Show off your appaloosa minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my bay leopard appaloosa mare, Little Wee Klassic Showgirl.

Klassy is really a joy to own
hearton.gif

She's so affectionate, laid back and willing [SIZE=8pt](who says appys are stubborn???)[/SIZE].

Klassy%20--%2007232006%20--%20127%20MARES%20PAGE.jpg

Klassy%20--%2007232006%20--%20051%20mares%20page.jpg

Klassy%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, the only people that said Appies were stubborn has never owned one. I have had them for at least 35 years (full sized and then Minis and POAs from 1995) and find them to be extremely smart and willing. I always used to tell the folks that made fun "Guess ya gotta be smarter than the horse!!" LOL

Jill, the only people that said Appies were stubborn has never owned one. I have had them for at least 35 years (full sized and then Minis and POAs from 1995) and find them to be extremely smart and willing. I always used to tell the folks that made fun "Guess ya gotta be smarter than the horse!!" LOL
I hear you!!!
thumbs-up2.gif

Here is Iles Spotted Blue Illusion, he was 2 this last spring and had 3 girls to breed and so far I hav felt movement in 2 (Dotty and Frosty) of them! :aktion033: Can't wait to see what I get!

He has 2 blue eyes.
default_wub.png
:

as a weanling about to get off the transport trailer when delivered to me.

Illusionabouttogetofftrailer81904.jpg

this last summer

Illusion82106a.jpg

Illusion71206c.jpg

This is Pom Pom Alota Spots (Dotty)

Dotty82106c.jpg

This is Knight Stars Frosty Velvet (Frosty)

Frosty82106e.jpg

she is darker in winter

Frostyleftside112305.jpg

And my big Appy Windwalker

Windtrottingleft51003.jpg

oh, i like a lot!!!

Appys are my absolute favorite.

Here is mine. Canterbury's Electric Storm. He should cover his first group of mares this next spring. IM EXCITED!!

822943-R1-01-3A.jpg

822946-R1-04-5A.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

stormy3.jpg

Stormy7.jpg

stormy6.jpg

stormy10.jpg

Stormy1.jpg

stormy9.jpg

sry for the picture overload, haha i really didnt realize that i had taken so many of him.

Will

I LOVE Appys big time.I haqve had them big or small in most of my life.Here is my Toyland Little Triumph,33 1/2. He is my Pure falabella Stallion.Which has given my many babies with his great personlity.I am just wondering I will have to sell him as most of my mares are getting smaller.http://www.equineobsession.com/makeawish/images/Triumph_201.jpg And here is Joses Caballito,She is also a Pure Falabella measuring 31" http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/app...ses_20newtn.jpg And this is Mountain High Poca Nada.Another Falabella mare measring 30" http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/app...ets/poca100.jpg

We also love appies!! Hear are some pictures of ours, they are not professional photos.

"A Model Black Hawk" - Black Appaloosa Yearling colt

Black%20hawk-medium.jpg

"Lil Hoofbeats Arctic Frost" - Black Appaloosa Yearling filly

Bella-medium.jpg

& the first Appaloosa foal born on our farm

"Andromeda Starry Knight"

Star-medium.jpg

This is our Blue Roan Appaloosa mare "Luv Em Minis Wild Sierra"

Sierra%20and%20Pocahotis.jpg

This is our gorgeous Pinatloosa Yearlilng Filly "Wellspring Wow Baybee".

Josie-medium.jpg

We love each & every one of them.

I LOVE Appys big time.I haqve had them big or small in most of my life.Here is my Toyland Little Triumph,33 1/2. He is my Pure falabella Stallion.Which has given my many babies with his great personlity.I am just wondering I will have to sell him as most of my mares are getting smaller.http://www.equineobsession.com/makeawish/images/Triumph_201.jpg And here is Joses Caballito,She is also a Pure Falabella measuring 31" http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/app...ses_20newtn.jpg And this is Mountain High Poca Nada.Another Falabella mare measring 30" http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/app...ets/poca100.jpg

Don`t know what happened there
default_sad.png
But try again. Here is my Triumph
Triumph_201.jpg
And my Joses.She is just a sweet heart
Joses_20newtn.jpg
And my Poca.I dream of having a foal by her.
poca100.jpg

Oh I am going to love this thread.

Here is some of our's. This is our main herd sire.

Sweetwaters Flashing Leopard, he is a black leopard, he has the pea cock

rings around or shadowing around his spots. I so love this boy.

DominoSuper.jpg

and pictured at 3.

domino.jpg

This is his 06 daughter Texan Star Leopard Cherokee Princess

MysticFilly.jpg

This is was his daughter Destiny, who we unfortuntly lost to an ulcer. We did not she

had it, no signs. So devastating, so heart breaking. I so miss herI keep trying to get

her Dam to give me one more Destiny. She was a bay blanket.

destinylk.jpg
All I got to say is "WOW"
default_yes.gif
:

LOVE THIS THREAD..................LOVE THE APPY'S......................I SEE SPOTS AND LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!

I am getting excited this little Filly should be in Ontario before Christmas :aktion033: :aktion033:

Gives me another chance to breg, just like a little girl waiting for Christmas Morning ...

Cettaforwebsite2.jpg

WELL THIS IS MY LEOPARD COLT DANDY.
default_wub.png
: HE IS A SWEET, SWEET BOY! THANK YOU LVPONIES FOR MY LITTLE GUY!!

DANDY.jpg

AND MY VARNISH APPY MARE VELVET WHO IS IN FOAL TO FUN E FARM SPOTS SUPREME FOR 2007!YIPPY!

BARNHORSE-1.jpg

AND MY FLEA BITTEN APPY MARE APRIL AND HER 2006 FILLY ELLIE WHO IS ALSO BRED TO FREEDOM HILL/FUN E FARM SPOTS SUPREME FOR 2007! I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT I GET!!

APRILELLIE.jpg

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE! :bgrin

New 2 Minis, Thank You for the complement on our Apps. I so this boy and

his babies.

Dawn, I so love this picture of your boy Broken Arrow. He is such a Doll.

[SIZE=14pt]Lost Spoke's Broken Arrow[/SIZE]

barear.jpg

ba06world3.jpg

For additional pics, please visit us at our website!

Dawn :saludando:

What a great thread.

Vicky

:saludando: Hi, I'm melissa's daughter. I love all the pic's.
default_wub.png
:

default_yes.gif
:

thanks,

ashley :bgrin

I'm really loving this thread too.
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

I have what a good friend calls "Spotted Fever", lol! Looks like it is a common ailment.
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I'm sure that most of you have seen the pics of my appys, but for those who haven't, I will share again.

This is CCMF Spotted Illusion, my coming-three-year-old stallion. We're expecting a few foals from him this spring.
s_louie18_f.jpg

Here is another of my coming-three-year-old stallions, Magic Mist Raging Fire N Smoke, but I don't have any good current pics of him online so here he is as a baby, lol! (I know I'm bad!) His sire is BHR Lerwick (ASPC/AMHR)
fns_4_f.jpg

Here is Wild Winds Frost Fire, on the left, and her firstborn daughter Magic Mist Mirage. Frost has been an incredible producer, settling every year she's been bred and having a colorful, gorgeous foal. She is the dam to "Rage", just shown in the previous pic, and seven other foals.
m_frost7_f.jpg

Here is Magic Mist Bonsai In Blue, firstborn daughter of "Mirage"
m_bonnie3_f.jpg

And Magic Mist Im An Appy Lucy, an old pic but haven't got new ones of her online either:
m_appylucy4_f.jpg

And CCMF Champagne Delight, a champagne appaloosa who will FINALLy be home within a week or so.

I've been waiting a long time to see this little sweetie in person.
default_wub.png
:
m_champagne_02_f.jpg
Her blanket and spots when clipped as a suckling:
m_champagne_03_f.jpg

We have other appys too, along with quite a few solids and a couple of pintos.
default_smile.png
Hoping for more colorful appy foals in the spring. Love the spots!
default_wub.png
:

I have the same background in large and small appaloosas and I, too, have used the above phrase many, many times! LOL! :lol:

Even though I don't currently have any appaloosas in the barn.. (though THAT will change in the next month when I get a gorgeous leopard colt in the barn to show for his owner, Felicia Wimmer of Mountain Shadow Miniatures...
default_wink.png
: ) I DID get my start in miniatures back in 1989 when I started showing and managing the RF Bar Ranch miniature program and showing their Senior Stallion, Tiny Tim..

fc2c8bfe.jpg

Sadly, Tiny Tim passed away about a month ago... at age 26. He appears in many of the appaloosa breeding programs today.. he was a wonderful horse and I miss him very much..

Here are a few others that we had over the years.. (many of which are now owned by Forum members or their extended families.. lol!)

BHM The Shaman: (sired by CR Mystic Warrior and out of a grandaughter of Tiny Tim.... now owned and loved by Pondlake Stables) shown here as a weanling with me and my sister, Janie Bigham....

f4f878bc.jpg

RF Bars Cool Hand Luke: (by Tiny Tim) now owned by Radulovich Farms, Acampo, California. Shown here as a yearling..

f4f878c0.jpg

RF Bars Sparkle Plenty (by Tiny Tim) now owned by Kat Sullivan, Six Gems Farm, PA

fc2c8bfc.jpg

RF Bars Dollys Baby: sired by RF Bars Joe Cool (by Tiny Tim) now owned by Kat Sullivan, Six Gems Farm, PA (shown here with her foal by CR Mystic Warrior, RF Bars Mystic Vision..)

fc2c8bee.jpg

RF Bars Sparkler: sired by RF Bars Joe Cool: not sure who owns him now but would love to find him!
default_yes.gif
:

fc2c8be8.jpg

I have so many more photos but just wanted to show the different patterns and colors Tiny Tim had a "hoof" in producing.....
default_rolleyes.gif
:

LOVE this thread... super, super horses! :aktion033:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Woodstock North Who's Appy Now (HOF):

db_jjappy062web1.jpg

db_appy-p-parade12.jpg

db_Appy-arrival8__1_1.jpg

WTBS Escapade's Blue Rose:

a_alice4.jpg

DRK What's The Buzz: (probable snowcap pintoloosa)

a_jjbuzzweb.jpg

Painted Perfection's Imagination: (black blanket)

a_ginnyflies1a.jpg

Thousand Oaks Violets are Blue:

a_violet2.jpg

Honeypony Silver Starlee:

a_starjump3-05-1.jpg

DRK Sheez Gonna Wow Ya (Diane already showed her, but she's worth seeing twice!):

a_sheezyspots.jpg

and one more in the next post....
default_rolleyes.gif
:

This is Chianti, he is a black, roany (due to appaloosa, not a true roan), and spotted blanket.

chianti6.jpg

chianticasi.jpg

a05a7756.jpg

And this is Sage. She is a chestnut varnish roan appy.

sage.jpg

sagehead4.jpg

sagebirdshadow.jpg

And them together:

chiantisage.jpg

chiantisage2.jpg

And to show you how much appies can change, this is Sage as a baby

sugar1stdaysleep6small12.jpg

A yearling:

sugar6months60412.jpg

And a two year old (she turns three end of this month, but in regards to the Jan 1st year older thing, she's "3"):

sugarleft80512.jpg

Here's one we haven't shown much, he's still maturing and isn't in a very photogenic stage, but he's starting to COLOR! He was born solid silver dapple (black) - he's out of WTBS Escapade's Blue Rose (an Orion granddaughter) and by Gray's Smoke Signal (black leopard). This is KpM Honeypony's Blue Moon - 2 year old colt.

Last year we all had a laugh on here because his only spots were on his own "moon" - between the cheeks! As you can see, that's changing!

With Appy:

moon-app1.jpg

Close ups after clipping and a bath! I bumped up the contrast a bit so it shows better. I don't know if he'd be considered a few spot, he does have 2 appy parents and only the one black spot so far! :bgrin I don't care, I'm just glad he's coloring up!

moonbutt11-2006.jpg

here's his one dark spot (on his withers)

moonwithers11-2006.jpg

This one isn't a dark spot, just a cowlick on his flank that looks dark because of the contrast.

moonotherside11-2006.jpg

I really have too many to post and u are probably sick of them but I will post a few. Here are our 2 keeper stud colts of 2006. The leopard is blue eyed and a buckskin and the colt on right is a pintaloosa.

firejoleneslatecoltsheadsgood92506.jpg

Here is the same Blue eyed leopard colt above shown with his blue eyed leopard mom.

fireslataecoltmomrunGreatcoltwoodfence2d.jpg

Here are 4 of this years appy foals, all are keepers!

SLATE06foalsRUNGOODfirejoldreamflashmid92506.jpg

Here is our little appy Sids Rebel son, McCoy all 29 inches of him.

mccoyllleftrearBESTNECKARCH206.jpg

This is Jack one of our homebred appys at 1 year, he is now in Puerto Rico

jackleftsideheadlookingbacksomeredhalterGD806.JPG

Here is Gala and her 06 daughter Cheyenne both colored appys.

galaslatemomfillyfullrunfrontviewflying2dy72106.jpg

This is our 06 Dreamer/Slate filly

dreamslatefillywalkleftBESTAVATAR906.jpg

Chief is our young appy snowcap stud who we hope has some late 07 foals coming.

chiefrtsideneckarchGooD805.jpg

And here is Bart our fewspot stud who should have quite a few foals born in 07, his 1st, and we cant wait!

barttrotrightvelvetbehindok206.jpg

We have a ton more, check them out at www.hairicane.com

I love this thread, as I too have spotted fever!! :bgrin Here is my crew:

Toyland Macho Chips a homozygous Black leopard appaloosa:

Chips.rt.7-8-06.jpg

Black Snowcap appaloosa with blaze & one blue eye Starchief Appy Dans Blanket Bingo

Bingo.rt.7-8-06.jpg

Chip's son, another homozygous black leopard appaloosa Crayonbox Cash In Your Chips

Cash.clip2.6-19-06.jpg

And last black spotted blanket, Toyland Calita Falabella I'm leasing from Tammie of C-Spots Miniature Horses.

Calita.lft.sm.jpg

Latest posts

Back