showin shots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
what papers(coggins?reg?), vet check up, shots forms do you need/ have to done enter a medium show thats indoors? no half as big as the nationals... but its not a small local fair. please help... i want every thing to go smooth!!
unsure.gif

& maybe some grooming tips for blacks minis that will make them look good!!

show some pics

my whole famliy is coming & i want to make them porud

thanks

desiree

When you get the entry forms, give the contact person a call. Thing is, most shots have to have been administered at least 14 days prior to the show, so hopefully it isn't too close.

Around here, if staying within the Provence; Tetnus, Rhino, Flu, are just about it, as for requirements on most Exhibition grounds.

I have used the Rio Vista shampoo for black horses with great success. Be sure to wear gloves, if you try it, as it will dye your fingers burgandy. Trust me on this one.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Good Luck!!
wub.gif

Here, in Nova Scotia, I have only HAD to have a coggins done once, and that's in over 25 years of showing horses. Even then...after I PAID for it to be done...the show committee changed their minds, and said it wasn't required.
new_shocked.gif

If I were you, I would contact the show secretary and/or your Vet...they will know.

Even the horse I sold to the French Islands of St Pierre et Miquilon didn't require a coggins test...now I must say, THAT surprised me, yet he did need rabies shots. Go figure...
wacko.gif

Coggins must be done if they leave your place. YOur horse should be up to date on its yearly shots, and a health paper.

Here in Manitoba we haven't required a coggins test for any show in 18 years, and that was a rated Morgan show. The other shows pretty much dropped the coggins test requirement in the late 70's So, it does vary from province to province and state to state--best to check with the show committee.

Ashley:: This is what is wrong with the coggins testing~! It varies from State to State to Some parts of the World not at all.. So one blanket statement like leaving ones property does not fit only a hand full of States...Some States Don't even required a coggins at all at any effent at anytime... Some are 6 months some are a year some are 3 years ..And some States not at all like I said~!!!

Ashley said:
Coggins must be done if they leave your place.  YOur horse should be up to date on its yearly shots, and a health paper.
421264[/snapback]

yes, I thought it was if you cross state lines too! But that is the USA rule, She lives in Canada!

-Gage-

I would contact the show secretary. Here in the states, if you travel through states, some require a negative coggins and health certificate (rip off and stupid) at some borders. Not sure if the show themselves do. As for vaccines, here in the states, I don't think anything is REQUIRED to show.

The only thing I know about black horses is to keep them out of the sun
smile.gif
Here's a picture for you.

93539abf39437fc72806ee0d4010a1b2.jpg

Liz V.

lovly mini Ojai Minis!! love the colour & markings!!

for grooming.. i know many people show there arab minis with gloss stuff on there eyes, nose, forlock & mane... what is it & how easy is it to do?

can you put black minis out in padocks/ in stalls (day & /or night) with those sleezy things? will they make them to hot? will they help bleaching?

thx

Hey desiree its devon i was at the clinic i actually had my black mini there..I spent forever coming up with all tue stuff i needed to make my black mini gleam this is wht i found worked well for him:

1)if you are clipping clip about 4 weeks before show and keep the horse witha light summer sheet on(i clipped him liek 1 or 2 weeks before show he was aweird brown colour one week after show decided id take his sheet off cuz the next show was amontha a half away and he was like really balck!!

2)cowboy magic shampoo works really well

3)silvardo face glow blck works good but babyoil gell will work high light muzzle and around eyes!

4)blue really accents black as far as show halters go!

also uim the sleazy slkeepwear foir horses??(made with lycra) i do not recommend them to wear those in the field...one the will be hot since it is tight 2 it will rip i recomend a nice light summer sheet from a local tack shop.a durabke one with a bit of room so the can move freely

Latest posts

Back