Show Me Your Stall Dividers!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueEyedPony

Reaction score
I'm having a little dilemma with my boys, which is rapidly turning into a big dilemma. Since moving to their new farm several months ago, they have shared a 10x10 stall with no divider. I was worried about it in the beginning, but they were able to be grained separately, and seemed to handle the shared stall remarkably well. However, over the past few weeks, Kinder has been dropping weight (despite an increase in grain and hay), and Duncan has stopped eating his grain (remember, they eat grain separately, hay together). I'm thinking that Duncan is eating all of the hay put out for both boys, making him full during dinner time, and Kinder is pretty much only getting his grain, which is making him drop weight.

I'm trying to work out a plan with the barn owner to put in a removable stall divider, and I'm looking for ideas. Any pictures would be appreciated! Anyone have any dividers that you DON'T like? Reasons why? Thanks in advance for any input!

Nikki

I have a very nice one and will snap pics tomorrow. I have an extra if you want to drive way over and grab it!
wacko.gif

Boys! Could be the move and they're worried about having enough food, especially Duncan. Kinder has never had to worry now has he.
rolleyes.gif

Try to remember my last stall on the left side...it had the 2 young horses in it. The entire stall measures 14x11. We put a divider up that spans almost 8 ft and then I have a door that swings both ways so each horse can get in and I can get in and out with a wheelbarrow, the outside door has a groove in it to catch the swinging door and hold it still when it is closed and locked.

The joy of this type of divider is I can move it one way or the other. I plan to move it over to make a 10x11 stall for Treasure as she's my big girl. I'll keep my hay in the little 4x11 part, then it won't ever get wet if we flood again.

The sales page just had an ad for some mini horse panels, but I think they were 8 feet long.

If all else fails, you might try checking out either "hog or goat" metal panels. They come in different lengths, plus are easy to cut with metal nippers. You can hammer U-nails into wood stall walls on either end and clip the panels onto them. Bungee cords also are wonderful inventions for situations like you're describing.

MA

It will be almost impossible to divide a 10 X 10 stall - 5 X 10 just is not big enough. Do you have bigger stalls available?? My very smallest stalls are 7 X 8 and they are too small for anything except yearlings, really, or strictly overnight, ie out ALL day long.

dealerstall.jpg

This is what we use. Note, this is a temporary stall. Only being ued during the day to keep Dealer out of the sun-due to his illness.

Latest posts

Back