Showing At Nationals And the World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which National Show, World Show do you attend?

• AMHR National Show

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMHA World Show

• Both AMHR Nationals and AMHA World

• Show AMHR local shows, do not attend Nationals

• Show AMHA local shows, do not attend The World Show

• Total voters

Frankie

Reaction score
Am curious as to how many forum members attend a National Show. AMHR numbers were much higher, horse numbers, than what is expected at AMHA World Show and would like to know which you attend. There are many members here and think this would give a somewhat good idea on direction.

We show both, they are both awesome registries with great people in both. I dont try to compare them.

People attend one or the other for many reasons. Was not asking any one to compare. This is a large group, and just curious as to who attends what.
biggrin.gif

Those going to the AMHA World show may be too busy getting ready (or on the road or on "layover" between shows away from home) so you may not get a reply from many of them at this time.

I show at AMHR Nationals, and have gone to the AMHA show for years as a spectator. There's great shopping at both.
biggrin.gif

We used to do both AMHA and AMHR Nationals, but haven't had enough time/energy or money to do both the last few years lol. Would love to go to Tulsa next year - I do a few local AMHR shows, but have put most of my energy into AMHA and going to World.

Jan

This was our 6th year competeing at AMHR Nationals, and will be our 1st year to attend AMHA World.

We show the AMHA world every year, and sometimes show AMHR as well. We did both last year. This year with the economy like it is, and the time between the shows just wrong for us to do both.

Don't forget you are comparing apples and oranges. To compare fairly, you have to take the 'b's' out of the count, as well as the classes that aren't the same. When I did that last year, I actually did a spread sheet of entries and the shows were just about even.

Yes, entries are a bit down, but by less than 100 horses.

I didn't vote as I haven't started showing yet.

But next year I "plan" to attend both AMHA and AMHR local shows, one of each, and hopefully qualify for both Nationals and Worlds with one horse for each.

At least that is my goal
rolleyes.gif

My statement as far as the number of horses at each, was just that, a statement. With those numbers, wondering how many were coming from this forum.

I was not comparing.

It just so happens that this year I only showed a B horse, so if I wanted to compare and be fair, I'd have to take all the A's out of the AMHA show, leaving just me!!!!
biggrin.gif

thanks to those answering the poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I show at local AMHR shows because that is all that there are around my area, other then fair shows. I have been to AMHA Worlds in 2004, and I have seen many pics and know of many horses who attented the R Nationals. IMO, I find that the better quality of horses lays at the AMHA Worlds {Putting on flame suit}. I have no problem admitting that and FYI I have only shown at AMHR shows.

-Kris

This year was my second year competing at AMHR Nationals, I show AMHR only because I have a B gelding (and hopefully another big boy in the near future
whistling.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
We did both A & R for years, but lately our clients have wanted to do A and PtHA so thats what we are doing the last few years.

I'd sure like to get back to R Nationals and see lots of old friends
smile.gif

I have to say, I really admire those who do both shows...........WoW! What a lot of work!

Charlotte

Our filly went to R Nationals, but we did not attend, because of conflicts with work. We do plan on going to A to watch and show. We are totally excited about our trip. This is our first year showing miniatures, but we showed big horses for years. We have had great fun at both R and A shows. Each club has so much to offer and the people are fantastic.

Looking forward to meeting many forum members in TX soon!!!

Pam

We show at AMHA National/World show every year. We have shown at AMHR Nationals only once.

Well I havent ever shown at and AMHA show, but do plan to next year if Boo measures in. I also have another yearling that is AMHA registured.

I show mainly AMHR, but I havent been to Nationals since 98'. I do plan on going next year even if its only to watch.

We have only shown AMHR so far, including AMHR Nationals. From what I see and I've been learning though, they are really very similar in quality but we happen to have many AMHR shows within a reasonable distance of us and only a few AMHA shows, so that plays a part, and also we have three B size horses that we show that of course can only do AMHR shows. I am also very comfortable with AMHR and the way things are done and just don't know much about the AMHA shows and way of doing things.

Our entire family shows our horses and it is difficult enough as it is to get away in September for ONE national show. My kids miss a week of school right at the beginning of the year, and my husband, who is a sports writer and radio personality really has to juggle (and do a lot of work long distance) because he isaway at Nationals right when the NFL season is starting up and MLB season is going into the final stretch of the baseball season, along with all the drama that continually pops up in the sporting world in the fall. There is NO WAY we could leave again and go to the World Show after already being gone for so long at the AMHR Nationals so we have to make a choice. We also go to the World Pinto Show in June and between that, the AMHR and PtHA shows in the summer and the AMHR Nationals in September we are plenty busy.

We currently have trainers that do a mixture of both AMHR and AMHA shows.

Thankfully where one has distance difficulties the other is willing to take over and show. We have our horses attend both Nationals and World. If our trainers can ever find the time and ability to fit pinto shows into the schedule our plan is to show at them and the June pinto show, as well.

Great idea for a poll.

Sincerely,

Va Lynda Ann

PS

Hi Amy! (clickmini)

Hey Sanny,

Did your husband write about his experiences at Nationals? Even if it's not typical sports page fare, I bet his readers would LOVE to hear about his adventures!

Latest posts

Back