Showcase your geldings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpsellwood

Reaction score
Well since not everyone breeds and has foals to show off, I thought it would be fun to show your geldings!!! Also a brief discription why yours is the best. I of course have the best gelding!!!! Doors is the best because when I see him, he makes me smile. Hes a blast to show and my best buddy.

These were taking this year hes five.

doorstackstall08.jpg

doorswichita.jpg

Our little 28", 5 year old gelding, Jones Call Me Phoenix, proved yesterday just how great he is.

It was our 4 year old grandsons first show ever, and he and his gelding had a blast. BTW our grandsons name is Phoenix too.
default_smile.png

Heres a few pictures from the show. Can you tell i am the proud grandma?
default_yes.gif

b.jpg

d.jpg

costume1.jpg

costume.jpg

a.jpg

I had the Bestest Gelding but he passed away last year
default_sad.png

We bought him as a 6yo Stallion (He was Wild)

and Gelded Him

We trained him for Cart (only took a week) and he was Bomb Proof

He was TOO much Fun
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
:)

no Pics yet - at Work
default_sad.png

Brenda Doors is Beautiful !!!

Well if you dont have one you need to get one!!! They are way to much.

I love the Phoenix pictures!!!

Thanks for the compliments on Doors hes a sweetheart. You know I had to geld him cuz my daughter sold Copper
default_sad.png
so I needed my gelding fix! I tell Doors its a compliment to be gelded in my barn.

Im sorry you lost your gelding that is not fun to go through at all.

Well, my best gelding is not a miniature, but a Classic Shetland
default_biggrin.png
. I do not think i have found a horse with a longer neck, these pictures do not even show the half of it.

He is our resident prince charming
default_wub.png

Alpha Farms Magical Debut H.O.F

2007 Congress Reserve Grand Champion Geling w/ Quay

4x Congress Champion w/ Quay

Photo of him today ...i believe he is about 43"

00DebutSpringClipped.jpg

With Quay during show season...

3.jpg

Then, i do not technically own this little angel anymore, but he is way way to special to me not to mention. He was my first miniature horse and i love him dearly. He did allot for me and i love him way to much, he is my little 31" pinto angel. A very good friend of mine, Linda (Lgahr on LB) owns him now and is taking care of him for me, i thought he would enjoy himself over there with her and i miss him every day. I got to see him this weekend and it was so hard to say goodbye to him, maybe someday many years down the road he will come back home but he is Linda's, all Linda's.
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

scan0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH NOW Brenda, I have the best gelding ever.

He is the most wonderful horse ever, not only has he been very successful in the show ring, he is just fun to be around. He has a kind heart and a gentle soul, and he just turned five. He will do whatever you want him to do and never give you a hard time. Anyone can drive him from the most basic beginner to seasoned show folks, he gives his best each and every time. He took a year off from the ring while we moved into our new farm and we brought him back this April for his first show in 18 months after having been driven 6 times in that 18 months and in 7 driving classes with three judges, he took 20 firsts and one second, and trust me the competition was very good. All without the first day of professional driving training.

I just love my boy, K-Nells Spin To Win 2004 World Champion Futurity Yearling Gelding and 2006 World Champion Amateur Country Pleasure Driving Level 1.

Winning at the World

mn-06-4758-f-acpdl1-604.jpg

Now as a 5 year old

spin2.jpg

I am very proud of Spin. Your right Brenda, everyone should have at least one.

I have THE best gelding
default_wub.png

Wee Man..

He is my best friend and hes taught me more then any horse I know.. I started leasing him when he was 2 years old at a local farm.. I loved this buckskin mare every hrose on the farm was leased all reg'd minis.. only one left was Wee he was crazy ; he was scared to go outside he would run away at the sight of a human we were all scared of him at first
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL and I knew nothing but hey I didnt care I wanted to lease a horse! He was bad he would drag me from one end of the field to the other he wouldnt jump stand still do anything . But for some reason even though Id cry and get frustrated; we had a bond. I eventaully started showing him he wasnt placing high at all usually bottom of the class he would refuse every jump and Id always feel silly and upset because my friends horses were winning everything. But he loved me and I loved him so I just kept knowing he would beat them someday. The next year he improved SO much this horse is awesome. We have such a bond. Show Season 2006 he picked up 2 Grands!!! Many top 3 finishes in all performance classes. 2007 Season wow....
default_wub.png
13 Shows Top 3 in performance top 5 in halter .. We were top showmanship youth and horse combo in our region last 3 shows of the year he WON hunter jumper and obstacle out of 10-15.. He pulled off a 1st in Gelding out of 14 at the CNE and a Reserve he won Reserve Highpoint in the 4H show he also won Miniature Horse Club of Ontario HIGH poitn youth and hrose combo for the year I can't bvelive it he is SO awesome.. Not only that but a little girl who LOVES him showed him 2007 in Junior classes and he won the year end highpoitn Junior obstacle horse
default_wub.png
He does parades and is used at horse camps by kids he is so awesome. I cant sum up all his accomplishments in this paragraph but he is one amazing show hrose now 4 years later. Its now been 5 years with him and we are ready for 2008
default_wub.png
He trusts me and I trust him ; I know its because I didnt give up on him and he didnt give up on me
default_wub.png
Im so glad I stuck through this horse is wow he is never going anywhere
default_wub.png

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this horse
default_wub.png

And that is why I have the BEST gelding
default_wub.png

weeclipped.jpg

wee.JPG

weemanjumpsss.JPG

mousel06.jpg

My buddy, Mouse.

He enjoys showing, and lately seems to have a desire to do more jumping than halter, but he has his share of Halter championships, also.

Mouse is a reincarnated "My Little Pony" and would stand all day long and be brushed and primped.

I don't know how I can ignore his little brother, my only other gelding (who's bunking with Leia's gelding, Kody, right now):

pyrolb.jpg

He did so well last year in halter as an Under stallion, and even an Over gelding foal, he got reserve All-Star in AMHR. He also took one Reserve CHamp Jr. Stallion at his only A show of the year.

He's going to be a great time in performance.
default_smile.png

Nice to see all the geldings!

Liz

Ohhhh people, you all KNOW that Bailey is the BEST gelding. Seriously, he'll even thinks so
default_wink.png

We don't show, we just shower him with lots of love.
default_wub.png

~ Ohhhh Bailey ~

Picture1192.jpg

Picture1061.jpg

Mine!!
default_biggrin.png

Magic Mist Color On Fire,
g_fire_05.jpg
my sweet boy. Eight years old, and for the last two years we haven't shown at all, but before that he was a showing machine, Hall of Fame in Halter, Top Ten at Nationals in nearly every class he went in, including a National Championship and two Reserves. He's my 2 year old grandson's favorite horse, he is the one that lets Brayden ride, or just lead him around. When I call to Fire, he GALLOPS to me (ok, not ALL the time, but when he does, it warms my heart.)
default_smile.png

I have two other geldings and have plans to have more, but this guy is really something special.
default_wub.png

*ahem* I believe it is I who has the bestest gelding.

Charm - 2 year old puppy, i mean gelding. He is a 31 inch tall arabian if you ask him. He has the spunk to strut around the arena huffin and puffin tail up like a crazed show horse...then he's also sweet enough to walk down a busy street lead by a 7 year old girl.

He is a tropper too - delt with 3 colick episodes and a broken jaw in his short life. Havent posted about this yet, but just last week we took him to the hospital again (yeah they know us by name there). Don't have a trailer so he rode in the back seat with me, which was kinda fun!

CharmHalf-Nekkid050.jpg

CharmHalf-Nekkid007crop.jpg

CharmHomeandherd029.jpg

Charm has also inspired now 4 people to get in to minis, the list keeps going up. I had one friend hold him for a second while I checked on another horse, he layed down in her lap, and she has a mini now.
default_biggrin.png

Yup Charm's the best. Well okay, okay, maybe he's tied in first with Bailey, his australian "brother-twin."
default_wub.png

I love this thread, what wonderful geldings everyone!

I think my gelding, Crystal Ridge Carousel Royale "Woody"

is THE BEST! We've done alot of winning together in halter,

obstacle, showmanship, jumping and color classes. Hes great fun

to show. He usually does what ever I ask of him without question

and with much enthusiasum. Hes the best!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

crystalridgecarouselroyale014.jpg

crystalridgecarouselroyale034.jpg

crystalridgecarouselroyale001.jpg

I don't know if I have the nicest geldings, but I do have geldings that are nicer than a lot of breeding stallions. I've decided to geld a number of stallion quality, bred to the hilt, stallions because I love (love love love LOVE) to have nice geldings to enjoy and to show. Here are our geldings -- they are the horses we enjoy the most.

[SIZE=12pt]Tibb’s Sundowner (HOF)[/SIZE]
1998 34" AMHR Silver Bay Dun Gelding

Halter Hall of Fame / 3x National Champion / 6x Reserve National Champion / 20x Grand Champion

Grandson of Boones Little Andy -- He's my hoofed teddy bear

Sunny%202007%20VMHC%20smaller.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

(to be gelding this fall)

Ducky%20051408.jpg
-
Ducky%20095%20040508.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica’s Big City Blue By U[/SIZE]

2007 AMHR / AMHA grey Buckeroo and Yellow Diamond Little Feather Grandson / Egyptian King Great Grandson

TO BE gelded 05/29/08 / Maternal brother to my “DunIT”

Siblings on both sides are very successful National level halter horses as stallions

Blue%20September%202007%201%20smaller.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Little King’s BT Bacardi Gold[/SIZE]

2004 37.25” AMHR Golden Palomino Gelding – Son of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”)

Supreme and Grand Halter Champion / First Place Solid Color

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136%20GELDINGS.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Triple H Derby Day Miracle[/SIZE]

2000 31” AMHR Light Palomino Gelding – My First Every Show Horse

Shown as a stallion to multiple Grands / National Top Five Performance / Push Button Driving Horse

Derby%20--%20Silver%20Star%20Show%20--%20May%2010,%202004%20075.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Skippin Miracle[/SIZE]

2003 31.5” AMHR Silver Chestnut Sabino Roan Gelding – First “Home Bred Foal”

Shown as a yearling to multiple championships

Skipper-VMHC-by-DRockwell.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's AA Eclipse[/SIZE]

1999 33” Driving Gelding – our first mini and first horse we raised from a weanling -- He got us "hooked" in a couple ways!

eclipse112101-4.jpg

I have 2 geldings. Both of which are special in different ways. Little Man because he is absolutely bomb proof and will do anything for a laugh. Dandy because he has really taught me patience. Both boys should be driving by the end of the summer.

Here they are:

Little Man:

LittleManJune82006.jpg

Dandy:

Dandy1.jpg

I have one WONDERFUL 8 year old gelding. He is the best because he just adores his mommy! Nothing melts my hear like hearing him whinny to me when I visit the barn, or whinny as I leave! He also is great for beginners, I can put just about anybody behind the reins and he will take them for a nice little drive and be so careful with them! My boyfriend adores him and loves to go for drives with us when the weather is nice (not to mention Billie likes him cause he is THE treat man LOL He always has treats for all our animals, mommy doesnt feed very many treats)

Here is Bill (Sherwoods Billie The Kid)

Winter wooly pics-trust me he cleans up real nice
default_wink.png

sharingsucks.jpg

Kids.jpg

And I jave another scheduled to be gelded tomorrow. I've had him a week now and he is headed off to the vet college 5 hours away for cryptorchid surgery, leaves this afternoon and will be home ( a few ounces lighter LOL) on Friday. He is going back to live with his old owners for a month or so to be away from the mares while the hormones leave his system- He is going to make a great gelding though because he LOVES to snuggle and is awesome with children. He is going to be very flashy in harness and has a neck to rival Leannas pony! He is also not a mini but rather a Welsh, just an inch or two too big to be a mini! (Billie was also a cryptorchid, my vet thinks I MUST have sucker written all over my forehead!)

Here is Hero (Comic Book Hero)

handsomedudebw.jpg

See his long neck? HAHAHA

looooongneck.jpg

Little Man:

LittleManJune82006.jpg
WOW! Wowow! What a chunk! I LOVE him! That is MY kind of horse!

I don't have the best gelding in the world. But that doesn't make me love him any less.
default_biggrin.png

This is my 2 year old class B gelding, Sparrow:

Two or three days ago, still looking shaggy from the winter.

DSCF0669.jpg

Last summer when he was actually shiny and sleek instead of looking like a little rumpled hobo.

sparrownear.jpg

And my favorite picture of him, because it really shows his personality the best of any picture I have of him....

sparrow104b.jpg

Sparrow is a cheap little mini, I barely paid anything for him (bought him at 4 weeks old then had to wait a couple months for him to be weaned to bring him home) and he will never go in the show ring (at least not with me) but he is learning the basics of driving so that next year when he is 3 I can start driving him. I think he is going to make a wonderful little driving horse for taking trots around the block. He is very eager to please once he understands what I want, though sometimes the "understanding" part takes him a while. He is a complete cuddle bug. I think considering what I paid for him he is pretty darn nice.

I think that everyone has the best gelding!! How can you replace them??? you cant

I guess I could add Magic, hes technically my daughters but he lives with me and I take care of him. As she moved to go to college. Hes the best gelding as never makes a mistake, has put up with my child for 7 years that says it all
default_smile.png
only kidding. He is a mult world champion in halter obstacle, National hunter champion, hes just adorable. Hes 18 this year and already has been to his first show.

Magicworldchamp06small-medium.jpg

All my horses are geldings. Billy the black mini is silly, spontaneous, and believes life is a party. Hondo the bay mini is more serious; he is a thinker and contemplates his ideas before acting. Radar the Tennessee Walker lives believing he is 19 hands tall and king of the world. He loves his little friends, but gets frustrated they can not scritch his withers in return of the favor. The three of them make for a happy horse family that enriches my life tremendously.

IMG_0400_6_1.jpg

IMG_2768_7_1-1.jpg

126-2639_IMG.jpg

A video of the boys being silly.....

http://www.box.net/shared/qoa0wjbk8k

We have an awful lot of pretty great geldings here.

But the winner is, of course, Image.

image.jpg

image03.jpg

image2.jpg

image4.jpg

imageduke.jpg

imageskijoring1.jpg

imagestakes.jpg

IMJULY98.JPG

Image isn't the prettiest gelding we have (he isn't even in the running for that title!), but he's quite possibly the most athletic, and he loves to drive as much as I do. He's a five time Canadian National Roadster Horse, an AMHA Superior Event Horse in Open Roadster, has several AMHA National Top Tens, AOTE Roadster Honor Roll winner. But mostly, he is THE most fun horse to drive ever!! To heck with the best gelding ... in my world, he's the best horse!!

Latest posts

Back