Show your true roans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chynagurl8

Reaction score
Okay so I read the post about the MHW and the articel about roans, so let's see your true (or believe to be true) roans.

okay here's mine he's a 3 year old gelding Winning Color's Hijacker SOS

watch for him at AMHR Nationals in the youth division!

DesMoines021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good Idea! I like roans. But I cant see your picture? Just the horrible red X.

I wish I had a more complete picture of this mare: Showcase It's Magic. She is a true blue roan pinto. Her sire is a true blue roan Buckeroo son. The winter light here is rather contrasty, and she is head & neck clipped, so maybe that helps to see what a blue roan looks like clipped and unclipped.

magicw.jpg

And this is an offbeat combination. Kahlua's base color is grullo, but he has true roan factor on top of his black dun base coat (his mother was a bay dun with roan; his sire was a black tobiano). He was also head and neck clipped BEFORE he was body clipped, so that's why there is such a difference in color. His neck shows his true coat color.

kahluaw.jpg

Robin C

Here are 2 of mine

Texas LL Whistle Unforgetable

Unforgettable9.jpg

and

Ramakers SMW Rhapsody in Blue

blue.jpg

Here is Beauty who I recently bought. Last thing I needed was another horse but I thought she was beautiful and well u know how that goes! She is shown pregnant and chubby.

beautyleftsidewalkBest605.jpg

here is a terrible pic of my black roan mare mini bits kandi kay. One of these days i really am going to get a new pic of her LOL

kandikay-248x184-222x164.jpg

Tami,

Texas LL Whistle Unforgetable is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! She takes my breath away!

Here's my sweet, sweet boy!!!!!

Not a brilliant pic of him BUT I think his natural good looks always shine through!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have been told he is a silver bay roan!

redd.jpg

red.jpg

Thanks Jessica. And you know what, I have never seen her in person.....lol. She went straight to Becky of Redrock when I bought her. As of right now she is 2nd on the honor roll for color. I finally get to see her at the World show.

Here's my 27.25" stallion Desert Golds Dust Devil, both of his grandsires are National Grand Champion Senior Stallions. He was giving the photographer a dirty look in the picture.

devil2.jpg

Robin

I have two roans. A sabino roan (Skipper / Whinny For Me's Skippin Miracle) and a TRUE bay roan (Lonesome / Lonely No Longer).

Here is my true bay roan, Lonesome. I really love his color. And, by the way, Lonesome's mother (Sugar / Mhoon's Fine Sugar) is colored identical to capall beag's horse and yes, I also would say that color is silver bay roan.

Lonesome-VMHC-2004-byDRockwell.jpg

July%204,%202004%20--%20Delaware%20--%20Area%20One%20Show%20--%20Lonesome%20Driving%20011.jpg

Lonesome%20----%2005-02-2004%20020.jpg

I'll have to get a new one of Oliver. He is really lightening up. This one was taken a few days after I got him. He is in my avitar.

Fran

' alt='>'>

Here are my two "Bay Roans"......yes, even the baby is a bay roan, check out the picture below to see her after her first body clipping.
yes.gif

Queenie & Baylee

f40f7f24.jpg

Baylee showing her "true" colors!

f351c966.jpg

f351c96a.jpg

No question, this is a true blue roan. LBFs Commodity Blues
Commod2003JulepCup.jpg

Hey this is off topic but who is the person that owns Roan N Out Blue? and are they on this board?

4-5-04grazn.jpg

Foxy is a daughter of Komokos Dark Destroyer

06-04left3.jpg

Camille is a daughter of Voedoe Light Vant Huttenest

7-25-04front1.jpg

Fever is a daughter of R Bar Cs Yellow Fever

Most of my roans are also appys.
smile.gif

This pic shows my blue roan appy mare, Mirage, and her filly from two years ago, freshly clipped (on the left), Magic Mist Bonsai In Blue.
oh_babies_f.jpg

Of course my gelding Fire (Mirage's half brother), his first ever pic driving
g_fire03_f.jpg

Hm, and this makes me realize that I REALLY need some good pictures of my bay roan mare, Mountain Meadows Spring Tyme Wishes-- I don't have any that do her any kind of justice at all, sigh...

[SIZE=14pt]Here is our new true bay roan filly Cassie.[/SIZE]

CassieOutside.jpg

Lyn

Eddited , yes Ashley thanks my typo.

Latest posts

Back