Show Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
default_wub.png
We had our first show of the season. After being nervous about it for the last 5 months it finally came. Im super happy with my results for my first show it feels pretty good. Theres lots of things that I now know need to be improved but its nice to get back into it
default_wub.png

Mr Zorro! Highlight of my whole show day!! To say Im proud and ecstatic with how he showed would be an understatement! I was so unsure the yearling stallion class is VERY competetive this year both A's and B's together for the club shows. Zorro got 2nd to a B colt and I am SO happy the class was fairly large and the winner was quite the handsome boy
default_biggrin.png
Im just SO happy with his placing and the way he showed
default_wub.png
My baby boy
default_smile.png

zorroshowtwo.jpg

ShowOne.jpg

Chanel
default_wub.png
I showed miss chanel in her first show
default_smile.png
She was very good
default_smile.png
She got 1st in weanling.
default_wub.png
She took the long hot day well shes an awesome filly I absolutely love her
default_wub.png

ShowTwo.jpg

chanelbabe.jpg

Fashion. I am SO happy with fashion... She was SUCH a good girl for her first show ever foal on side. Of course she pranced around in mare not giving the judge a good look but she stood nicely a few times and thats all I could ask for her first show
default_smile.png
She still got a 2nd in her open senior mare class which was a fair size.. I am REALLY proud of her. Also took her in jumper she was such a good girl highlight of my day. First time out she cleared all her fences mind you she jumped a little higher then needed LOL . She got 3rd
default_wub.png
Im super happy cannot wait already top have her nicely rounded out for next season and in harness
default_biggrin.png

Pre show;

clippedfash.jpg

Show Day;

ShowEight.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Wee
default_smile.png
He was a good boy too! We got a 2nd in showmanship and he got 2nd in jumper and obstacle. He also place din hsi other classes those are jsuta few highlights
default_smile.png
I can't wait to get him back into everything this year he was awesome but was a little rusty on some of his obstacles but stilll did well:)

ShowFour.jpg

ShowThree.jpg

I am SO happy with how my horses did. Those are just a few of their results they went in alot of classes LOL.

Well thats 2 shows down.. 12 more to go...
default_biggrin.png
I Love Show Season.

** Special Thank You to Nigel.. Fashion's biggest Fan HAHA
default_biggrin.png
He took her in Grand for me when chanel was in as well
default_smile.png
Plus he was the worlds best groom!!!!! Your awesome nigel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, first of all I LOVE that last photo of you and Wee.

Second- when the heck did Zorro grow up?! He's gorgeous! And his color is phenomenal. Chanel is a gorgeous baby but I can't believe how trim you got her mama post-foaling. She looks like she was never pregnant, nevermind still has a foal at side. Wow.

In other words: Good job!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I have no idea how you get that many horses conditioned and ready to show, I can't even manage two.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Okay, first of all I LOVE that last photo of you and Wee.

Second- when the heck did Zorro grow up?! He's gorgeous! And his color is phenomenal. Chanel is a gorgeous baby but I can't believe how trim you got her mama post-foaling. She looks like she was never pregnant, nevermind still has a foal at side. Wow.

In other words: Good job!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I have no idea how you get that many horses conditioned and ready to show, I can't even manage two.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia
Thanks SO much.

Mr Zorro would be flattered after I picked him apart so much LOL. But I agree it seems like he was just a little light coloured weanling the other day:) I also think hes gorgeous now that hes rounding out and got a nice colour in; his first clip I wasn't sure thought we may be hitting gangly LOL
default_wub.png
Well I like him
default_biggrin.png
Well wee man isnt really trim LOL but I keep a close eye on Fashion body scoring her
default_biggrin.png
She could use a little weight on her back but its a mommy thing.

Thanks for the compliments I really appreciate them
default_smile.png

You can't be serious! Thats not Zorro!
default_new_shocked.gif
What happened to the little ball of fluff? He looks remarkable. You should go a long way with him.
default_biggrin.png

And as for fashion, you'd never know she'd just had a baby! I want to know her secret. I have baby fat from 11 years ago to shift!
default_wacko.png

Congratulations Devon, your hard work and dedication has paid off. Keep at it, you are doing really well.

xox Leonie xox

Your horses are gorgeous! I can't say which one I like the most, they're all wonderful. Zorro, wow!!!!! Chanel is so pretty, love her legs and her mom looks great, especially considering she just had a baby! Love the last pic of you and Wee.
default_wub.png

** Special Thank You to Nigel.. Fashion's biggest Fan HAHA
default_biggrin.png
He took her in Grand for me when chanel was in as well
default_smile.png
Plus he was the worlds best groom!!!!! Your awesome nigel!
Haha you're quite welcome!! I did have the best time, and am looking forward to tagging along to other shows and spending the day with my favourite mare
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
. (even though she can be a bit..."pushy" we'll say LOL). But yes it was lots of fun (even though the heat was pretty intense).

Here's a picture of me with Fashion in the beginning of what was to be a disastrous obstacle class...she's just learning and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try...LOL (plus the fact that she has little Chanel to worry about doesn't help
default_biggrin.png
)

nigelshow.jpg

COngrats on the great show placings!

That baby is adorable and momma is lovely!

*just a side note, not trying to be rude or anythin, just noted your show halters on zorro, wee man and fashion could be lowered on their noses, generally two fingers width between the cheek bone and the nose band, doesnt make their faces so long..*

Thanks for the compliments
default_smile.png

And I put my show halters on the cheek bones; Ivealways been taught that .

But will keep in mind about thier faces which arent actually long.

It's cavessons which go two fingers width below the cheekbones, show halters should generally rest with the ring right below the end of the prominent cheekbone. Some of Devon's are a little high, but only a fraction. It's better too high than too low as it's having them low that makes the faces look long.

(I grew up showing Arabs. Even if you never showed halter, you learned about correct halter placement! *LOL*)

Leia

LOL

Thanks hobby horse. Fashions is a little high but it just isnt the right fit on her; Maybe ill put my own hole in
default_smile.png
I like where zorros is
default_smile.png
Hes got actually a little compact face
default_smile.png

Oh I didnt mean your horses faces are long just that the halter can make them look long lol.

I guess its a personal prefernce thing then because if I have my geldings halter right on his cheekbone it cuts his face in half and makes him look like he has a trunk so I have mine down a little lower but whatever works for people
default_biggrin.png
I meant no harm by my last post haha

[SIZE=10pt]I just LOVE that last picture of you with your horse![/SIZE]

Congrats on your wins! Good luck the rest of season!

Your horses are beautiful.

Very Nice Devon!!

Fashion, Zorro, Chanel and Wee look great!

Chanel is just gorgeous!
default_drool5.gif

If I've ever seen my dream mini... she's the one. Goodness, she is stunning!

She is only following in the footsteps of her lovely mother though!
default_wub.png

Zorro looks amazing!
default_new_shocked.gif

Wee is very cute!

Good job at the show, and what a wonderful show string!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back