Showing at AMHA and/or AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaming of Minis

Reaction score
I am new to Miniatures(some of you know that) and I don't know how much it is to show.
no.gif
I would like to know how much a stall costs, a class cost, and if there are any other payments you have to make. Much appreciated!
yes.gif

~Stephanie~

It really depends on the show you go to, some cost more than others. We like the AMHA/AMHR shows best because it keeps costs the same but we get the advantage of two shows. We have been to AMHA only shows that were so expensive and then we have been to some that were ok. Nothing is cheap. But along with stalls fees, entry fees, registry fees, lodging cost either motel or RV, shavings. It can add up. But go for it and try it out, you might find shows that are cost effective and all are fun to go to.

This is whats here AMHR show stalls 55 bucks, 35 per class 75 for all no youth fee option. This was at a very nice facility. 2 judges.

AMHA show one day no stall fee trailer tie 20 per class or 35 for unlimited. AMHA show 4 judges 40 all youth classes, 90 for all classes amt, youth, and open 40 for one class. Stalls for this show were 65 bucks but for entire week as you can do both back to back shows (which would be 8 judges) otherwise they are 50 for one show. I might be a tad off for any of these but this is pretty close.

Thanks you.
laugh.gif
I show at Pinto with my horse PJ (full sized horse) and classes are $25, stalls are $35, and if they have elctricty it is like $25, and some other expences. I think I will get a pinto so I can show it there. But the shows are like 2 hours or more away maybe that is not the case with AMHR or AMHA. But right now I have not been able to find that many show quality minis around here pinto or not.
no.gif

Thats exactly what I did. We have TONS of Pinto shows in Michigan. And the people are GREAT!

I have to get on the ball and get my little mare triple registered.

I need some good pictures first. Hopefully this weekend.

I went to TX and ILL to find mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
We showed at the World Pinto Show this year and had a wonderful time though it was very expensive there and you already know what the local pinto shows cost if you have been showing your big horse. Having shown both, the pinto shows are more expensive. Getting a mini pinto would be the way to go so you could show both at the same shows. Just take your time and find a good competitive mini. Don't hesitate to maybe post on the sale board and consider horses in other states. The minis we are showing with now are from UT, IL, MO and one was bought locally but had come from TX just a couple of years prior. Sellers will work with you on transport and may be willing to meet you halfway - we've done that before. We also were just getting into minis so made a point of finding seasoned show horses with lots of training and experience behind them. It made things easier for us as we figured it all out.

I love showing pinto - I really like the different driving classes they have and next year we plan to do more local (MN,IA) pinto shows because we also have pinto ponies (13H) that we want to get back in the show ring. This year we chose all AMHR shows (they always seemed to fall on the same weekends) and took usually 4-5 minis to each. Seems like the cost for that many was average about $500-$600 a show for entry fees, stalls, shavings. The check for our last show was $711 so it does vary - the shows that offer a set unlimited classes fee tend to be less expensive.

We have not shown AMHA but I get the impression that they are more expensive than AMHR, could be wrong but seems like that is what I've heard. We also have a lot more AMHR shows in our area too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amha show are more expensive when they are at more expensive locations. When we have been to shows held at the same place with the same number of judges, the shows have cost basically the same!

From what Sanny said it seems like you spend a little over $100 for each mini you show. I think we can handle that! Now you may not be able to answer this but what do you think is more competitive pinto or amhr?

aktion033.gif
Thank you to everyone for helping me!
aktion033.gif

Back