Quantcast

Show Nerves

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Rebecca

Reaction score
Ok, first show in the AM and I'm worried that I'll forget something.
I keep on trying to think of everything but could you guys just give me a hand and list off what I'll need? I'll be there all day and I'm doing liberty, hunter, and jumper.

Thanks guys! I keep thinking, ok, halters check, hay check, grooming supplies check.....

And also- I bring my own lunge whip for liberty, right? Sorry if it's a dumb question. :DOH!

Thanks, Rebecca

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
Baby wipes

Buckets for water & grain

Hay

Show halters

Barn halters

Show clothes

Boots

Hose, shampoos if bathing horse(s) there

Show sheen

Baby oil gel

Pepi

Hoof black

Slinkies

Chairs

Money, check book, purse

Towels - for horses

Brushes and combs

Take some hard candy or tic tacs, if you get nervous, have a candy.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiniMaid

Reaction score
good luck!

brushes

shapoos lotion oils ect

halters

lunge whip

hay and grain

purse

clothing

chairs

money

shoes

papers (most important!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Miniv

Reaction score
Duct Tape and some sort of Twist Ties.........

Minimor

Reaction score
My list is a mile long--I list everything. I've been making show lists for so long I can pretty much make them without half thinking about it, but even so I always do write up a list with absolutely everything listed. That way I know that when I get to the show there will be NOTHING that I have forgotten. So, my list is too long to post here!

Leeana

Reaction score
Dont forget your class list , i go through and highlight all the classes and championship classes and grand classes that our horses are in (or might be in). I also write in during which classes i need to start getting who ready. Also , take your class list to the office and ask them what classes have no entrys so you can scratch them out, that way incase a bunch of classes have no entrys and you need to start getting your horse ready say , 10 classes ahead of time. I've had this happen to me once, threw a show halter on the horse and ran for the arena ..forgot to see what classes were scratched and i figured there were 10 or so classes ahead of us

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Don't forget emergency contact information, including your cell phone. Tape this securely to the stall door, and ask the show office to keep a copy on file.

Don't forget your measurement card if you have one to avoid doing this over and again.

Indian*R*A*I*N*Dance

Reaction score
Just an FYI she left yesterday. : P

but hopefully you remembered the horses!

So how did it go?!?! I was really mad i couldn't go. but theres always next year.

Minimor

Reaction score
I did notice that she left it a bit late to post & ask what all she needed to have on her list.

I do hope that she remembered to take the horse
Actually "horse" is the one thing I do not put on my list of things to take to the show! I figure that if I can't remember the horses without having them on the list....I will just give up!!

Rebecca

Reaction score
Well, it went wonderfully, very fun show. Only I forgot something(s) VERY IMPORTANT!

GUYS, DO NOT FORET YOUR REGISTERED PAPERS AND COPY OF COGGINS!!!!!!!!

Guess who did?
I have a wonderful, supportive father who was able locate the papers and fax them from a Shaw's to a home close to the show. The show staff were so understanding, the papers got there way before our first class, phew!!!!!! We need a wiping-the-brow smiley on here.

I now have copies of all the papers I'll need in the glove-box in our car!

Thanks all!

Rebecca

Latest posts