show quality but at what level?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supaspot

Reaction score
I know Bliss is nice but is she good enough to warrant the expense of travelling to the Uk to show ? , she is my favourite but I want to know what others think of her and to be sure Im not seeing through rose coloured glasses lol so would anyone like to give me a critque of my yearling filly please , although she was shown as a 4 month old foal and won her first reserve champion title she has had no training or work at all since , pic from her right hand side (with mane) show her freshly clipped the other from her left side has a months growth

009.JPG

016.JPG

559675_594483130564049_802191485_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry , I dont have any recent front and back pics but heres a couple from when she was younger

487750_3653630174089_1633353546_n.jpg

598781_3557950422155_622069067_n.jpg

you can send it via messages if you'd prefer
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She is nice but any show anywhere will always be a crap shoot. You never really know what a judge is going to do on any given day. You have to take your chances every time you step in the ring. Good luck!

Supaspot, I hesitated to answer because I have done only very minimal showing in halter classes, but, she is lovely. If I were pressed I'd say she is slightly too upright in the stifle but that may be photo angles. That first picture has her standing in a near perfect position for her build (IMO which is worth what you paid for it ;) ) and other than her fluffy yearling mane I am hard pressed to fault her over much about anything. Marty is right tho, every show, every day she will garner differing opinions depending on mood (yours, hers and the judges) and every different judge will see different things but if she were mine I would not hesitate to put her in the ring.

I agree with Marty - she is very nice but the only way you will find out how well she will do is to put her into the show ring! And that only tells you how she will do on THAT day, with those judges, and that competition. That is why they have shows and people enter them. Sorry. And I do know what you are feeling because we have a nice small filly and are debating where to show her. We know full well that there is a super nice filly sired by the one of the hottest stallions around that will almost certainly be in her class wherever we take her.

It is a lot of work and outlay and it all rides on one, and one only, chance. I would save my money and use it to take her to a number of shows in Ireland, myself, see how she does and go from there. She is a bit long in the back for me, and she is very immature all round (which is understandable) The long in the back thing I do not worry about too much in a mare as it is only slightly and it gives more room for the foal- but, give her another year and she may well have grown into herself so, no, I would not go this year, I would wait and see.

I think she is lovely and looks to be a very promising youngster. I agree with Jane in that she is slightly long in the back (as said, a good trait for a brood mare), but she has yet to grow into herself. Looking at it from the 'reverse' side, I dont think that I would go to the expense of travelling FROM the UK TO Ireland to show her this year, I would just concentrate on my 'home' shows and wait to see how she matures next year.

Good luck!
default_yes.gif

Thanks very much for all your responses , Ill wait until the end of the summer and if she has placed well Ill come back here with new pics and ask you all how shes maturing
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back