Show picture!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsrascal

Reaction score
My aunt showed Wyatt for his first two shows (open, but mini attended). She is very green and not able to really get him to "show" but she did pretty good.

Despite being of the stockier type he did really well, pulling 1st/9 in his first show and 2nd/5 in his second show in halter. He also won the open weanling/yearling halter class at the first show, it was a treat to see a mini lead out the class!

So we have decided to go ahead and try our luck at the AMHA shows. Hopefully we can get his papers back by the July show but if not in the fall.

Here was my favorite show picture
default_smile.png

1045234_10151687719524551_1231745663_n.jpg

Congrats!!! What a cutie! If you have sent in his AMHA papers already, give them a call, they can email you a " show letter" so you can show him IF you kept a copy of his papers to take with you.

Congrats!!! Those first show wins are *so* exciting!!! And actually, the wins thereafter are pretty darn exciting too! :p

CONGRATS!

I bet that was a treat to see. And what a BLAST.

While I'm having a thrill of a lifetime w/ 3 of our ponies closing in on their Halter HOFs, I loved showing our Shetlands at our local, open shows. As our daughters improved in riding, they started winning against all breeds - in halter, showmanship, walk/trot classes (western & English), jumping and western classes on the flat. I hauled our Shetland stallion to several shows and one time, at a local benefit show that drew a lot of people from other breeds for support, had him take 2nd out of 10 against full size, mature stallions 3 of which were in the top of their show classes (World Champion APHA aged stallion, ? Appaloosa 3 yr old stallion & National Champion Arabian stallion) - along with several that hadn't been campaigned on their breed circuits.

That type of exposure sold ponies for us then. ANd proved that we had "Little horses that could..."!!

Latest posts

Back