I am very excited about because geldings are very addictive as well!
Screenshot 2022-06-01 16.16.08.png

What wonderful minis. 😍 What are the names of your minis? Sorry if I missed if somewhere in the forum.
Thank you! I'm not sure if I've ever posted them so you probably didn't.
The bay is Rayvik Champ's Day Trooper, the dun is Alliance Boleros Tomas, the pinto is Silverleaf Little Rojo Amigo and I cannot remember what the dark bay's full name is. 😅

Except for breeding, geldings can be more versatile than mares or stallions, as you don't have hormones "interfering" with their training and work. Sure some can have issues; but in general geldings are more tractable.
If you have kids, then geldings are the way to go, as most shows don't allow youth to show stallions (sometimes weanlings/yearlings can be shown by kids, depending on the show).

Yes! They are a great option!

Absolutely love our geldings. Our oldest gelding passed away in the Fall, but the two show geldings and the mares taught our oldest granddaughters all about horses as well as, showmanship, sportsmanship, persistence, joy, humility, patience, and how to carry on when all you want to do is sit down and cry.

@Edelweiss your costumes are STUNNING!!!! And lovely littles! 😍 Thank you for sharing!
Thank you! I enjoy them!
@Edelweiss, love your boys! I thought the pinto looked familiar! I have bought two horses from them.
Thank you! Yes! They are wonderful! I wish I had gotten him from them. He is kind of a Black Beauty come full circle, in more ways that one. Suffice to say he had a rough life before I got him. One of my special projects. I love him though, he is really a sweetheart.

Latest posts

Back