Showing an unregistered mini ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gracie

Reaction score
I was wondering i have agal who is interested in showing and or driving one of my fancy pretty geldings BUT he is not registered, Are there any shows and driving events Locally, WASHINGTON that allow Unregistered litle A cuties to participate or sdo ALL show minis have to be registered,

You can probably find some open/schooling shows, I haven't gotten into showing my mini's yet so I don't know if the breed shows have classes for those with no papers. Or if she's high school age does WA have High school equestrian competitions? Or 4-H.

There are some clubs who have shows, called just Club Shows in our area and the horse does not have to be registered, but are still measured and classes are still by height. Check with local clubs as well.

Gracie --

My first shows with minis were just local ones that the 4H club put on (I was an adult, and so were most exhibitors). It was A LOT of fun
default_yes.gif
The horses only needed a coggins certificate, no need for registry papers there.

Good luck,

Jill

Usually breed shows are only for registered Minis...although you might find a few that aren't BUT usually driving shows are for all horses.

Often there is a VSE division or at least a pony one and as long as you have a vehicle that does not have wire wheels, a quick check with the organizers will usually allow you to compete (wire wheels are usually not allowed at driving shows although some do have VSE divisions that do allow them)

So check with local driving clubs about their shows and HAVE FUN!!!

Another thought- we wanted to show our (registered) minis at a local fair to give our teen helpers some show experience so we contacted the show manager and requested that they add some classes for minis. We gave them some show rules so the judges would know what to look for (halter, trail, disciplined rail and hunter) that you can get from the registry websites. We guaranteed there would be 3 minis in the Division so they agreed to run the classes. We did not include driving because we were concerned about safety if the big horses freaked! But our CT Horse Show Association is starting to offer carriage driving classes at its shows and of course there are ADS and CDE events too.

Good luck!

Yes there is always Washington State Horsemen, they have shows all over the state and lots of them have driving and even mini classes and they don't have to be registered as I undertand it. If you want to pm me I can get you there web site info and would be more than glad to give you more info on them. I showed in some of there shows last year and had a blast.
default_aktion033.gif
They had in hand classes also and the fees were usually cheaper than breed shows. Fairs are lots of fun and the Central Washington fair in Yakima has mini classes there and they don't have to be registered for that either. Great bunch of people show there and we have lots fun.
default_biggrin.png

Patty

Fairs are a good place to look. I know our local fair puts on a mini show and there are also shows that have mini classes added in there with big horse ones. And, like other people said, there are local arenas that may put on a schooling show. Just got to shop around.

I showed my unregistered gelding all over the place until I got into the registered ones.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back