Show Halters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really cute halter!

My 2013 rule book is packed...somewhere with books. I haven't come across it yet.

You can access the rule book - I don't have current access since my internet is really wonky. The modem was fried over the weekend (lightning), was fixed this morn but is now acting all wonky again w/ the severe thunderstorms sweeping thru here. Surprised I still have internet tonite!

Jumper you could probably get away with it as it is simply judged on clean round and speed. Obstacle is a maybe but I would lean towards getting a nice leather performance halter. Hunter is judged on presentation, fluid even gaits, centered jumps, basically showmanship in jumping so I would not use a nylon halter but a leather performance halter that is fitted properly.

There is no rule against it. I'd repeat what Melinda said. If you are just talking about local shows you should be fine, but like at National level shows you probably want a nicer halter to show in.

There's probably not a rule against it, but remember horses in general and especially hunter is a sport steeped in tradition. I would not enter any ring, much less an AMHR or any rated show ring with a bright purple halter with glitter on it. Sorry, but there is a reason leather is used so much. It just looks so much classier. It is really more respectful to the judge and your fellow exhibitors to follow traditions and use a leather halter. The bright purple is a bit much.

Now, that being said I love me some glitter hatters! I'm a hoarder to be honest. I keep one (ok, more than 1....) on hand and crisp and fresh and brand new looking for each horse in my trunk. I use it as a going out halter. That's what they're tied with at the show, wear under bridles at poker runs for the big mare etc. That way I can still show it off and dress them up with it! Where did you get it and does it come in pony size?! I need one in electric blue or hot pink for my filly!

Latest posts

Back