Showed some photos at Stratham! *RESULTS!*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Well I'm just home from setting up the 4H display at the Stratham Fair, my 27 photos took up most of the booth which was good, without them it would be a bit empty!!!!!
default_wink.png
It took probably over an hour to get them all labeled with their tags and then we had 2 judges judging them at once before putting them in the display booth, where they will sit with their ribbons for visitors to view at the Stratham Fair this weekend.
default_yes.gif

Over all I'm really happy, last year I entered less than 10 photos and boy they were not all too great! I think I got something like 21 blues and 6 reds, so that's really good, I'm really happy and proud of myself for my photography.
default_wub.png
Depending on the placing of each photo I get a certain premium, so I'll be bringing home some $$$$ this year!
default_biggrin.png

The only thing that sort of annoyed me a wee bit was the comments left by one judge, saying I should center some of my pictures more when they weren't SUPPOSED to be centered, I don't like always having every subject centered perfectly, and she marked me down for that on a few photos. She also commented on the focus, on one of my favorites, the focus was in the back, not the foreground and she didn't like that, but hey, what can ya do?
default_rolleyes.gif

Here are a few of my pictures, not the best but what I have uploaded

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my excitement I'm thrilled with my results, 21 blue ribbons sure makes a person happy!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

Rebecca

Very nice and congratulations. The first pic is perfect, a blue for sure.

Congrats on your photos! Keep working at it.

I judged at Stratham fair many times over the years but not photos. I did the Beef and swine shows.

By any chance are those your minis right on route 33?

Mark

Way to go! At least one of us can follow directions, he he :0 Very nice and I LOVE the first one!

They're ALL fabulous, and, knowing you, the others were probably just as great! Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back