Show Report

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari

Reaction score
**Warning: Bragging Ahead**

The AMHA Western Championship Show in Reno, NV turned out to be a very good show for me this year!

We wound up breaking the drive from WA to NV into 2 days, as it's a 16-hour drive for us. We got to the grounds at around 4pm on move-in day just in time to say hey to Vicki (Gramma and Baby-Watcher), Courtney (Barn Helper/Make-Up Artist/Handler/Lifesaver), Summer (Trainer), Oliver (Summer's Baby Extraordinar)and Tigger (Horse). We then went to Circus Circus for a late dinner. After sustenance, it was to our lovely room at Motel 6 (it really wasn't bad, I mean afterall, the cops were there every night keeping us safe!) for some much-needed sleep.

8am the next morning the show began. Tig's first class was halter with Summer. For the first time in two years, she refused to show for Summer! She gets so crabby sometimes. Yet she still tied for Reserve Champion. The next class was amateur halter with me. We did the walk, trot, show teeth just fine... then came the problems. Someone had dropped pieces of carrot right where Tig had to set up. NOT good. She was furious with me for not letting her have the dirt ambrosia and refused to stand or show, even eating the dog hair I use to get her to show.
default_new_shocked.gif
But we got Reserve Champion!!!

The next day was youth halter with Courtney and Tig was in a better mood, placing 7th out of a large class. Courtney is a great handler. Then was special needs halter with me. Everything went well, and we walked away as the Champions of that class. She also had a driving class that day, and placed 8th out of 14. She's finally getting the whole driving concept down!!! Very little breaking, only a few hops (Tigger... Winnie-The-Pooh... get it? She has this name for a reason)!! I'm proud of my girl.
default_wub.png

Tig's last driving class was on the third day of the show. Talk about stiff competition!! She drove very well, though, and placed 11th out of 16. I know, they only award to 10th place, but I was glad she didn't place LAST!

Fourth day (and last) was Liberty. Ooh, man, she looked good!!! She really turned on that floating trot, and would've placed IF SHE HADN'T OF BEEN DISQUALIFIED!!! The little weasel refused to be caught. She looked at Summer, said no way, and made a few more laps around the arena. Who cares if there's no more music?

We left Reno the following day, and arrived home at midnight the day after that.
default_wacko.png
What a boring drive!!! Note to self: bring a few interesting books on CD next time.

I'm leaving out a lot of stuff, such as the massive nosebleeds, hunt for Taco Bell, giant metal spider, cold alfredo dinner, sweltering heat, drama, drama, drama, but I'm assuming y'all don't want to hear about the bad stuff. The good always outweighs the bad at a horse show, anyway!

There was a professional photographer, and his site is http://www.forrestblissphoto.com/ To get to the photos, you click on proofs, then in the drop-down box choose 2008, then this show, then Tigger is entered under Summer Sayles.

Tigger IS going to the AMHA Worlds. However, since Summer only has a few horses going, Tig will be going with Tiffany Porter of Avante Training.I don't know her classes for sure yet, but it's looking like she'll have youth halter with Brittney and Kayla Porter, SN and Amateur with me, sr mares with Tiffany Porter, and three driving classes.

Kari

Sounds like you had a great show. Your Tigger sure is a pretty girl!

Sounds like you had an excellent time! Tigger did great for you and I know she will do better at Worlds! It will be fun to be able to watch and root you guys on!!!! Is her Mom carrying a new Tigger-ette? Hope so! Kari,,,,, dirt ambrosia????? HeeHee.

Hilary and Mister and Lisa made me proud.. He only got a 5th in ammy jr stallions and a 6th in Jr open stallions. But that is pretty awesome and I enjoyed the ride!!!! Tough competition and there is no shame in a better horse beating you!

Thanks
default_smile.png

Kim, Mister did great!

No, Patty isn't bred right now, but I'm going to be borrowing a stallion from Summer for awhile, and he and Patty will be pastured together... so who knows?

Kari

Congratulations, Kari!
default_aktion033.gif

Peggy

Alba Hurst Miniature Horse Ranch

Wow, Kari, that's great news, and I'm glad you posted, here. You've worked so hard for so long to have what you do. Congratulations, girl, you deserve it!!!

Liz

Latest posts

Back