Show Season 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistlebee

Reaction score
Hi! I thought it would be nice to post our show goals this year whether driving, in hand, etc.

Maybe some of us might even be going to the same places!

We are planning on doing some in hand shows at Buxmont Riding Club in Tylersport, PA.

We also want to go to Delmarva Driving Club's Annual DDC Pleasure Driving Show on May 14th, 2022 in Salisbury, MD.

We also are going to try to do the Elk Creek CDE on June 3rd, 2022 at Fair Hill International.

There's usually a pleasure driving show in the fall for Buxmont Riding Club as well.

I'm still waiting for show dates, It seems like all the shows I went to last year aren't happening this year. There are 3 shows I could go to, but they are all the same weekend. I spent half the day yesterday trying to figure out how that could possibly work.

I'm still waiting for show dates, It seems like all the shows I went to last year aren't happening this year. There are 3 shows I could go to, but they are all the same weekend. I spent half the day yesterday trying to figure out how that could possibly work.

What kind of showing are you interested in doing? I know of quite a few shows in Pennsylvania.

I'm doing halter and obstacle, but I'm really only showing AMHR. We will probably do the first Keystone miniature horse show, too. I didn't see their schedule posted yet either.

Hoping to not get laughed out of the show ring in Belton & Glen Rose, TX this year 🤣🤣…. AMHA/AMHR… And maybe WIN a participation ribbon 🤣🤣 and if Stormy doesn’t get a participation ribbon, I’ll go buy him one! 🤣🤣

I have set high expectations for our first show year!
My goals are to:
1. Actually get to the show
2. Not to miss my show classes
3. Look half way presentable: horse and handler 😍
4. Have fun
HIGH EXPECTATIONS! HIGH!! 🤣🤣

Hoping to not get laughed out of the show ring in Belton & Glen Rose, TX this year 🤣🤣…. AMHA/AMHR… And maybe WIN a participation ribbon 🤣🤣 and if Stormy doesn’t get a participation ribbon, I’ll go buy him one! 🤣🤣

My goals are to:
4. Have fun
You should have no problem with any of your goals, last year was my first showing AMHR, and it was absolutely nothing like showing big horses, or even the local shows for that matter.

Well, first there was a LOT of variety in horse and handler type and presentation. Not every horse was clipped, though most were, not a lot of makeup on the women, and the halters and dress tended to be a lot more relaxed. The classes were mostly small. Our local club has huge halter classes....Our biggest R class was 9, and most classes had about 2 horses in them. And they run ridiculously long. Our first show we didn't show until 630 at night, and we were not the last class of the day. You can go on the AMHR website and under shows, show results, then by year/show/ class. You can see the show you are going to and look up how many horses were in it, and how many horses were in the classes you want to show in. My other big surprise was how few trailers were there. When we rolled in at 12, an hour late, (started at 8) I almost had a heart attack thinking we were at the wrong place or the wrong day. It's a few people with a lot of horses each instead of a lot of people with 1 or 2. No one shows off the trailer, they all get stalls. It was common to hold a class up 5 minutes or so waiting for someone who was late, they even started one show an hour late because someone was going to be late.
So ribbons should be easy, not getting laughed at and looking presentable is super easy, missing your classes is almost impossible, and even fun should be pretty easy once you get over the initial stress.

Hoping to hit the two local A shows and do driven obstacle with the pair at both of them. Maybe a few parades. Hopefully some ADTs.

I'd like to try our very first driving classes. Both ours are young and my donkey isn't yet convinced that it's possible for him to walk forward inside an indoor arena. (Truly my expectations are absurd sometimes...) Hopefully there will be ample time and opportunities to show the littles this year. Next year we will be busy with yearling halter babies so this year is all about fun and getting more experience for my daughter in hand.

I'd like to try our very first driving classes. Both ours are young and my donkey isn't yet convinced that it's possible for him to walk forward inside an indoor arena. (Truly my expectations are absurd sometimes...)
🤣 🤣 I know what you mean!! I can’t convince Stormy he needs to continue trotting until I tell him to stop. So we won’t be entering any driving classes this year. 💕

My goals are to:
4. Have fun
You are going to love the Belton show and have lots of fun!! Such a great facility and arena. The classes do not go on too late either, unlike Glen Rose.
What classes are you going to be trying?

Are you going to either show?? As of right now I am planning to enter into halter, showmanship, and in hand obstacle.… and am thinking of only showing in AMHR this season. I think I will probably take Breezy instead of Stormy. Breezy will be 2 in March. He doesn’t know how to side pass yet.… so we will see. The experience will be really good for him. I hope he lets me clip his legs! He hates that🤣🤣 guess we will be working on that as soon as it gets warmer…. Otherwise I will be the one with the poodle at the show 🤣🤣

Yes, I hope to be at Belton! I did 3 shows in Glen Rose last year, and all 3 times, hunter, jumper and obstacle classes were at 1-2 am. Not the best time for me and my horses! Those are the classes I focus on most, so I'm doing different shows this year where that does not happen. I will only be showing AMHR this season too.
I would bring both! 2x the fun, lol. Plus experience is always valuable! You should be able to teach Breezy to sidepass by the show! If you'd like some tips, PM me, and I'd be glad to help. Also, if you can't clip his legs, I can help at the show, or if I can't go, I know of people who would be happy to!

I don't get that about the AMHR shows. Who in the world wants to show at 1am? Last year we only had one show that our halter class and obstacle class were on the same day. I haven't yet seen a "poodle" at the show, but our first show was in april and I tried to do a trace clip. But I gave up halfway there and we showed with only her legs clipped. This year I have a blanket and a year of clipping experience so we should be good.

I don't understand it either. AMHA has a rule of no classes after midnight, but I've shown right up until midnight at plenty of local shows which is also not fun!

I do enjoy that we haven't had to show before lunchtime yet. But even 7pm is late to be showing.

Latest posts

Back