Showing Arabs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
Well i was supposed to go up and show my friend how to set her arab gelding up for Inhand work. I posted on here last week about tips/rules for showing inhand. I guess the show is the Morab nationals at the KY horse park but it has a bunch of classes for pure morgans and arabians. She and her friend were going to take turns showing him in two inhand classes. Well the friend didn't have much/any experience either ... anyhow the friend wasn't able to stay and do the class so she asked me to show him. she showed him in the first class and Me in the second. I worked with him here and there for a few minutes between all his under saddle classes (this being a horse that's never set up for inhand work before). Well i'm psyced.. little begger went in and won and got reserve champion (beating some big wig). Not to shabby for a horse that's never done it before or a handler that isn't the best at inhand work! lol i have to say those arabians are much easier to get a nice set up with than are the mini's and shetlands (think it' sjust because they are built more for it..lol).

OMgosh that is AWESOME!!! I LOVE , absolutely LOVE hearing about 'unknowns' that go and win. Gotta luv those underdogs!!!!

Good job Hillary!
default_aktion033.gif

So recently you did well showing one of your dogs

now Arabs, not to mention miniatures and shetlands,

what next???

Cathy

Congrats Hillary!
default_aktion033.gif

I've got some cattle you can try next fall! Never know when you need to ad to your resume!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL cathy and mark.. you know maybe this makes me a poor sport.. but i've always told jen i'd show a TURTLE if i could win/do well..lol i'm a little too competitive i think..LOL I' m hoping to get back into Eventing next year with my TB. I got here a little too late for most of the show's and conflicting with nationals and all the money that goes along with that I wasn't able to do any. here in kentucky there's a whole lot more opportunity to move up the levels..in maine i think the highes level they had was training so I was stuck at the lower levels.

I'm also SORT OF getting into Tennissee walkers. I've been training some for people..i doubt i'll show them though because they do a lot of mean things to them to get them to gait big to win and i'm not into winning THAT much.

I do have to say it's kind of nice to show someone elses horses when i don't have to pay the entry fee's and stuff..LOL maybe i should just start going to all the show's catch handling for everyone! She did ask me if i'd be interested in showing him on the winter circuit here in hand... might take her up on it. I did OK under saddle..not as well as i'd normally do but the horse was still fairly green and had some 'issues" and of course i was totally new to him and rode completely different than his owner but overall did Ok. I did have someone that was a friend of my friends come up after the class and talk to her and asked if i'd be interested in taking on one of her arabs. He's a full brother to Haleys Commet (guess he's the most winningest arabian horse)... we'll see how that goes though!

It honestly wasn't a big class but it was funny because before the class this woman came up to me and was trying to give me inhand tips (which i do appreciate but i think she thought i had no experience at all. I wasn't forcing the issue because his owner didn't want me to shank him at all or anything.... which makes showing in hand difficult LOL I did it when i got in the ring though showed him Like i knew how to and it paid off and the owner relised it didn't hurt him and he was perfectly happy after the class so she was ok with it.) and was telling me i should go see this trainer and work with him and send the horse ou to be trained with him....how great he was blah blah blah.was going on and on about him.. HE was the guy I beat..LOL

After the class she couldn't believe i'd beat him..LOL

Did i mention recently HOW MUCH I LOVE LIVING HERE?!?! lol

Latest posts

Back