Show us interesting things of where you live!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
Everyone has something great about where they Live. Hidden treasures off the beaten path maybe. An ugly statue, Interesting animals, so on and so forth. Please share with us the great interesting things about where you live!!!

OK I will start.

Port Aransas Texas. Little island off the Texas coast, about 30 mins from Corpus CHristi. To get onto the island, take a car ferry across the harbor.

WHile you are here, look for Dolphins in the bay. Fish for Hardhead catfish (yuck kill em and throw them back) or Gafftop catfish ( yummy) Dogfish are UGLY brown fish... Feed Pelicans by hand. Get pooed on by a seagull. See a WWII shipwreck.

Your turn!!!!

North and West on the Washington coast

DSCF0133.jpg

and the trail to get down to that viewpoint!

DSCF0144.jpg

Those are all treeroots. We read that it was an easy 1/2 mile walk...NOT

Gimp, you've broken the pact.......you're only supposed to show photos when

it's cloudy and rainy in Washington..... NOW everyone is going to want to

move here !!!!!

NICE photos by the way........
default_biggrin.png

There's lots of things around here right in my neighborhood.Don't have to go far to find something interesting.

First there is Fall Creek State Park. That's at the other end of my road up here.

There is swimming in the swimming holes, the boys loved that so much; camping, wildlife and nature trails.

I used to go out onto the lake in my little boat with my GSD Tracey, drop a fishing pole

and fish for hours. We liked doing that a lot. So peaceful and quiet. I spent a lot of time on that lake. Not anymore. Amy doesn't do fishing or boats very well.

01.jpg

02.jpg

activities.jpg

They host the Mountaineer Festival every fall also up here at the State Park. Lots of crafting, banjo picking, great food,

dog trials, wagon rides and civil war re-enactements. Lots of fun.

The Worlds Longest Yard Sale comes right past my road. Hwy 127. Its pure insanity, but fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58J5vkOq3TY

There's a new hand gliding place up here someplace now but I haven't been there yet.

They are part of these guys who glide off the cliffs in town:

http://www.treetoppers.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
iredalebow08.jpg

Peter Iredale, wrecked in 1906...as seen 102 years later.

Just ONe of the amazing things about this part of the world (Nw Oregon)

Liz

harveyandjill.jpg

Harvey and Me, some interesting things where we live

(hoping to make a couple of you laugh)
default_biggrin.png

In the small town we live outside of there is the showboat "The Shiawassee Queen" which comes up the Shiawassee river once a year and puts on a show, sometimes some pretty descent artist, sometimes not
default_wink.png

Being surrounded by the great lakes, there are tons of cool things around here, too many to even name. I love the ocean, but nothing beats the great lakes and fresh water. There are the Pictured Rocks, Mackinaw Island, just to name a couple. The shipwrecks at Whitefish Point, tons of beautiful lighthouses.

OMG we want to go to Washington SO bad!!!! It looks beautiful!
default_yes.gif

Hey Marty! I thought Tennessee was the most beautiful state we drove through on our way to NC
default_yes.gif
There wasn't a lot off the highway but it sure was pretty country
default_yes.gif

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

The only thing interesting thing about living around Yakima is that you can LEAVE and visit all the awesome places in the PNW.

Oops, I neglected to add that those photos were taken on one of the three nice days we have each year. Other days it rains, yep, rains all the time. Never stops raining. ever. Except those three days. (gimp is slowing backing out of the Back Porch room before equuisize gets her sent to the gallows for breaking that pact that the great great great grandparents made
default_yes.gif
)

That seascape pic of the PNW is gorgeous!!! Thats how I remember the waters in CA...blue as can be!! Nancy and gimp....I think I have a secret!
default_biggrin.png
default_saludando.gif

Here are some points of interest from southern NJ. Yep we may be a small state...but whats left of it, when you take away the strip malls and the traffic is still beautiful. We're rich in history...revolutionary and Civil War to be exact.

For anyone that's interested here is the web site for the Old Barracks. (My sister works there) She's the second lady on the left in the staff page. http://www.barracks.org/

Here's the Batsto weblink for those interested in the history. http://www.batstovillage.org/

Batsto Historical lake

BatstoLake.jpg

Sawmill in Batsto Historical Park where they make their own fencing and cabins

BatstoSawMll.jpg

Another view of the sawmill

BatstoSwMllLk.jpg

Beautiful color changing of the leaves in the fall here on the farm

Clrchng1.jpg

Wild turkeys on our property...they come out right around Thanks Giving and hang to celebrate the holidays

FallTrkys.jpg

Trenton, NJ.... The Old Barracks where General Washington housed his troops for a spell before the crossing of the Delaware on Christmas 1776

Oldbrcks.jpg

THP-Lagoon-EricBrubakken.jpg

This is a dune lake a few miles from my home. We have several lakes and they are so pretty, and they are a mix of salt and fresh water. Sometimes they let out into the Gulf. This one is my favorite. Most of the others are developed so there are houses in all the veiws.

Then we have Eglin Air force base. Which is one of the biggest. They do alot of weapons testing, thankfully no nuclear stuff. But bombs are always going off, and some shake the house. They do loooong range missles, and all sorts of weird stuff. I think they helped develope the stealth bomber too. there are also lots of weird UFO stories about Eglin.

And this is a great new wildlife place.Nokuse Plantaion. It is just about surrounding our new property that we are hoping to move to this year.

Then we have celebrities, like Courtney Cox, Lance Armstong, Sheryl Crow and so many others. It is a weird place to live.

WOW there are some beautiful places out there!!!! Makes me want to jump in the car and go for a LONG ride!!!!

ok don't know if this counts but the ranch I bought has an active cemetary on it. great old headstones from the early 1800s lots of calvary ones from 4 different states. when I said I wanted a permenate place to stay not sure if I meant this lol. and if the neighbors complain about the dogs or wild parties ( yeah right) ill have to call in an exorcist or 2 ill get pics up as soon as I get regular internet.

We live in Cape Neddick, Maine, where we have beautiful coastal scenery. Here is "The Nubble Lighthouse" located here in Cape Neddick.

HPIM2775.jpg

These are the sunsets we often see from our yard.

DSC_0012.jpg

Now mininik, you're forgetting The Gorge In George...sitting on the limestone terrace watching a concert with the Columbia River Gorge directly behind the stage (...drummers don't dare lean back) is absolutely breathtaking. We saw Steely Dan on a warm summer evening...the sunset was spectacular as they played Third World Man...heaven.

Beautiful and interesting places and scenes!! It is like a photographic tour of America.

The largest cattle drive trail in the US, The Great Western Cattle Trail, went by our area for many years. Homesteaders loved for the thousands of cattle to bed down near their area, as they were able to pick up "cow chips" for their stoves.

trailmarker.jpg

The Wichita Mountain Range goes through western Oklahoma. Sunset seen from our front porch:

sunset.jpg

Another view from our front porch:

bobcatapril2006.jpg

Jill....
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Marsha Cassada...WOW!!!! I looked at that picture for a while thinking "Well I suppose its better than looking out your window at your neighbors brick wall..." And then I saw the CAT! LOL

What kind is that? I cant imagine seeing something like that close by...how cool!!!

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Absolutely gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back