Show Nerves

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Ok, first show in the AM and I'm worried that I'll forget something.
default_wacko.png
I keep on trying to think of everything but could you guys just give me a hand and list off what I'll need? I'll be there all day and I'm doing liberty, hunter, and jumper.

Thanks guys! I keep thinking, ok, halters check, hay check, grooming supplies check.....

And also- I bring my own lunge whip for liberty, right? Sorry if it's a dumb question. :DOH!

Thanks, Rebecca

Baby wipes

Buckets for water & grain

Hay

Show halters

Barn halters

Show clothes

Boots

Hose, shampoos if bathing horse(s) there

Show sheen

Baby oil gel

Pepi

Hoof black

Slinkies

Chairs

Money, check book, purse

Towels - for horses

Brushes and combs

Take some hard candy or tic tacs, if you get nervous, have a candy.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck!
default_yes.gif

brushes

shapoos lotion oils ect

halters

lunge whip

hay and grain

purse

clothing

chairs

money

shoes

papers (most important!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Duct Tape and some sort of Twist Ties.........

My list is a mile long--I list everything. I've been making show lists for so long I can pretty much make them without half thinking about it, but even so I always do write up a list with absolutely everything listed. That way I know that when I get to the show there will be NOTHING that I have forgotten. So, my list is too long to post here!

Dont forget your class list , i go through and highlight all the classes and championship classes and grand classes that our horses are in (or might be in). I also write in during which classes i need to start getting who ready. Also , take your class list to the office and ask them what classes have no entrys so you can scratch them out, that way incase a bunch of classes have no entrys and you need to start getting your horse ready say , 10 classes ahead of time. I've had this happen to me once, threw a show halter on the horse and ran for the arena ..forgot to see what classes were scratched and i figured there were 10 or so classes ahead of us
default_wacko.png

default_yes.gif

Don't forget emergency contact information, including your cell phone. Tape this securely to the stall door, and ask the show office to keep a copy on file.

Don't forget your measurement card if you have one to avoid doing this over and again.

Just an FYI she left yesterday. : P

but hopefully you remembered the horses!

So how did it go?!?! I was really mad i couldn't go. but theres always next year.

I did notice that she left it a bit late to post & ask what all she needed to have on her list.

I do hope that she remembered to take the horse
default_laugh.png
Actually "horse" is the one thing I do not put on my list of things to take to the show! I figure that if I can't remember the horses without having them on the list....I will just give up!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Well, it went wonderfully, very fun show. Only I forgot something(s) VERY IMPORTANT!

GUYS, DO NOT FORET YOUR REGISTERED PAPERS AND COPY OF COGGINS!!!!!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_yes.gif

Guess who did?
default_saludando.gif
I have a wonderful, supportive father who was able locate the papers and fax them from a Shaw's to a home close to the show. The show staff were so understanding, the papers got there way before our first class, phew!!!!!! We need a wiping-the-brow smiley on here.
default_wink.png

I now have copies of all the papers I'll need in the glove-box in our car!

Thanks all!

Rebecca

Latest posts

Back